Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TETON GRAVITY RESEARCH WEB SUPPORT SUCKS ASS!!!

Hoping this will get someone's attention. Nothing else has.

Forum admins? Yes you. Little help here?

For months I have tried to get someone, anyone, in TGR tech support to fix an issue with my account being hijacked. Probably 10 or so emails without getting anything accomplished.
    Hell, I even emailed the TGR retail support, figuring maybe they'd respond to possible effects to their $.

Dear TGR,
    You have my email address. Please. Please. Pretty please with sugar on top, fix this *&#^$%*&)*#*$^ issue.
    Last edited by Roxtar; 05-30-2023 at 02:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Lol, good luck.
    watch out for snakes

Why would you put this in sproket rockets?
    Maybe contact a mod directly or put it in the "ask tgr" forum.

Having been a mod in other forums, I can say it's a thankless job for the most part. Try to show a little respect to our free resource here.

TETON GRAVITY RESEARCH WEB SUPPORT SUCKS ASS!!!

Have you tried becoming a Buffalo? And seriously, you can’t even put this rant in the proper thread. STFU already lmao

Considering the current "login" link is actually a link to log out, I'm guessing no one really gives a shit at this point. It took me some serious sleuthing just to access my account again on my desktop computer.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Yeah, the forum software sucks balls. And support is mediocre at best. But when we know about a problem -- like Guy on a Buffalo -- we can sometimes get someone to open the closet door and take a peek at the server. Some problems do go unresolved, though; we know the "Stash" is a pile of shit that is likely a big part of the login problems, but nobody will address it. In any case, whatever issue the OP is having is unknown to me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I had a beer with TGR's IT guy last night and he said they'd fix the problem, but only if the entirety of sprockets can come to unanimous agreement on what's the best chain lube.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I had a beer with TGR's IT guy last night and he said they'd fix the problem, but only if the entirety of sprockets can come to unanimous agreement on what's the best chain lube.
    Is he originally from Upstate New York?

They got four more admins working on the case. They got 'em working in shifts!

Not tire size?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Why would you put this in sproket rockets?
    Maybe contact a mod directly or put it in the "ask tgr" forum.

Having been a mod in other forums, I can say it's a thankless job for the most part. Try to show a little respect to our free resource here.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Have you tried becoming a Buffalo? And seriously, you can’t even put this rant in the proper thread. STFU already lmao
    I think you guys missed the point.
    This wasn't a "rant". This wasn't a thread to start a conversation.

It's a hail mary attempt to get the attention of someone at TGR (hopefully a forum mod has the ability to contact someone who matters) after repeatedly attempting to do it the "correct" way.
    Somewhere between 10 and 20 emails to forum tech support have gotten nowhere.

So yes, I put it in its own thread to get noticed, not buried in an existing one. I would have thought the first sentence of the post would have explained that.

I don't think anyone missed the point. We have an entire forum dedicated to tech support, yet you chose to put this thread somewhere else. We have a handful of volunteer mods who try to help people get shit fixed, and in some sense be their advocate with whatever support we get from TGR, yet you have not tried to contact any of the mods, collectively or individually, or tried to describe the problem in any fashion. I have no idea what is happening nor do I have any idea what interactions you have had with TGR and with who.

Lastly, as you get all worked up about how people are doing you wrong, try to remember that this is all free, mods volunteer their time and the forum is a pretty good free resource, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

So maybe you should start over. And not lead with a rant in the wrong forum, and double down when people point out the error of your ways.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in? Usually fixes things.

I really miss Jong Slaughter sometimes.

The red one.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

So… you are posting and replying from an account that was made in 07. But you said your account was hijacked?
    I thought that was a little weird, but then I checked out your business website fusion multi sport, which is in your profile, good god man, your website is JACKED
    It reminds me of when Homer Simpson tried to make his own website.
    Maybe you are referring to your business website and not your tgr account? Either way, 20 emails to TGR is wayyyy too much effort for a username on a ski forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't think anyone missed the point. We have an entire forum dedicated to tech support, yet you chose to put this thread somewhere else. We have a handful of volunteer mods who try to help people get shit fixed, and in some sense be their advocate with whatever support we get from TGR, yet you have not tried to contact any of the mods, collectively or individually, or tried to describe the problem in any fashion. I have no idea what is happening nor do I have any idea what interactions you have had with TGR and with who.

Lastly, as you get all worked up about how people are doing you wrong, try to remember that this is all free, mods volunteer their time and the forum is a pretty good free resource, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

So maybe you should start over. And not lead with a rant in the wrong forum, and double down when people point out the error of your ways.
    Danno, I'm sorry if I stepped on your toes.

At the bottom of this page is a link that says "Contact Us". I hit that and it sent me to a list of TGR contacts, one of which was "WEBSITE TECH SUPPORT".
    That kind of sounded like a good place to start if I needed, I don't know, maybe website tech support?

No, I didn't think to search through the forums looking for an alternate place to get "Website Tech Support". I, apparently wrongly, assumed the email link for "Website Tech Support" was the right place to go.
    Back and forth, email after email, with "website tech support" has gotten me nowhere. This has been ongoing for several months now, hence my displeasure. And this thread.

Back to you, Danno. I don't believe I said anything disparaging toward the admins or mods. Just that "Website Tech Support" sucks. I stand by that statement.
    My goal here was to push the issue in front of anyone who might actually be able to get something done.
    I'm sorry if I've offended you.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    So… you are posting and replying from an account that was made in 07. But you said your account was hijacked?
    I thought that was a little weird, but then I checked out your business website fusion multi sport, which is in your profile, good god man, your website is JACKED
    It reminds me of when Homer Simpson tried to make his own website.
    Maybe you are referring to your business website and not your tgr account? Either way, 20 emails to TGR is wayyyy too much effort for a username on a ski forum.
    Yes, my account was started in '07 and yes, it was hijacked this year and continues to be a problem. I could give you the specifics but frankly, who the %#$^&$*^ are you, and why do you care enough to search my profile? Honestly, I'm a little creeped out.
    And yes, that was an old website that was dropped years ago.

Is that OK with you?
    Did you have a point to make or were you just making noise?

I presume you’re going to want to post here:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/....php/6-Ask-TGR

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18BF4A68-44DC-4D45-8478-48E011249D25.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	240.4 KB 
ID:	460475

Tech Support -> Ask TGR

As if you are the only guy to ever ride a buffalo

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...0-ID-hack-!-!-!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    As if you are the only guy to ever ride a buffalo

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...0-ID-hack-!-!-!
    Ah, why'd you have to spoil it? The meltdown was entertaining.
    Montani Semper Liberi

What the fuck is Roxtar even talking about. I wish he was a Buffalo. At least he’s be mildly funny as a herd animal instead of a tedious idiot

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    What the fuck is Roxtar even talking about. I wish he was a Buffalo. At least he’s be mildly funny as a herd animal instead of a tedious idiot
    Says the guy who brings absolutely nada to the table.
    "I wish he was a Buffalo" Wow, that's some clever shit there.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    They got four more admins working on the case. They got 'em working in shifts!
    Hehe...Name:  images%20(3).jpeg
Views: 152
Size:  6.5 KB
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Says the guy who brings absolutely nada to the table.
    "I wish he was a Buffalo" Wow, that's some clever shit there.
    Whoosh!