Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    While I'm sure for some just the concept of a tranny offends, I think the head of marketing explicitly stating they chose to partner with said tranny because their customer base is a bunch of bigoted assholes was the real problem. Which, call them easily triggered if you want, but if someone calls you an asshole and a bigot you probably aren't going to be super inclined to buy their product.

Some people just want a beer and no judgement, which is 99.9% of people drinking a beer.
    Oh the horror someone called me a name, people are idiots and have to apparently go looking for things to be upset about.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

It feels like marketing 101 to not call your customers names
    Live Free or Die

99.99% of the outrage posted in MSM has been about the trans person being promoted by BL and not any comment from a marketing person.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    99.99% of the outrage posted in MSM has been about the trans person being promoted by BL and not any comment from a marketing person.
    Yea AR and MTF are trying to hide their prejudices by claiming name calling, give me a break…

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Agreed. Seems like revisionist history to now say it's all about comments by a Bud marketing exec. The boycott began after the trans person posted on Instagram.

I'm sure Bud is looking forward to you becoming a customer then! Can't be the king without subjects.
    Live Free or Die

I'm sure Bud is looking forward to you becoming a customer then! Can't be the king without subjects.
    Always have been, its my river beer of choice - I have a hard time drinking IPA all day… Not going to let Fox News decide my beverage choices.

lame. Even from you.

The irony of purchasing the boycotted product in order to defile it, while I’m sure was lost on nobody, was fucking hilarious.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Buncha Jagoffs in here somehow making a free beer PSA political.

Lol. Get a fucking life.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    <sigh>

It's a real promotion. Get some nearly beer free, if you want it.
    FIFY. Back in the day I'd be all over that if it were Michelob.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

Lol. Get a fucking life.
    What else are we going to talk about in this thread? "Get (nearly) free beer!" has been articulated in post #1.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    FIFY. Back in the day I'd be all over that if it were Michelob.
    I've always enjoyed a true Michelob, but it is hard to find in my experience, unlike the Ultra bullshit that is everywhere now and terrible.
    Live Free or Die

Yeah, do they even make Michelob anymore? I never see it.

PSA free beer (Budweiser)

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

Lol. Get a fucking life.
    Getting triggered by controversial but completely non-political comments. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yeah, do they even make Michelob anymore? I never see it.
    At the end of some particular semester, where my roommate didn’t do bad, didn’t do as great as he hoped, but about as well as expected as things played out, he grabs a twelve of Michelob at the liquor store and says “this feels like a Michelob kinda semester”

ETA context: circa 2001 in TX.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Since you guys already went there, hope those bigots are boycotting all this beer too

Name:  AB-InBev.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  190.6 KB

...or maybe they'd enjoy a nice micro?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ab_InBev_brands.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	364.3 KB 
ID:	460353

Probably not

I'd be buying some Budweiser if the rebate worked in Utah that's all I know.

Who endorses a product does influence my purchasing decisions, but not so much their sexual or gender identity. It saddens me to see Americans get so outraged over people that are different from them, and I think we'll see an uptick of hate crimes at pride events this year. And this BL boycott and the recent hate crimes at target stores are just the tip of the iceberg....

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Do they still make Miller Genuine Draft?

That and Bud Heavy were in strong rotation back in undergrad.

ETA: holy shit, looking at that picture they still make Busch Ice? Some kid in the dorms freshman year drank himself right out of school in under a semester on that stuff. Called it Ninja Juice.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    ETA: holy shit, looking at that picture they still make Busch Ice?
    Pretty crazy. I don't think I've seen an ice beer at all in about 20 years.

Apparently AB was in negotiations with iceman to endorse it, but the deal fell through when they became worried about the potential blowback.

I've always enjoyed a true Michelob, but it is hard to find in my experience, unlike the Ultra bullshit that is everywhere now and terrible.
    Michelob is good shit. There used to be a watering hole in Portland, ME on Commercial ST. called the Sail Loft and they had Michelob in bottles and on tap. Once a week they would have dollar draughts of Michelob and Schaffer dollar draughts every day. Memories.....

Quote Originally Posted by halliday View Post
    ...they had Michelob in bottles and on tap. Once a week they would have dollar draughts of Michelob and Schaffer dollar draughts every day. Memories.....
    Ah, yes. The good old days when AB beers were actually somewhat cheap. You see, folks. My own personal boycott of AB-InBev has zero, zilch, nada to do with tranny influencers or their idiotic marketing exec who wanted to make the brand "less fratty," but rather the fact that BL is not really a cheap beer anymore. For the same price or less, you can get far superior beers from a multitude of alternatives. Not to mention that the quality's gotten noticeably worse since the InBev buyout years back, when of course the first thing they did was layoff a ton of good folks at the St. Louis brewery and the rest of the AB outfits. Not that it was ever "great" beer or anything, but it really wasn't exactly bad either. Especially when I was paying >$0.50/can. Was perfectly passable river/summer beer. Anyway, that's why I personally haven't bought BL in years. It's just a waste of $ when there are SO many good options around.

But my own personal reasons aside, ya'll gotta admit that was a shockingly stupid MARKETING move to insult your "fratty" customers who absolutely do make up a significant portion of the base. That would be the (unlikely) equivalent of a marketing executive at PCC or REI being like "We need our brand to be less smelly hippy and more MAGA redneck. I know! Let's get Kid Rock to promote our brand!!!" Prolly wouldn't be the wisest marketing decision, now would it?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    I clicked on it… took me to a website for gay dudes.

Nice try Budweiser

HAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    I clicked on it… took me to a website for gay dudes.

Nice try Budweiser

You’re better than this. Aren’t you? You want to keep Adiron and Montucky as company?

Harley Davidson partnered with AB last week so better boycott them as well. Better sell those special edition Ford/Harley Davidson pickup trucks too.

Just like how Carhartt clothing was boycotted for having a workplace vax mandate….how’s that going? See any Carhartt clothing around these days?

I’d maybe not laugh at all these “we gonna cancel culture that company!” if they weren’t just attached to whatever clickbait outrage headline the media was pumping that particular week and then forgotten when the next “scandal” comes along.

And if they weren’t boycotting one brand while simultaneously supporting other brands under the same corporate umbrella. Go all in if you feel that strongly about it - it’s your right - otherwise it’s just performance art.

It’s like the same people who boycott Starbucks for not having the word “Christmas” on their holiday paper cups are who are then lining back up in the drive through by mid January just to get their sugar fix after church.

But hey - free beer is free beer. If I drank Bud Light before I’d still be drinking it now.