Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Tour de France 2023 (spoilers welcome.. watch the fkn race)

Just wrapping up a great Giro, with Primoz Roglic stealing the win from Geraint Thomas in a Stage 20 mountain time trial.

Thibout Pinot locked in an early lead in the Maglia Azzurra and held it, and the Manx Missile is still holding on to his career including crossing the finish on his hip for a 4th in Stage 5 (watch it if you missed it).

We are only a month or so out from the Grand Depart, so let's get the conversation rolling!

https://www.letour.fr/en/overall-route

Can we talk about Cav winning in Rome with the help of his old buddy G? Brought a tear to my eye and I don't even like Cav.

I have to agree. Never been a huge fan, but happy to see him finish his last Giro with a W, and how great to have the #2 leading him out.

Couple of other quick takeaways:

Derek Gee, from Ottowa. Wow, somehow was never on my radar before this year. Aggressive throughout the race and really impressed me, kid is going somewhere.

I've been a Pinot fan since his grand tour debut; his hesitant descending has always hurt him in GC races, but was pleased to see the dominance in climbing for the KOM win.

Finally, seems like Kuss is the best American GC rider we've seen since Van Garderen. Tejay had a habit of starting strong but not being able to finish a long race. I wonder if Sepp can pull it off and bring back a winners jersey to the US? Will be tough behind Roglic, but one can always dream...

Kuss will be riding support for Vingagaard in TdF, so little chance of him in yellow in Paris.
    He’s also not yet good enough in ITT to win a Grand Tour.
    van Aert is a much more likely backup plan for Jumbo Visma if Vingagaard falters.

Team Psylocybe will be in the mix for 2023, although I am getting tired of funding Ms Hubbs’ equipment purchases…

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I have to agree. Never been a huge fan, but happy to see him finish his last Giro with a W, and how great to have the #2 leading him out.

Couple of other quick takeaways:

Derek Gee, from Ottowa. Wow, somehow was never on my radar before this year. Aggressive throughout the race and really impressed me, kid is going somewhere.

I've been a Pinot fan since his grand tour debut; his hesitant descending has always hurt him in GC races, but was pleased to see the dominance in climbing for the KOM win.

Finally, seems like Kuss is the best American GC rider we've seen since Van Garderen. Tejay had a habit of starting strong but not being able to finish a long race. I wonder if Sepp can pull it off and bring back a winners jersey to the US? Will be tough behind Roglic, but one can always dream...
    Oh snap! Hometown hero to cheer for!

(*Ottawa)

Hell yeah, the tour sneaks up on my every year right about the time I need it most. Let's go!

Hope IGR send Sheffield!

Also, TdF series on Netflix comes out soon.

Tour de France 2023 (spoilers welcome.. watch the fkn race)

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Holding for Fantasy purposes..
    You mean holding Mrs Dee Hubbs’ money

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Although I am getting tired of funding Ms Hubbs’ equipment purchases…
    Somebody needs to buy those XTR derailleurs…

Terrible Teddy has been back on his bike, is there any outside hope/chance he rides in the Tour yet? If not for the win but just to steal a few stages from the others?

The Dauphine is on and is streaming daily on Peacock for anyone who's subscribed.

YouTubes have decent highlight reels if you can't watch the full thing:

Drama on Day 2:

Today:

Tour de France:Unchained is out now on Netflix!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Last episode. I mean we all know Wout is a beast, but just wow.

Overall it's good! Obviously parts are manufactured to add drama, but it definitely hits the mark. I don't think it's gonna bring non-cycling fans to the sport though. The sport is still so nuanced, that the important parts will go right past the average viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    mrsbean and I watched the first episode last night, really enjoyed it. She's much less in to watching bike racing than I am and was really getting into it.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    The sport is still so nuanced, that the important parts will go right past the average viewer.
    Yeah, I'm kinda surprised they didn't dumb it down more

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    mrsbean and I watched the first episode last night, really enjoyed it. She's much less in to watching bike racing than I am and was really getting into it.
    I am home alone for a few days, I turned it on and boom....4 episode's later. Even though I know the results, the behind the scenes cameras in the cars and bus's are a awesome look into the TDF strategy. Plus, its nice to get a glimpse into the riders life off the bikes.

I get a kick out of the coaches in the cars and on the radios. All they seem to do is yell Go, Go!

I liked when Bob Jungels was like... they were damaging my hearing wtf

And a LOT of FUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone needing Peacock to watch Le Tour, they're running a $19.99 deal for the first year ($49.99 regular cost) until June 12.

Just a heads up on this year's fantasy league...I'll be out of pocket for a while in July so Dee has kindly agreed to set up the game this year.

Sent from my KFSUWI using TGR Forums mobile app
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    For anyone needing Peacock to watch Le Tour, they're running a $19.99 deal for the first year ($49.99 regular cost) until June 12.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Stupid fucking name.

The French title translates to “TdF: in the heart of the Peloton”.

Entertaining series, production is reminiscent of F1: drive to survive (better title.)

Dauphine is done, with Vingegaard showing his dominance on the way to Le Tour.

Last step is the Tour de Suisse, with local Stefan Kung winning the opening ITT today.

Teams are finalizing their rosters , making cuts and judging performance and health. Love this time of year for pro cycling.

I so so so want Magnus to get the nod for the tour, but with no prologue TT, he'd be better off going to the Vuelta where there is one.

Awful news coming out of the Tour of Switzerland, Gino Mader died from the injuries he sustained in that crash on stage five.
    crab in my shoe mouth