Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Chase pays .01% on Savings and Sofi pays 4.2%.

Ally is the clubhouse leader right now. Sofi is still in the running. Unlikely to go with one of the biggies.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I'm braiding this thread. Why the hell did banks ditch their coin machines! I want a brick and mortar that will take my loose coins!
    When your jammed up - Boom town. - Has a machine that does that. Kinda NICE CONCIDERING THERE IS NOT A SINGLE MACHINE THAT WILL TAKE COINS
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I'm braiding this thread. Why the hell did banks ditch their coin machines! I want a brick and mortar that will take my loose coins!
    TD Bank. Also Publix Supermarkets

Bank. Local.

#endthread

Bangor Savings has coin counting machines, one of my favorite features of banking with them.

We've been using Schwab forever, no complaints. Love the ability to use any ATM without fees. Also have a local credit union (Coors On Tap CU) but looking for a better local option. They are rinky dink at best.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Schwab will reimburse all ATM fees, from anywhere in the world. I use them solely for this. Also have a Wells Fargo account for routine banking, check writing, convenient ATMs in the western US. Not that I particularly like Wells, but they're convenient for where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    TD Bank. Also Publix Supermarkets
    TD is my bank and they don't locally to me.

TD is my bank and they don't locally to me.
    They pulled the machine from at least one branch here a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Bank. Local.

#endthread
    My local bank is paying 0.25% to use my money. My online bank is paying 4.7%. Considering the amount I'm saving up for a home remodel, my local bank can fuck off. I at least called them to give them a chance to meet somewhere in the middle and they said no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

TD Bank are a bunch of blood sucking parasites and can choke on a bag of dicks.

I've been happy with First Tech Credit Union:

https://www.firsttechfed.com/

These folks are also very easy to deal with, but their branches are all in the midwest. I've been with them for thirty years, and haven't been in a branch in almost 20 years. Very easy web interface, and very good service on loans, etc.:

https://www.american.bank/#f=wb

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    My online bank is paying 4.7%.
    Which bank is that?

My long time bank just got acquired by US Bank. They seem ok so far but I'm looking at options.

Use a Coinstar machine.

https://coinstar.com/findakiosk/

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    My long time bank just got acquired by US Bank. They seem ok so far but I'm looking at options.
    Vibes. I've been with US Bank since '06. It's been a long slow slide to the point where I'm honestly considering going back to Chase or even B of A.

The website is hot garbage, couldn't tell you about the app because I stopped using it, and the branch recently made a mistake that put me 30k overdraft. Took two days of my time getting them to fix that, and I personally asked the manager for something in return (not hold a large cashier's check written by a major corporation, drawn from B of A). That's one phone call. They said they would, but never did, then ghosted me.

And that's on top of them literally lying to my face a few years ago over a different matter.

Oh, and they aren't open weekends.

Some of you value free coin counting over high interest savings? C'mon, do the math, that makes no sense at all. 10% on coin counting is perfectly fine for the very rare time I actually do it these days. In fact I probably haven't done it in a decade.
    Last edited by bfree; 06-07-2023 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Which bank is that?

CIT is paying 4.498%

I've been biting my tongue, but people keep coins?

Every time you receive a coin, put it in the charity/donation box, tip jar, or the homeless guy's hand. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post

Every time you receive a coin, put it in the charity/donation box, tip jar, or the homeless guy's hand. Problem solved.
    Fuck no. We routinely collect enough in coins for dinner at our favorite local place. And my town still has parking meters that take quarters. My CU and my wife's CU both have free coin counters. The wrinkle is that you have to deposit it in one of your accounts. That's fine by me. The grocery store also has one. It takes a cut so I don't use it. However, it advertised that you can get your money in BitCoin. So there's that, if I ever need it.

I put bills in the tip jar. The people I tip deserve actual money.

These are old af! Just found them in the basement. So bite your tongue off biatch! I haven't kept new coins in years, but yeah, I got a ton that were never dealt with.

If I'm being honest, there are probably a few jars hiding somewhere in our house.

On a related note, my wife always has coins, and she keeps them in an old 35 mm film container. Kids these days don't even know what that is.

If I'm being honest, there are probably a few jars hiding somewhere in our house.

On a related note, my wife always has coins, and she keeps them in an old 35 mm film container. Kids these days don't even know what that is.
    I've used film canisters before, but not for coins. The old metal screw top ones were the best.

That habit will be costly in Japan where they have JP¥500 coins

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I've used film canisters before, but not for coins.
    I've made the "what? kids don't smoke weed anymore?" joke but it didn't land.

I get home from work and my wife says she found more coins in the basement. I'll be able to retire at this pace.