Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    As always, the Wu nailed it first.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Someone please explain to me how the tour gofers can be against SA blood money and yet troop on down en masse to MAL to play rounds with trump?
    Less bone saws waiting for them?

Fuck Trump, he signed up with LIV as quick as he could.
    I still call it The Jake.

Would it be any different if it were NASCAR? At this point I seriously doubt it.

So pga events will now have liv players participate? Right now, only the same 5 guys....or some unknown wins a pga event. It'll make it more watchable.

2023 PGA

You all throw around “Saudi blood money” like its a fact. Everything I see says Saudi citizens were involved, but no connections to the Saudi government have been proven. Educate me if I’m mistaken.

Ps-I guess Brandle Chamblee will be resigning from the Golf channel now

^^ Give me a fucking break.

Someone please explain to me how the tour gofers can be against SA blood money and yet troop on down en masse to MAL to play rounds with trump?
    They cancelled the tournament at Trump's course... which is why there's one in mexico city now.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    You all throw around “Saudi blood money” like its a fact. Everything I see says Saudi citizens were involved, but no connections to the Saudi government have been proven. Educate me if I’m mistaken.
    MY GOD

I hope that was just a troll. Ffs

From nbc news:

The document, which is heavily redacted, provides a summary of an FBI interview in 2015 with a man who had regular contact with Saudi nationals in the U.S. The man aided Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mihdhar, the first hijackers to arrive in the U.S., once they arrived in the country.

It details contacts the hijackers had with Saudi associates in the U.S. It does not provide evidence that senior Saudi government officials were complicit in the attacks.

The 9/11 Commission report did not find evidence that Saudi leaders were complicit in the attacks, but it did say Saudi nationals played key roles in funding Al Qaeda.

Are we talking about their involvement with 9/11 or their general human rights record or the killing of kashoggi?

There are really only 4 men’s professional golf tournaments that aren’t just glorified corporate commercials.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

To you that's is true but there is a whole big world out there away from your keyboard.

I wonder how much money Monahan got pushed into his bank account under the table to seal the deal?

$40 Million Dollar Smile is my guess.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	licensed-image-1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	347.4 KB 
ID:	461160
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Are we talking about their involvement with 9/11 or their general human rights record or the killing of kashoggi?
    I’m talking about 9/11.

I’m talking about 9/11.
    Oh good, let's not pay any attention to that other stuff.

I humbly request that we ignore the absurd direction this thread is going in and get back on track. If someone doesn't buy the Saudi history by now there's really no point in arguing.

Rory is going to talk to the media later this morning - should be interesting.

I was pondering whether the PGA is opening themselves up to individual lawsuits from players who turned down big LIV money offers.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I humbly request that we ignore the absurd direction this thread is going in and get back on track. If someone doesn't buy the Saudi history by now there's really no point in arguing.

Rory is going to talk to the media later this morning - should be interesting.

I was pondering whether the PGA is opening themselves up to individual lawsuits from players who turned down big LIV money offers.
    John Feinstein, author of Feherty, was on the radio this morning and said that is absolutely something the Tour should expect from players like Morikowa, Ricky, Zalatoris et al that had offers to jump but were persuaded not to by the Tour.

Rory’s presser will be interesting for sure.

I have a hard time believing that since liv, pga and dp are now merged, they will somehow keep the current liv guys out, or make it hard for them to come back, which the talking heads on golf channel are saying

Rory's press conference Q&A here:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/202...f-merger-live/

Some interesting responses:

"McIlroy: 'I still hate LIV'
    It’s hard for me not to sit up here and feel somewhat like a sacrificial lamb. I still hate LIV, I hate them. I hope it goes away and I fully expect that it does.

This is the PGA Tour, the DP World Tour and the PIF.

All I’ve tried to do is protect what the PGA Tour stands for and I think you will see that going forward."

"Should golfers who turned down LIV money be reimbursed?
    The simple answer is yes. The complex answer is how does that happen."

"McIlroy says he has confidence in Jay Monahan
    I do. I’ve dealt with Jay a lot closer than a lot of guys have. From where we were a couple of weeks ago to where we are today, the future of the PGA Tour looks brighter.

What that looks like for individual players in terms of keeping a Tour card, and certain players coming back into the fold at the expense of the others, that’s where the anger comes from.

We can’t just let these guys back in and pretend like nothing has happened. These guys irreparably damaged the PGA Tour and started litigation against us. They’re not just coming straight back in, that’s what Jay was trying to get across yesterday."

I’m talking about 9/11.
    So women couldn't vote in SA until 2015, and couldn't drive a car until 2018. You're an idiot

I have a hard time believing that since liv, pga and dp are now merged, they will somehow keep the current liv guys out, or make it hard for them to come back, which the talking heads on golf channel are saying
    Sponsors exemptions, points from majors. A few will have to re-qualify.

Firing Monahan seems to easy a pound of flesh. Id expect him to resign within 12 months

Resign or retire with all that Saudi money sitting offshore somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Resign or retire with all that Saudi money sitting offshore somewhere?
    Buy out + SA blood money in an offshore account = win

At least he went out protecting the heritage, tradition, and sanctity of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    At least he went out protecting the heritage, tradition, and sanctity of the game.
    He'll always look back fondly on the time he defended those precious values, right up till he didn't. I hope he finds a way to comfort himself.

This has been addressed……… in the original press release.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Here's a crazy thought: let's all STFU with our uninformed opinions until the actual details come out? While a lot of PGA players definitely feel blindsided, if you don't think they're going to be heavily compensated to balance things out you're crazy. Jay Monahan knows he wouldn't last a day longer in his job.

As a viewer I'm fine with this - having LIV bullshit (which has been unwatchable) and diluted PGA fields has kind of sucked this season. While the Saudi money always felt gross, I understood it, I just drew the line at the players who were literally spouting Saudi propaganda. Fuck those guys (DJ, Cam Smith, Brooks never did for the record).
    Dude you were the biggest homer saying those that went to Liv were mercenary - and that is putting it kindly

I wrote that it was in their best interests and Saudia Arabia is not evil and an ally

A transactional ally but an ally nine the less

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums