Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: 2023 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    maybe he did, maybe he didn't, maybe go fuck yourself
    maybe?
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Amazing round by Scheffler!
    if he was coming thru the tour 40 around 1985, post jack but pre tiger; i'd give him a great chance for top 5 in wins and majors all time. he still has a chance but the competition is so much greater, seems a longshot.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Biggest laugh, I got out of watching all weekend was after I commented that Phil looked extremely haggard, my buddy, without missing a beat, turned to me and said he’s a degenerate gambler who was just given $200 million to play with. No shit he’s going to look haggard; probably hasn’t slept in months. Lol.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    if he was coming thru the tour 40 around 1985, post jack but pre tiger; i'd give him a great chance for top 5 in wins and majors all time. he still has a chance but the competition is so much greater, seems a longshot.
    Scottie is on an all-time heater right now but he will probably regress just like the other current players who at one point seemed like they were headed for double digit majors (Rory, Spieth, Brooks)

Y’all like rooting for a Christian Nationalist? Golf is unwatchable these days.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Christian Nationalist? God, you're hyperbolic.

Is any given NFL postgame show the Christian Nationalist hour?

New to sports or comments from athletes in general?

Praise him
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Y’all like rooting for a Christian Nationalist? Golf is unwatchable these days.
    He's been a generational ball striker since he broke out in 2022. If you enjoy professional golf it's pretty fun to watch, yeah.

I like watching the golf but don’t stay for the presser. Problem solved. I don’t hang out with Scotty but maybe you do and are worried about where his life is heading with his beliefs and all. Have you asked him to take a lap?

Ach for the old days when golf was only played on a links course by proper dour shitty Christian nationalist English & Scots. Went to hell when they started admitting the coloreds to the clubs, worse was the women.

He is risen
    crab in my shoe mouth

We need a Buttah vs Jesus ski off.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    We need a Buttah vs Jesus ski off.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    jesus was stiff for 12+ hours straight, beatah’s never been stiff in his life

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Scottie is on an all-time heater right now but he will probably regress just like the other current players who at one point seemed like they were headed for double digit majors (Rory, Spieth, Brooks)
    It's a fair argument and that's kind of a trend but there's some nuance. Yeah, Rory is on like a 10 year major drought but he's had a lot of close finishes and also won three FedEx Cups during that time. Nothing to sneeze at. Spieth definitely has disappointed in recent years. Same with Justin Thomas aside from him snagging that PGA 2 years ago. Brooks has 5 majors and just won one of them last season - the gap between wins largely the result of injuries and surgeries, so I wouldn't group him with the others. Dude has 5 majors and still only turns 34 next month.

Having said all of that, Scottie seems different from those guys except maybe Rory. Those other three were never number one in the world, much less for a long stretch like Rory. Scottie's play week in and week out is the most dominant I've seen since Tiger. The putter can be shaky at times but his ball striking is incredible. I could care less that he's religious - not my jam but he certainly seems like a good guy.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

What if Scottie is a tea drinker?

Let go and let god
    crab in my shoe mouth

Scottie continues his incredible run, winning The Heritage this weekend in HHI making his last five events:

Arnold Palmer : 1st
    The Players: 1st
    Texas Children's: 2nd
    The Masters: 1st
    RBC Heritage: 1st

That's just nuts and it's been incredible to watch. Harbour Town looked fantastic this weekend as well and it's been awesome seeing all the big names there following the short drive from Augusta these past few years since they made it a Designated Event.

Couple other interesting things (to me at least) occurred while watching the last couple weeks. First, the guys I considered the 'fun young crowd' (Rory, Ricky, Jordan, JT, Dufner, Keegan, etc.) aren't young anymore and some have already started to kind of fade away. Scottie and this new group have certainly taken the mantle and run with it.

Second, I have to feel that LIV is just going to eventually go away even if they complete whatever this merger is. I feel the PGATour is doing just fine without those guys. The LIV guys just don't get to play against tough courses or competition (no cuts = no motivation). Sure it would be nice to have them competing against the Tour guys again on a regular basis, but like any other sport/entertainment if you're not in front of the most eyes competing at the highest level, you'll get replaced and people will move on.

Sir Nick had a sick burn from the comfort of his podcast (I guess he's no longer on any Tour calls) about it all:

"Prior to last week’s 88th Masters Tournament, Faldo joined Sky Sports’ Golf Podcast and made some rather interesting remarks, particularly about LIV Golf and Jon Rahm.

When asked for his thoughts on Rahm’s preparedness, Faldo went in.
    “I know he made comments that he watched Riviera and thought ‘I wish I was there.’ The Players was good, that was exciting. I bet he wished he was in there.”

“He has been playing resort courses in his shorts for the last couple of months. He hasn’t been tested... maybe he is not quite sharp enough.”

yeah, there is so much young talent on tour. the liv thing continues to lack any reason to watch. mbs needs to start buying art or some other shit cuz the liv well is as dry as the oil well.