Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 PGA

2023 PGA

https://youtu.be/8ffc0TCGIG4

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

DBdude- You don't know me at all and your words are completely and totally off-base, and also factually incorrect about any of my logic, or thoughts to how I know our gov't is totally fucked. Progressives and liberals can also be patriotic. What, because I'm female, you choose to be rude AND condescending? GFY with that comment. YOU are the fucktard. And an asshole. WTF

As for golf, I don't post in the golf thread. But I've been playing since drivers were actually made out of wood. Love the game. But it does feel dirty now, tainted. I like to enjoy watching a football game once in awhile, but that doesn't mean I love the NFL. But the SA influence, and relation to the orange tyrant, it all seems too greasy now with PGA. It's really an uncomfortable feeling and I don't like it.

Not sure what to do at this point, nothing one layman person does will influence anything the PGA decides. I have a conscience and this does bother me. But there's nothing I can do about it. Will I play golf less? Not sure. The game will still be the game. I just don't want to financially support the PGA in any capacity at this point moving forward unless things change. Is it possible to still play golf and not support the PGA? I like to think so.

2023 PGA

Why would playing a round of golf somewhere support the PGA whatsoever? It’s a sports league. It’s not the USGA. Does playing catch with a football in the back yard support the NFL? This is a goofy ass discussion.

Also, because I definitely know there are people here who are still clueless: the PGA Tour and PGA of America are completely separate entities.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Next season of Full Swing is going to be very entertaining.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Why would playing a round of golf somewhere support the PGA whatsoever?
    Yeah. I'm shitty at golf. I piss off people who like golf because I don't have a PGA login so I can't tell them my handicap which doesn't exist. I drive a couple miles to a muni course and pay them $30 to hit a round.

I wonder if any of the diesel in the groomers at my local ski came from middle eastern oil. This discussion on boycotting golf is enlightening and timely. I didn't have a single thing to be pissed about until this thread and I thrive on being pissed about something. Jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Yeah. I'm shitty at golf. I piss off people who like golf because I don't have a PGA login so I can't tell them my handicap which doesn't exist. I drive a couple miles to a muni course and pay them $30 to hit a round.
    The official handicap system is administered by your state/regional golf association which is under the USGA umbrella. Completely separate from the PGA of America which is completely separate from the PGA Tour. This thread is making my brain hurt.

Good. I'm even further from the Saudi blood money and can still enjoy an afternoon of poorly whacking a little white ball around while not being able to tell real golfers what my handicap is.

I wonder if any Saudi oil goes into frisbee golf discs.
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Golf has always been kinda fucked up with boozy cigar huffing fat guys. A “medium” golf shirt fits me like an XL. Gotta make the fat guys feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Jesus you say some dumb shit on this forum.
    He’s a lonely old guy with absolutely nothing to do. Life is much better here with his moronic garbage on Ignore. Please stop quoting his crap, we don’t want to be reminded of his annoying existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    He’s a lonely old guy with absolutely nothing to do. Life is much better here with his moronic garbage on Ignore. Please stop quoting his crap, we don’t want to be reminded of his annoying existence.
    Projection much?

I'm just glad I haven't already been paying hard earned money towards products in an industry where now all the top athletes are Saudi royal family hors. Every pro tournament at the top levels benefits them. Have fun with that..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post

I wonder if any Saudi oil goes into frisbee golf discs.
    As long as the top pros and vendors aren't sucking Saudi dick for a cool hundred million dollars who cares..

It was far more than a hundred million. Maybe you'd suck dick for less but lets at least use the real numbers.

^^^True, the mid level players got $100M to join LIV

Watching the golf community react to this is kind of like watching the Tesla fans after Elno came out as a Trump Humper. And yes, the Ven diagram overlaps.

rory can do that hat trick on the RBC, 2019,2022 and 2023(no 2020 and 2021, covid)
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    rory can do that hat trick on the RBC, 2019,2022 and 2023(no 2020 and 2021, covid)
    so much trouble @ the RBC, kinda hard being ro ro RORY>>>

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Projection much?

I'm just glad I haven't already been paying hard earned money towards products in an industry where now all the top athletes are Saudi royal family hors. Every pro tournament at the top levels benefits them. Have fun with that..

Lol -- just another to the chorus of get-fucked with this logic.

Players woke up to this news on Tuesday. The didn't choose the Saudis. They're pissed. Spineless, greedy fucks running the PGA are the sellouts. You expect individuals whose career it is to have an immediate plan to exit within 2 days of the news?

If Mikela woke up tomorrow and the Saudis had bought Amer Sports/Atomic -- would you be spewing bullshit about her being a Saudi royal family whore?

The game is not the PGA Tour. The game existed for hundreds of years before it. It'll exist long after it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post

Players woke up to this news on Tuesday. The didn't choose the Saudis. They're pissed. Spineless, greedy fucks running the PGA are the sellouts. You expect individuals whose career it is to have an immediate plan to exit within 2 days of the news?

If Mikela woke up tomorrow and the Saudis had bought Amer Sports/Atomic -- would you be spewing bullshit about her being a Saudi royal family whore?

The game is not the PGA Tour. The game existed for hundreds of years before it. It'll exist long after it as well.
    I actually said upthread that I'd stop following the US Ski Team if the Saudis were polling the strings there.

But I do see the point sort of... like Russian NHL players not being involved in the Ukraine Invasion. However PGA players ARE OWNERS. Any money that the PGA leadership agreed to... likely BILLIONS. will be distributed to the other owners.. aka the PGA players. Most will probably have more than enough to walk away.. So they can get fucked if they don't.. or if they do..

This is easily the most horrific business deal to happen at the highest level of pro sports ever. I'd be super pissed if it happened 20-30 years ago when I ate, slept, breathed, and shit golf week in and week out.

I was toying with the idea of gearing up and playing again when the kids finish college and leave the nest.. Jury's out on that now... If it's Saudis RUINning the top levels of the sport and profiting from it that's a big fat fuck no now..

The game will be better without you.

Rory needs to shut the fuck up….. and stop wearing hoodies.

I’m out on this thread, too many people with no fucking clue what they’re talking about. JFC.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    The game will be better without you.

Rory needs to shut the fuck up….. and stop wearing hoodies.

I don’t know. Rory gets a big time pass from me. He took so much shit on Monahan’s behalf only to get sold out by him.

Even so, I liked his press conference responses, he’s going to work with the new regime going forward. He’s on the Players Advisory Counsel and the face of the PGA tour. His look is a hell of a lot better than Phil’s.
    I still call it The Jake.

I ... However PGA players ARE OWNERS. Any money that the PGA leadership agreed to... likely BILLIONS. will be distributed to the other owners.. aka the PGA players. Most will probably have more than enough to walk away.. So they can get fucked if they don't.. or if they do.......
    This thread would be more useful if you had a fucking clue what you were talking about. The players aren't owners. They aren't even employees. They're independent contractors. They pay their fees and expenses to participate. The only pay they get directly from the tour is purse money. If you're not m,aking cuts and placing up high, you're reliant on sponsorship money alone. Not only are they not employees, they don't have decision making powers about shit like this. https://www.forbes.com/sites/ikebran...h=ee4287b784cd

Be rad to see the players call bullshit and unionized based on this.

There's so much trouble in the R B C that it's hard being R o RRRS E E

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I don’t know. Rory gets a big time pass from me. He took so much shit on Monahan’s behalf only to get sold out by him.

Even so, I liked his press conference responses, he’s going to work with the new regime going forward. He’s on the Players Advisory Counsel and the face of the PGA tour. His look is a hell of a lot better than Phil’s.
    See Bill, Rory gets rid of the hoodie, shuts up, 5 under 67.

Touche'! Did not totally boycott Qatatr I definitely stepped back from that PL/CL stuff quite a bit last 10 years. My club is still US owned though.. Definitely no plans to follow Saudi League at all. If they buy PL I'm out.
    new front-of-shirt sponsor for NUFC, Sela (£25m/season for the club). "Sela's website says it is owned by the country's sovereign wealth Public Investment Fund (PIF), which also holds an 80% stake in Newcastle".

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post

Agreed. It's not all that different than when some pro NBA and other high profile athletes came out against China cracking down on Taiwan and Hong Kong.. They all had to walk it back in public apologies IN CHINESE broadcast all across China..