Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I like Budweiser.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

A cold Bud bottle on a hot day is good.

after my beer league hockey it’s all bud products in the dressing rooms.

I’d say there’s gonna be conflicted players in there next season but that’s still 6 months away so this will all have long passed by then and some other product will be the boycott de jour

I'm guessing bud can't just hit the brake pedal and slow their production down dramatically in a short amount of time. Think of a cruise ship coming to a stop, it takes a moment. Same with bud production. There's a lot of moving pieces that have to be adjusted to slow that multibillion dollar brand down by almost 30%. Figure that, in most markets, bud writes a credit to retailers who don't sell all their product before it gets past its expiration date. So, you're a bud exec and faced with a whole bunch of soon to be expired product that you're gonna have (pay some folks) to pick up, dispose of, and then reship new stuff (for free). You've gotta (pay some folks) to write credits to the distributors so they can (pay some folks) to write credits to the individual retailers. Or, you just pump the brakes hard on production and start an advertising campaign to give away the excess until you've got production aligned with demand. At least then you're not stuck paying everyone to throw your excess product in the dumpster so that the local dumpster divers can (attempt to) return their ill-gotten gains for a profit.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

So all these “frat” people are posting about a boycott of Bud Light? Do you really think they are not buying AB products in real life? I’d bet this has no real impact.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sales of bud light were down 29.5 percent for the week ending May 20th.

This is a multi billion dollar industry. They track this shit to the penny.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I like Budweiser.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    I like lamp.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    A cold Bud bottle on a hot day is good.
    Back when I laid my own stripes in the lawn and spread my own mulch, there was nothing better than cracking that Bud heavy longneck from the ice bath it had been sitting in for hours on a hot summer day.
    I still call it The Jake.

Cross posting from the things that amuse you thread:

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Team maga planning to sue Budweiser for tanking it's stock price, causing financial losses. Wasn't it team maga who called for the boycotts that caused sales to drop....and the stock price tanking? LOL

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...5ca4ff8&ei=234
    Now I'm amused lol

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Leave it to AR to always be a fucking asshole in threads like this. You continue to be a piece of shit in TRGland.

What, not a Michelob guy?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Back when I laid my own stripes in the lawn and spread my own mulch, there was nothing better than cracking that Bud heavy longneck from the ice bath it had been sitting in for hours on a hot summer day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I'm guessing bud can't just hit the brake pedal and slow their production down dramatically in a short amount of time. Think of a cruise ship coming to a stop, it takes a moment. Same with bud production. There's a lot of moving pieces that have to be adjusted to slow that multibillion dollar brand down by almost 30%. Figure that, in most markets, bud writes a credit to retailers who don't sell all their product before it gets past its expiration date. So, you're a bud exec and faced with a whole bunch of soon to be expired product that you're gonna have (pay some folks) to pick up, dispose of, and then reship new stuff (for free). You've gotta (pay some folks) to write credits to the distributors so they can (pay some folks) to write credits to the individual retailers. Or, you just pump the brakes hard on production and start an advertising campaign to give away the excess until you've got production aligned with demand. At least then you're not stuck paying everyone to throw your excess product in the dumpster so that the local dumpster divers can (attempt to) return their ill-gotten gains for a profit.
    Yep, money talks. Free beer is hard to pass by. This will at least bump their sales temporarily to clear some aging product.

and all the bud light in brewery vats can just be put in cans and bottles with Busch light or Schlitz Gay or whatever else tastes pretty much the same

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    I’ll pick some up for the 4th cause Merica. But these days if I’m doing yardwork it’s Pacifico longnecks for sure.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    and all the bud light in brewery vats can just be put in cans and bottles with Busch light or Schlitz Gay or whatever else tastes pretty much the same
    I'd promote you to upper management immediately for this type of thinking. You got a future in this company, kid.

Wait. You mean to tell me BL has an expiration date??

GTFO with that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

PSA free beer (Budweiser)

While I believe this will all blow over the AB InBev SA/NV execs, somewhere in Belgium, are shitting bricks about their stock price.

Name:  Image1685542675.597232.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  69.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    While I believe this will all blow over the AB InBev SA/NV execs, somewhere in Belgium, are shitting bricks about their stock.
    Oh, you just KNOW heads have been rolling and people in the marketing department have been getting screamed at over there.

And despite what people think this is really about, I think these so-called boycotts speak to something deeper in the spirit of it all... some semblance of control over an out of control modern Corporate world and Wall Street. It's the same spirit that made the internet go crazy with the whole GameStop and AMC stock thing. People combined to absolute fuck over the almighty traders who thought they'd be slick by short-selling those stocks to hell. Sure, maybe SOME people were cranky about trans influencers, but at this point it's all snowballed so much that I think more people are piling on for teh lulz to see if they can collectively sink a company more obsessed with ESG scores than the actual product they should be focusing on selling.

Whatever happened to the spirit of the Occupy Wall Street crowd? You'd think those who were in support of THAT movement would see the hilarity in stuff like this and the whole Reddit WallStreetBets "Stonks" movement. But instead we have people actually defending these behemoth corporations? Who cares about a bunch of uber wealthy AB InBev execs? Screw 'em. They knew what they were doing. They made their beds. So no matter what side of the fence you're on, just kick back and watch the world burn down around us. Perhaps sipping on some free Budweiser.

Some of you all are really going overboard with a thread that is simply:

Free beer. Go get it if you want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

This is why America can’t have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

I for one appreciate the heads up and will be enjoying a free bud light this afternoon on the river.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

If I were AB InBev, I would quickly change the labeling on the Budlite brand. Get clever and give it a gender neutral name, like Pat's Beer.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...-party/3505906
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch