Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

The guys who defended the Tour and spoke out loudly against LIV for a variety of reasons must be just blindsided by "their" Tour this afternoon. If I were them I'd be drafting union docs in short order. They defended the Company but in the end the Company just threw them under the bus.
    This.

The unity ruse helped bottom the 100 in pga tour status so there’s that. Had everyone gone to liv they might have been out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's not. It's transmogrifying into a for-profit entity.
    the PGA said, adding that the PGA will retain its not-for-profit, tax-exempt status.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    the PGA said, adding that the PGA will retain its not-for-profit, tax-exempt status.
    from ESPN: "In a statement, the circuits said the parties have signed an agreement that "combines PIF's golf-related commercial businesses and rights (including LIV Golf) with the commercial businesses and rights of the PGA Tour and DP World Tour into a new, collectively owned, for-profit entity to ensure that all stakeholders benefit from a model that delivers maximum excitement and competition among the game's best players.""

But yes, the article also says "The PGA Tour will remain a 501(c)(6) tax-exempt organization, according to the release, and will retain oversight of the sanctioning of events, administration of competition and rules."
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

No commercials on golf channel for quite a while. Are they giving sponsors a chance to evaluate implications?

4Matic,

It’s possible for a member of an entity (in this case likely a DE LLC joint venture between the three tours) to be a non-profit corporation. So long as that entity continues to comply with the code they keep the status. Did you know the NFL is a non-profit as well?

The Tour is not a 501(c)(3) charitable entity, it’s a 501(c)(6) acting and charitably supporting a trade organization - the players and tour apparatus.

I think your issue is with the tax code, not the Tour.
    I still call it The Jake.

PGA just spit on the graves of every soldier that died in Iraq and Afghanistan.

4Matic,

It’s possible for a member of an entity (in this case likely a DE LLC joint venture between the three tours) to be a non-profit corporation. So long as that entity continues to comply with the code they keep the status. Did you know the NFL is a non-profit as well?

The Tour is not a 501(c)(3) charitable entity, it’s a 501(c)(6) acting and charitably supporting a trade organization - the players and tour apparatus.

I think your issue is with the tax code, not the Tour.
    Thanks. Yes. Tax code

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post

You could say that about buying a Japanese or German car. Some still do.

On the green, one 5 footer to clinch The Masters Green Jacket.. What's that putter his caddy is handing him?? It looks like a....................

BONE SAW!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1018.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	295.7 KB 
ID:	461139
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Jay Monahan, sheeeesh. First ballot HoF hypocrite, they must have paid him a king's ransom to get this deal done.

Cost ‘em an arm and a leg?

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Jay Monahan, sheeeesh. First ballot HoF hypocrite, they must have paid him a king's ransom to get this deal done.
    That and also I am sure there was some huge pressure from sponsors, players, and affiliates over the emails, etc that would come out if the legal battles went forward.
    Everybody gets paid and scawy stuff goes away. Its professional sports! the paying public, especially Americans dont care about the morality, just entertain us with cool stuff we wish we could do ( see NFL all, NCAA most, etc)

Apparently they just had a 1.5hr players meeting with Monahan at the RBC Canadian Open that was described by one attendee as “very intense” and that the sense of it was “betrayal” and “union talk was floated as the Tour didn’t have the players best interest” <— called it.

I can only imagine the shit that was said to Monahan.

The statement released by the 9/11 Families was scathing.

What a slimeball.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    They’ll do what the NFL does and pretend they care and have Salute to Service weeks, flyovers and other patriotic events.

Apparently they just had a 1.5hr players meeting with Monahan at the RBC Canadian Open that was described by one attendee as “very intense” and that the sense of it was “betrayal” and “union talk was floated as the Tour didn’t have the players best interest” <— called it.
    Source? There's so much BS speculation and made up shit going around today, which is why I ask...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Source? There's so much BS speculation and made up shit going around today, which is why I ask...
    Jeff Ogilvy. Turn on golf channel.

His sense was that Monahan was not prepared to make this disclosure today. The quotes above are direct. Not sure what you’re getting at.

No one is going to sit and wait to see what the plan is when there clearly isn’t a very formulated one in place. If I’m a Tour loyal player I’m not trusting shit that comes out of the Tour’s mouth.

Fuck the pga.

Whatever happened to making the saudis the “ pariah state” they are.

I’ll be impressed if we somehow block this.

Jeff Ogilvy. Turn on golf channel.

His sense was that Monahan was not prepared to make this disclosure today. The quotes above are direct. Not sure what you’re getting at.
    I'm not getting at anything aside from asking for your source. Not crazy in this day and age.

Sounds like Monahan is a bigger idiot than we thought and is seriously fucked. What a dumbass.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I'm not getting at anything aside from asking for your source. Not crazy in this day and age.

Sounds like Monahan is a bigger idiot than we thought and is seriously fucked. What a dumbass.
    No worries.

Yes, Ogilvy said that Monahan doesn’t have a fully baked plan as details were not very given. The panel who aired the interview mentioned that industry insiders have been telling them that it may have been about to be leaked and that this is just Monahan trying to get ahead of it.

.Name:  FB_IMG_1686096971838.jpeg
Views: 230
Size:  92.7 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Was FIFA in Qatar a flop? I didn't watch as much as I usually do but I still watched the knockout rounds. I guess I took the money too. My golf vibe had already been fading this century, but odds of me regaining interest anytime soon just plummeted.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Someone please explain to me how the tour gofers can be against SA blood money and yet troop on down en masse to MAL to play rounds with trump?