Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer123 View Post
    My wife and I found crossing the street for lord of the squirrels to be super worthwhile. The shorter version of the loop without add-ons is about 18-20, but the climbing trail is pretty smooth for a lot of it (but still a grind). The alpine views, beautiful lakes, and fun but friendly downhill made for a very special day in the mountains and a worthwhile diversion from downhilling and slabs in squamish we thought.
    Thanks for the beta here. Riding Trans BC in June and we'll be sticking around Whis for a few days afterwards. Would love to hit Lord of the Squirrels, doubting that will be snow-free by third week of June though?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post
    Thanks for the beta here. Riding Trans BC in June and we'll be sticking around Whis for a few days afterwards. Would love to hit Lord of the Squirrels, doubting that will be snow-free by third week of June though?
    That would be pretty early if it happened

just a PSA for out of towners this summer who might be used to our fairly docile black bears...Grizzlies have become more frequent visitors to the valley this spring, although one from the village was tranq'd and relocated Sunday, wife got a nice look at it on the fairway as the half marathon ran by it early in the race and said it was quite the sight! Another bigger male was seen right in the heart of westside trails too on Friday so play smart this summer!

Bumping this one up to get some info on current conditions. Have until the end of the month off, so I'm thinking about heading back up to BC to get some riding in. Sounds like the trails are a bit dry up there, but I'd imagine it's still not the rim deep moondust that we get here in Tahoe. Any issues with smoke from wildfires this summer?

Also looking for some campground recommendations. I stayed at the MTN Fun Basecamp back in May, but it looks like they are booked up on some of the nights I'm hoping to be in the area.