Mt Hood Summer Ski Camp - RV Camping

Can anyone help me out with the RV camping situation at Hood/Timberline? Not much info on the site, looks like it's all good over at Meadows though. My kid (11) is doing his first summer race camp up there mid June and I'm camping nearby for support. I'm planning to ride bikes as much as possible - and maybe do some skiing as well. So easy trail access would be nice too.

Mostly looking for info on:
    -Is it competitive to find a spot to park/camp?
    -I have bathroom in the trailer but facilities are nice if they're open so I don't fill the tanks too quickly.
    -What is cellular service like? I'm on Verizon. Need to find a way to work during the day.
    -If anyone wants to ski/bike/fish hit me up!

Thanks - Particle
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

My knowledge is 20 years old. RVs do park overnight in the lot by the Timberline lodge. It can get windy. There's also the Trillium Lake forest rec sites off Hwy 26.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    What is cellular service like? I'm on Verizon. Need to find a way to work during the day.
    Verizon works pretty well in Tline & MHM main lots; you should be fine. [MHM's HRM lot is a black hole for cell coverage tho]
    [i am unaware of their overnight policies, but i'm sure the respective websites have something on them]

if you don't mind paying for lift served, Tline has bike trails

ski bowl's web site appears to be mute on MTB'ing currently so afaict they won't be doing lift served this year (they got sued and closed during 2022 and it appears they are staying closed for MTB)

Sandy Ridge is west down the hill about 15mins
    https://www.blm.gov/programs/recreat...ike/sandyridge

Stay at the FS Alpine campground.
    A mile below the parking lot and time spent there cannot be deducted from one's life.
    Scheduled to open June 6.
    You're welcome.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Stay at the FS Alpine campground.
    A mile below the parking lot and time spent there cannot be deducted from one's life.
    Scheduled to open June 6.
    You're welcome.
    Thanks bud, sadly Alpine says tents only. There's a chance I'll just ditch the trailer and use the GFC on my truck though, so will do this if so.

Great MTB trails can be found 30? miles east of Govie on NF road 44 off Hwy 35.
    Fivemile, Eightmile, Fifteenmile creeks, Kneibel, Dog River, Surveyors Ridge, plus several others that don’t immediately come to mind.

Should be riding very well mid June

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Great MTB trails can be found 30? miles east of Govie on NF road 44 off Hwy 35.
    Fivemile, Eightmile, Fifteenmile creeks, Kneibel, Dog River, Surveyors Ridge, plus several others that don’t immediately come to mind.

Should be riding very well mid June
    Sick, thx for beta. Reserved a weekday site near Govy, should make day trips easy.

There is a very wide shoulder on both sides of the road in Govy.

I will be camped out in an Airstream for the same thing as you June 25-30. Stop in and ask for change.

Biggest problem with RV on Hood is there are no dumps anywhere; closest in the west side is Boring. There is a public restroom in Govy though.

Lots of fullhookup sights are Mt. Hood Village in Welches. That’s our winter spot and a very quick drive up.

Verizon is strong. Head to Charlie’s for WiFi, burgers, and pints.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Thanks Hood26 - will do

The Sandy Ridge network 18 miles down the west side from Govy is pretty awesome too.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air