Frameless curious? Modase 40L

*****Gone.***** Any known mags downsizing their backpack kit wanna try out a cheap 40L.

I’m really only listing it here because I guess they quit making it otherwise I’d just say go get yer own cuz it’s only 25 bucks. That said, I no longer see anything near this price range that I like as much for weekend UL type backpacking especially if you want to try frameless to see if you like it and maybe give it back once you upgrade.

It is a cheap ass pack but people have completed confirmed the AZT and confirmed 1000 miles on the AT before the lady switched pack but not because of failure or discomfort.

ETA: prolly best fits 5’7 to 5’11 (edit I just tried it on again and I prolly Say more like 5’6” to 5,10” at best, my torso is 18” IIRC and it’s right on top of my iliac.) if you want to use the hip belt. I could entertain the idea of cutting it off or whatever other mods you might wanna do. ETA weight approx 16oz.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 05-27-2023 at 12:00 PM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

post pack pic please por favor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4002.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	459981

Name:	IMG_4001.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	459982

Name:	IMG_3999.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	459983

It’s pretty basic and doesn’t have a back pocket. Hip pockets maybe .75L. Cut the belt down to maybe 38” only Houdini could get bottles out the side pockets so I added a “holder” on the strap.

People also aren’t fond of the zero padding on the straps but I didn’t bug me for my short trips.

That blue pad is just in there, the old Ozark trail “old blue” I’d use that or a section of ridgerest in there and you can have a sit pad at camp.

Not quite pictured is four grosgrain loops on top of the brain where one could add shock cord to strap a zlite or something to the top, a bear can would be a challenge.

I talked to a guy who cut off the brain and added a 6” collar, which, honestly, the brain is kinda bad, if you forget to zip it everything immediately spills when you flip it so, ya know, ditching it prolly saves an ounce or more. Oh forgot, weighs 16oz.

Also it’s hydrophilic as fuck so always use a pack liner and it’s 16oz dry lol.

My personal comfort limit would be about 20-22 lbs total weight, but around 15 and it’s pretty money.

I cut out the self packing pocket but left the hydration sleeve.

Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 05-25-2023 at 12:15 PM.

Bump to clarify that this is free/loan to any known mag who wants it. Sorry, 25 was the msrp lol.

Where are you located? I’m wary of the lack of strap pads but the price is right lol

Colorado. Longmont specifically. I think it’ll fold up pretty good into a cheap flat rate box unless you want the foam piece. Yea, the lack of padding is a bitch and will be a reason to move on to something nicer if it’s working for you otherwise. For under 20 lbs or so, it spread the load OK, it’s not like a piece of mason twine digging in or something but yeah it ain’t awesome. I still preferred it to a full frame pack for the overall weight savings when I could.

Bump for I also have a tent I used with this pack a lot. It is in great shape it’s not terribly light but it fit with all my other gear for overnights. Big Agnes Seedhouse Classic 2P. It’s quirky but solid. It’s around 3 lbs IIRC. It’s worth more than shipping. But probably not much.

I sent you a PM. Frameless curious after hiking Colorado Trail with my Gossamer mariposa 60 last summer. seems so uncomfortable but lots of people suggested i give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Bump for I also have a tent I used with this pack a lot. It is in great shape it’s not terribly light but it fit with all my other gear for overnights. Big Agnes Seedhouse Classic 2P. It’s quirky but solid. It’s around 3 lbs IIRC. It’s worth more than shipping. But probably not much.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

If I was in CO, I’d give both a try but I’ll pass and save you the shipping logistics lol

All items spoken for.