Editing posts delete them

It seems like the last few days, every time I try to edit a post I just made, to fix a typo, etc, the post gets deleted. I just touch in the message text field and poof, the post is deleted. Anyone else have this problem? I’m using metro mobile B&W on an iPhone.

Not that I expect this to get fixed any time soon, but thought I should report it. I’ll probably just stop editing posts for now and leave my typos for all to see.

Test 123
    Working ok on mobile web browser

It happens all the time for me on mobile safari as well.

This is still happening…

Admin will smack your pee pee.
    watch out for snakes

Dang, this just happened to me. Tried to edit on mobile and the thread was deleted... Anyone know if a Admin can restore?

The lotus one? I think I restored it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The lotus one? I think I restored it.
    Thank you! Good 2 go!

I keep forgetting this is a thing, and then it happens to me again, haha. Not sure if it's isolated to mobile use, but I am posting this mostly as a reminder to myself.

How is this still happening???

Maybe because it's hard to replicate? I just edited 3 different posts from my android phone and none got deleted. I did one in Chrome, one in Tapatalk, and one in the TGR app. All worked as normal.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Maybe because it's hard to replicate? I just edited 3 different posts from my android phone and none got deleted. I did one in Chrome, one in Tapatalk, and one in the TGR app. All worked as normal.
    It happens consistently for me on my iPhone using Safari when using the Metro Mobile Black & White theme.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    It happens consistently for me on my iPhone using Safari when using the Metro Mobile Black & White theme.
    Yeah, it seems to be a metro mobile B&W issue, maybe also coupled with iPhone safari. If I really need to edit something, I can open the full site and editing works fine there. But mostly I just don’t care about spelling typos anymore.

my first thought

If it only occurs on one type of phone using one specific browser and theme, just use a different one. If it is occurring across platforms/themes/browsers, that's obviously a bigger problem. We only command so much of the mothership's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Yeah, it seems to be a metro mobile B&W issue, maybe also coupled with iPhone safari. If I really need to edit something, I can open the full site and editing works fine there. But mostly I just don’t care about spelling typos anymore.
    Exact same for me. Metro mobile B&W in iOS Safari--it is like the delete button overlay is wrong, so when you try to edit the post, anything you do ends up clicking the "delete" button instead.

At the bottom of the screen on the left, there should be a drop down box with a bunch of style/theme choices.

I have no idea if others work better, but in the thread I linked metro mobile b&w on safari seemed to be the common theme.
    Quoting you from the other thread - I don’t see what you mean at the bottom of the screen as a menu

See screen shot below:

Maybe you have to go "full site" first?

Ok yeah - switched to full site and this is what comes up

It has me at New TGR Blue (on the full site)

If I hit the drop down menu it shows this:

showing that I’m currently at that style.

If I select TGR Mobile it flips to this:

Which weirdly has everything shifted to the right - even if I go into a forum.

Versus when I pick Metro B+W it has it like this:

Not expecting miracles or changes here. I just go into Tapatalk anytime I need to edit a post I’ve made in safari. I also go to Tapatalk anytime I need to post a picture. On the list of things that annoy me in life the inability to edit posts in safari without them disappearing is at the bottom of the list

yeah, sorry, I got nothing.