Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2023 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    What people are missing is that, the LIV format sucks. They can only buy so many players. It’s hard to buy real interest. The top guys who have bailed will be replaced by new talent. LIV has no structure for new talent except huge paychecks and those will eventually get smaller unless LIV overtakes the PGA. The whole thing sucks for the average golf fan. The greediness of those already at the top will ruin the game. See college football
    liv golf is not watchable compared to the pga and european tours but the pga now has its own problems with the top tier players excluding all but themselves playing the higher paying season tournanments. problems to come for the pga down the road.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Hard to blame rahm or anyone else leaving for the $$$. Pga events becoming like monday qualifiers now...bunch of no namers. I hate all the division but apparently it was bound to happen.

I’m not sure Jay Monahan is going to be in charge much longer…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

2023 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Players yes. The PGA Championship is a completely separate entity from the PGA Tour.
    Except most liv players won’t qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    What people are missing is that, the LIV format sucks. They can only buy so many players. It’s hard to buy real interest. The top guys who have bailed will be replaced by new talent. LIV has no structure for new talent except huge paychecks and those will eventually get smaller unless LIV overtakes the PGA. The whole thing sucks for the average golf fan. The greediness of those already at the top will ruin the game. See college football
    golf bros are into liv. Like the crowd at the WM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Except most liv players won’t qualify.
    Same as the other majors…

golf bros are into liv. Like the crowd at the WM.
    WM crowd is college students and party central - it’s irrelevant to the rest of the tour circuit and its own thing. Golf bros don’t actually move the needle.

Same as the other majors…
    No. Can qualify both opens and Masters can and will change the rules.

WM crowd is college students and party central - it’s irrelevant to the rest of the tour circuit and its own thing. Golf bros don’t actually move the needle.
    The “rest” of the pga tour is also irrelevant. I know several casual golf fans that went to LIv events and had a blast. It will grow especially internationally.

The washed up boomers won’t hold the PGA tour together.

Have any of the equipment manufacturers established a marketing relationship at the sparsely watched LIV events? Does anyone know without Google who won the last event?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

2023 PGA

The “rest” of the pga tour is also irrelevant. I know several casual golf fans that went to LIv events and had a blast. It will grow especially internationally.

The washed up boomers won’t hold the PGA tour together.
    Yeah dude, you’re so dialed into the golf industry that I just had to explain that the PGA of America and PGA Tour are separate entities.

The majority of real golfers - where the money is - think LIV is shit. If they were smart they’d drop the format and just make it a straight up rival tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Have any of the equipment manufacturers established a marketing relationship at the sparsely watched LIV events? Does anyone know without Google who won the last event?
    Without Google, who just won the:

Hero (probably easy because it got so much press with Tiger going)
    RSM Classic
    Betterfield Bermuda
    WWT Championship
    Zozo

How many people even know these were PGA tour events? I didn't until I looked.

Didn't know the last LIV winner but could tell you Gooch, Dechambeau, Koepka and Smith had a good run for the last few months. If LIV can keep throwing money and pulling big names like Rahmbo, they're going to get some traction. I'm a fairly casual fan that doesn't follow too much and I know those names as well or better than the dudes winning PGA events I've never heard of. Maybe I fit in the golf bro category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

But I'm not going to fault Rahm for taking that kind of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Hard to blame rahm or anyone else leaving for the $$$.
    I'm going to disagree, and say that it is easy to blame/fault Rahm, or Phil, or any of the other stars who flipped. Rahm is wealthy beyond what I can imagine, and would only increase his wealth playing on the PGA tour. But apparently that's not enough and I'm supposed to not fault him for taking more money than he could possibly spend from evil murderous fucks? We all have a price I guess.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The majority of real golfers - where the money is - think LIV is shit. .
    Define real golfer.

The pga championship does not have this option:

Qualify for masters. Catch the Masters Committee’s attention

The Masters Committee also reserves the right to extend an invitation to players that they feel are deserving of a place in the field.

From the WSJ:

https://www.dowjones.com/professiona...revenue-driver

“Golfers who joined the nascent LIV series can still participate in the three majors outside the PGA Championship”

The pga championship does not have this option:

Qualify for masters:

“Catch the Masters Committee’s attention

The Masters Committee also reserves the right to extend an invitation to players that they feel are deserving of a place in the field.”

2023 PGA

PGA Tour annual charity award. $30k to a food bank.

Rory gets $15mm for shitposting on the internet.

PGA tour events now averaging 200k viewers. Tour is dead. Money is way beyond its value.

John Smolz finished +22 @ champions q school. 31 shots off cut line and 51 shots off the lead.

John Smolz finished +22 @ champions q school. 31 shots off cut line and 51 shots off the lead.
    Amazing fact!!! Keep going, you're on a roll.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

2023 PGA

Define real golfer.
    People who play a lot, buy a lot of gear, etc. kind of like the difference between real skiers and people who go skiing. Most dedicated golfers do not give a shit about LIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm going to disagree, and say that it is easy to blame/fault Rahm, or Phil, or any of the other stars who flipped. Rahm is wealthy beyond what I can imagine, and would only increase his wealth playing on the PGA tour. But apparently that's not enough and I'm supposed to not fault him for taking more money than he could possibly spend from evil murderous fucks? We all have a price I guess.
    I think the key here is Rahm held out but once the PGA merged with the Saudi’s (or whatever, this whole thing has been weird AF) he probably figured well what’s the difference at this point. So while it bums me out, good for him.

Most dedicated golfers do not give a shit about LIV.
    Or the PGA Tour for that matter.

I think the key here is Rahm held out but once the PGA merged with the Saudi’s (or whatever, this whole thing has been weird AF) he probably figured well what’s the difference at this point. So while it bums me out, good for him.
    This right here. If the PGA has already announced some sort of partnership with LIV, where should a golfer golf to preserve the heritage, history, and sanctity of the game away from connection to Saudi money? Especially when you were one of the pros standing up for the PGA. Hard for a purist to find high ground when everything is below water.

That's a fair point, wasn't thinking of the actual tour selling out.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy