Thread: The Mother

The Mother

Dropped on Netflix last night, a somewhat forgetable bad guy covert shoot em up flick with J-lo

but they shot all the winter action stuff (probably the last 30min) localy and so in small town BC they bring in 150 film people who gota eat/ sleep/ drink for 3 or 4 weeks , its all good money AND its all new money for the local economy

The movie bidness seem to like us cuz as locations go there is reliable snow only 20 min from town at the end of a good road, close to a regional airport, only 13 hrs to the big city, friendly locals many of whom are employable but don't seem to work much and then of course that favorable Canuck buck ( 73 cents actualy )

So this is the 4th or 5th film production shot locally & hopefully we get some more of that money

AND no body actualy seen J-lo on main street or anywhere
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-13-2023 at 01:43 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Watched this last night. One of the single worst movies I've ever seen. From wolves having Akita puppies to JLo's abysmal acting, it's got it all.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

well I did warn you

only the winter scenes were local,

I met some of the sled guys at the gym and they were mtn bikers from the north shore

the bars/ restaurants/ contracters all made bank , I asked a server at the craft brew how many movie people on a saturday afternoon and she said it was 75%

I worked on a TV production last month, 200 $ a day to drive a beer truck around with spare camera gear

I worked on a clean up for " the grey " and the production supervisor who was also supervising the clean up said

"its all shit every movie I've ever worked on "

Cheesy like Costner and Houston’s Bodyguard movie.

According to a press release from the streamer, “The Mother” charted the No. 1 opening weekend of any Netflix film released in 2023, with 83.71M hours viewed. In addition, Netflix revealed that the film racked up 43 million views, and hit No. 1 in 82 different countries.

So what do we know, sounds like the J-lo know how to shake her money maker eh ?

doing cleanup with on " The Grey " a truly bad movie that i blew off actualy being in to ski Rogers pass, Dom the producer was about to retire he told me every movie he ever worked on was bad

except for " The battle in Seattle" so I would like to see that one