Thread: Garden 2023

Garden 2023

Been enjoying rhubarb pie and some herbs too. Garlic, raspberries and asparagus are coming nicely. Peach trees look sickly and we have a fungus in the cedars that spends second half of life in apple trees show up. Seeds are going in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! No deer/varmint fencing needed?

I’ve been drafted to install 300’ of deer fencing for my wife’s garden. Just got the irrigation drip hose system back together for the season. Weather looks favorable for the coming stretch.

Turkeys know wife carries a 410 and best to stay away. Rabbits are up the street but we don’t have problems. Deer seem to be staying away more with the new dog, but soon the electric fence goes up along with other measures (lights, radio, human hair in nylons on a stick). Last year I didn’t fence the potato crop across the street and they chewed those which was a first.

Thanks I actually did a search ha! and scrolled back a few pages and didn’t see it

We've started ours a couple weeks ago. Things are tiny but sprouting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	459880

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	459881

^^ Cool yard dude.

Duplicate threads are interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Turkeys know wife carries a 410 and best to stay away. Rabbits are up the street but we don’t have problems. Deer seem to be staying away more with the new dog, but soon the electric fence goes up along with other measures (lights, radio, human hair in nylons on a stick). Last year I didn’t fence the potato crop across the street and they chewed those which was a first.
    Our potatoes in colorado never get eaten. Green parts of the nightshade family are toxic to most.