Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I wish I was on a river this afternoon drinking free beer.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Some of you all are really going overboard with a thread that is simply:

Free beer. Go get it if you want it.
    You new here?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I for one appreciate the heads up and will be enjoying a free bud light this afternoon on the river.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Excellent! Enjoy!

While Budweiser is not a beer I'd ever choose to buy, because I don't particularly like it, I also don't dislike it enough to pass up free Bud. An ice cold one on a hot day is as good as any other cheap lager - I can't tell the difference between it vs Coors vs Miller vs etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Budweiser and Bud Light give me massive heartburn, always have. I think it’s from their use of rice in brewing, other Japanese beers do it to me too. So even if it’s free, hard pass.

I need my beer to affirm my gender and manly lifestyle and Bud Light just doesn't do that anymore with their marketing stunts. People different than me are confusing and scary!

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post

And despite what people think this is really about, I think these so-called boycotts speak to something deeper in the spirit of it all... some semblance of control over an out of control modern Corporate world and Wall Street.
    you’re giving Kid Rock and his fans WAY too much credit. Quit trying to bend this story into something other than what it so obviously is.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    you’re giving Kid Rock and his fans WAY too much credit. Quit trying to bend this story into something other than what it so obviously is.
    Remember how I said I'm sitting off to the side just laughing at it all? How about this. Surely you'll appreciate the comedy of it all.

https://twitter.com/travisakers/stat...98066011557889

There’s a lot to unpack there.

Kid is wearing a Coors hat while drinking Bud.

Idiot

Mocking the hypocrisy is one thing. We’re both laughing at Kid Rock and his fans for that.

Trying to distort the controversy into something else (“the trans person is not the issue they are upset about!”) is also laughable - except that’s us laughing at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    Budweiser and Bud Light give me massive heartburn, always have. I think it’s from their use of rice in brewing, other Japanese beers do it to me too. So even if it’s free, hard pass.
    On a 4 hour road trip in college after a night of drinking bud I was banned from ever drinking it again. That car stunk from the worst smelling farts ever. It was my 2nd offense, both attributed to Budweiser. Can’t say I’ve ever missed drinking it.

Had dinner with a brewmaster who made a bunch of the beers by AB. He said AB would frequently send in quality management inspectors in to monitor the brewing of Budweiser beer specifically - he said they paid extra attention to making sure that beer was consistent in flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    Same here. I'll still drink it if it's free, but yeah...

Didn't realize it was the rice, though. That eliminates a lot of cheap beers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Same here. I'll still drink it if it's free, but yeah...

Didn't realize it was the rice, though. That eliminates a lot of cheap beers.
    Maybe not that many. Most American brewers use corn as an adjunct rather than rice.

I read an article on the topic that I feel rings true. The drop off in sales is not just attributed to the Kid Rock MAGA ding dongs but more to folks not wanting to make a political statement one way or the other about their beer. Instead of inviting comments pro or con by carrying home a sixer of BL, they grab another pisswater beer (conveniently located on the next shelf in the cooler) and skip the whole thing all together. It's not like BL is a unique product in the marketplace, there are plenty of shitty substitutes to choose from. Why invite controversy if you don't have to?
    Montani Semper Liberi

Part of its gotta be price fatigue. the premium pricing of Budweiser & Bud Light has gotten insane under ABInBev, and makes zero sense unless it’s sone venue where you have no choice if you want a beer

Yeah, we really needed to make what brand of beer you drink into a political statement. So fucking stupid.

A 30 rack runs for $21-24 at my local convenience store depending on the day. That is pretty cheap all in all. Pricing is pretty consistent across all the domestics around me at least, for as mentioned above, the competition is easily accessible in the next cooler over.

And the entire point (at least mine) is Bud made their beer into a political statement, not the consumer. They made their bed and their customers responded.
    Live Free or Die

Bud Light tried a niche marketing video on TikTok that was never meant to go very far, and didn’t, until a bunch of butthurt outrage farmers championed it. Mouthbreathing cretins - most of whom would never touch a fucking bud light because they are urban yuppie wine drinkers made it a thing. Just the dumbest of dumbfucks screeching about “woke”

Hamms is 30/$16, Bud is 24/$23. At 6-pack or 12-pack level Bud/Bud light is within $1-2 of craft beer.

Can someone start a movement to bring back the squatty Heineken bottles, or failing that, just the regular not-slim cans?

Cause that’d be great.

As an urban yuppie wine drinker, I don't touch BL precisely because Hamm's exists as a superior product at a lower price point.

I also don't know a single urban yuppie wine drinker (and I live in prime UYWD territory in NW Denver) who doesn't also have a cheap beer of choice for stocking their pack rafts, YETI coolers, e-cargo bike panniers. But it's never BL, it's Montuckys, or Hamms, or Coors Banquet.

That said -- thanks for the coupon. BL in my fridge means free plants from the gardener neighbor who loves that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Bud Light tried a niche marketing video on TikTok that was never meant to go very far.
    Wut? You mean they didn't buy a Superbowl ad that said "Hope you like drinking our beer because you're trans now... like this person. Suck it haters!". Followed by a year long, marketing blitz.

You're telling me AB just did a micro outreach marketing campaign that didn't even get off the ground before some faux outrage, victimhood took over b/c they didn't hate on the same ppl they did & wanted them to purchase their product?

Anyway - take that free beer if you are so inclined and your rice farts don't offend too many close friends. It's what jesus would want.

Shit beer gives you shits.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    And the entire point (at least mine) is Bud made their beer into a political statement, not the consumer. They made their bed and their customers responded.
    Nope, they simply used a human being to endorse their product. That's not political.

Maybe they need to bring back Spuds McKenzie. Everyone likes dogs.