Crinkle- 2,612
    Superstar Punani 2,605
    The Reverend Floater 2,541
    CantDog 2,464
    iskibc 2,424
    Summit 2,396
    CaddyDaddy77 2,361
    13 2,305
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

pad

sphinx = #239

better sneak another couple pads in
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

These threads have come up a couple of times before. In the past, the person who started the thread was essentially pulling a little passive-aggressive self-justification move, trying to make themselves feel better by pointing out the people who have posted even more than them, as if to say, "Well I waste a lot of time here, but look, there are people even worse than me!".

Never mind that the people with high post counts often have something to justify that count, whether it be humor or insight or whatever ("whatever" is a broad term), and the person who started the thread generally has a lower post count mainly because he doesn't have shit to say.

But I'm positive that's not the case here, is it laser?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    But I'm positive that's not the case here, is it laser?

I remember the days when iceman used to be at the top of these lists. Whatever happened to those good old days...

I'm on the chart!
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

...and oh, by the way, this is post number 1300 for me in almost 4 years. My profile says 0.94 posts per day. Not even one post per day and I already feel like I waste entirely too much time here! Hope my boss doesn't find out. Oh yeah...DOH...I'm self-employed now.

Endless, you waste way too much time here. I am shocked at your post count, shocked.

It's not me. I don't waste that much time here. Someone else must be posting under my name.

It's threads like this where I have to use the most self-restraint.
    Being jealous that others have contributed more than you? Weak sauce.
    Funny how a shortage of posts makes the Laser insecure.
    Funny you got so pathetic about it that you posted this:http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=779
    Ice hit the nail on the head with a sledgehammer...and I'd pWn all you beeeatches if I hadn't gotten banned. .......or something....

Never mind that the people with high post counts often have something to justify that count, whether it be humor or insight or whatever ("whatever" is a broad term), and the person who started the thread generally has a lower post count mainly because he doesn't have shit to say.
    Tel mel that with a straightface while you explain why akpm is #4?
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

How did '2,305' get on this list with only 13 posts?

Whatever makes the iceman feel better, right?

These guys are in some office cubical bored out of their wits, that's
    why they post so much. Plus they think they know something.

Quote Originally Posted by kailas
    These guys are in some office cubical bored out of their wits, that's
    why they post so much. Plus they think they know something.
    I don't know shit, and I truly am bored out of my wits at work.

And I also obsessively think about the 05/06 season, and this is one place to think about it.

I'm all gimp all the time. Not even Blurred can deny my status.
    Last edited by truth; 09-18-2005 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy
    Tel mel that with a straightface while you explain why akpm is #4?
    heh bb, AKPM's why I put that part about "whatever' in there. Patrick definitely contributes something, I'm just not quite sure exactly what it is.

These threads have come up a couple of times before. In the past, the person who started the thread was essentially pulling a little passive-aggressive self-justification move, trying to make themselves feel better by pointing out the people who have posted even more than them, as if to say, "Well I waste a lot of time here, but look, there are people even worse than me!".
    You talkin' to me??
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9611

And here's how my imitation began of what (I believe) ACE started years ago on the old board:

04-05-2004, 08:33 PM
    Dexter Rutecki
    whatever... Join Date: Apr 2002

TGR freetime awards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this used to be ACE's job, but since he seems to have a real job that is time consuming these days...

In tenth place, our bitter little fruit that you just can't get enough of (and whose number of skiing related posts in being closely monitored by someone), Kumquat.

Ninth place, with 1382 posts, keeping his buzz on through over 1000 posts, Mr. worthy, first name Buzz.

Eighth place is held by the guy you love to hate (or just plain hate), with 1416 posts the hugeairdog himself, Blurred Elevens (probably in first place in number of people ignoring him, though).

Is a limey a relative of a kumquat? Well, we've got one in seventh place, with a solid 1522 posts--probably responsible for more liquid being spit onto monitors than anyone else here. Props to England's only Kirkwood season pass holder.

Splatrick Kenoreno is our sixth place honoree, official photographer, liason to Powder Magazine, magette recruiter, keeper of Otis the Dog, etc. etc. etc., with a solid 1571 posts.

Our top posting Jersey Boy (and resident of assorted Western States and states of mind) comes in at fifth place with 1586 posts (under this particular alias, anyway). He still calls himself Pinner, but I've heard tell that he fixes the heels these days...

1588 posts earns ak_powder_monkey fourth place--what can I say about him that hasn't been said on the board? If his posts lack something in quality, he's doing a good job at keeping up with the quantity.

And now, for our top three...[drum roll and sound of screaming sheep being tortured by LS9000s]

Number three: the jibber of jabba, the sultan of stomp, the shizzle for your nizzle and funkiest funkdafied phUnk we know...skiing is his life, with 1746 posts.

Number two: he thinks he can debunk you and anyone else around here, and he might just be right. Pushing two thousand posts (1949), with a screen name that means nothing to the Bush administration, Truth.

And finally, our winner is (this is too predictable):
    iceman. Over 200 posts margin beyond his closest competitor, 2197 posts is testament to how bored the board master is. Known for his vitriol, humor, spirited take-downs of those who need to be taken down, he is officially the most prolific minion. Kudos!

So, there you have it. Congrats to our top 10, let's see those of you who haven't made the list step it up and break into the ranks of these elites (c'mon Buster, I know you've still got it).

Signing off from 15th(?) place, your temporary MC, Dexter R.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki
    hem, hrm, um, no. Threads that single me out for kudos are inherently okay, duh. There were some other threads that had a much more negative spin on the whole thing, although I can't find them. Water under the bridge anyway. But you'd better get typing Mr. Rutecki, you're getting left in the dust here!

Yeah, I should get typing, but the board is probably not where I should be doing it.
    I'm falling behind here too, though. Story of my life; I always start so full of promise, and then...
    [quote][//quote]

I am contributing......to my post count.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

"There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

I figure only about 1799 of my posts are worthless,

that leaves about 7 that might not be worthless but I'm waitng for a call from the Referee

Ogre is offline I don't like...nNNERRRDS!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal
    I figure only about 1799 of my posts are worthless,

that leaves about 7 that might not be worthless but I'm waitng for a call from the Referee
    ffFFFFFUCKING nnNNNNERRRRRRRDDDDDD!!!
    NO NERDS! NO NERDS! NO NERDS! NO NERDS!