Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Secure Hotel in Vegas

I’m overnighting in Vegas on my move down to Southern California. I’ve got an enclosed U-Haul trailer and a truck bed (which I’m thinking of emptying out at night). Nothing is super valuable but U-Hauls attract attention and my friend just got his stuff stollen out of his truck in a locked and surveillance parking lot. Recommendations for a good hotel or low crime area to stop in for a quick overnight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stop before or after but not invegas ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Are we sure this isn't some undercover spy shit? Kinda sounds like spy shit.

Which way are you coming in? If you are coming via the southern route, just stop in Boulder City. It's got the lowest crime rate in the state. I live there and leave stuff in my car all the time. Heck, I don't even lock my car half the time.

Edit: If you're coming via Utah rather than AZ, it would add 22 minutes to the full trip to go to Boulder City on your way. If you're paranoid, 10 minutes each day probably wouldn't be too bad and if you're carrying mountain bikes, it's got good riding!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    stop before or after but not invegas ?
    Overnight at the Bunny Ranch?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Overnight at the Bunny Ranch?
    I could understand not wanting people to find the dead hookers in the u-haul, good advanced planning on the OP's part.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Area 51. Pull up just outside the fence, the US gov't secures it for you.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Red Rock Resort

Put a big "LIVE SNAKES" sign on the trailer

I actually have the exact same question - I'm going on a MTB road trip and will have a lot of shit packed in my vehicle.

I'd really like to spend a night in Vegas and check out the scene since I've never been, but I'd be extremely worried about getting all of my shit stolen.

I read someone say that valet parking at a nice hotel may be the most safe.

Any recommendations for SECURE overnight in downtown Vegas zone? And hotel?

we had 15 bikes all of them were hi end so we brought them in the rooms at the Luxor, they didnt seem to mind if we walked them but if you ride them in the hotel the voice in the sky will reign down on you

Who told you dead hookers aren’t valuable ?

Peachy, if you're wanting to stay in a hotel, the Red Rock recommendation earlier is solid. It's in a good, newer developed, area and frequented by locals. But it's a bit of a drive from I-15, although 215 loop helps.

Far from both the Strip and Fremont Street.

Safe travels!

So, are you moving to San Diego area? I forget (old-age dementia). I can set you up with trail running friends who'll show you around the local dirt-running spots.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Camping in Vegas with my family was sketchy. People camped right next to us got two mountain bikes ripped off, right off the rack. Supposedly secure RV campground with a perimeter wall and security guard. I dunno, maybe try to overnight elsewhere. Hotels might be more secure but that place is rife with professional thieves IMO.

The amount of stories over the years of people getting their bikes ripped off from an overnight stay in Vegas is more than enough to warrant a response of “don’t fucking stay overnight there with stuff”.

If not too hot, I would probably just camp a few miles from the highway on some of the public land hour north of Vegas. Or motel north of Vegas. But I hate Vegas.

Make sure not to do Vegas to SD drive on Sunday or after any big event. Traffic can be horrendous.

TRG responses are the best.

GLW dead hooker transport.
    I still call it The Jake.

I'm telling you guys, if you're bringing mountain bikes to Vegas, stay in Boulder City. Way, way less theft and pedal to the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    I actually have the exact same question - I'm going on a MTB road trip and will have a lot of shit packed in my vehicle.

I'd really like to spend a night in Vegas and check out the scene since I've never been, but I'd be extremely worried about getting all of my shit stolen.

I read someone say that valet parking at a nice hotel may be the most safe.

Any recommendations for SECURE overnight in downtown Vegas zone? And hotel?
    yes you should be worried, even in a valet lot of a budget strip motel. I'd say check in a nice hotel on the strip and unload everything in the car and give it to the bellhops. Tell them you don't want it in your room, they can store it overnight. The tip you give them for this service is worth it mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    I’m overnighting in Vegas on my move down to Southern California. I’ve got an enclosed U-Haul trailer and a truck bed (which I’m thinking of emptying out at night). Nothing is super valuable but U-Hauls attract attention and my friend just got his stuff stollen out of his truck in a locked and surveillance parking lot. Recommendations for a good hotel or low crime area to stop in for a quick overnight?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marcus is right. And Wake up early and check out the Hoover dam in the morning.

Sleep in car with loaded gun?

This is why meth was invented, just drive to your destination.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    we had 15 bikes all of them were hi end so we brought them in the rooms at the Luxor, they didnt seem to mind if we walked them but if you ride them in the hotel the voice in the sky will reign down on you
    Trying to channel Jimmy Page? Shoulda brought a motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    yes you should be worried, even in a valet lot of a budget strip motel. I'd say check in a nice hotel on the strip and unload everything in the car and give it to the bellhops. Tell them you don't want it in your room, they can store it overnight. The tip you give them for this service is worth it mentally.

Marcus is right. And Wake up early and check out the Hoover dam in the morning.
    And if you're going to San Diego, staying in Boulder City sets you up to go south and across the desert by the Mojave Preseve/Joshua Tree NP. It's a bit longer, but often barely due to traffic (right now it's only 18 min according to Google maps). So if you're not in a major hurry, it's a much cooler drive with pretty places to stretch your legs than if you just take I-15 the whole way. You can take that route after staying in Vegas too, but it's loner as you basically drive to Boulder City first.

The ultimate "no Vegas stress" scenic route going to San Diego from the Utah direction would be to get off I 15 before Glendale and take 169/167/Lakeshore Dr. to cut through Lake Mead National Recreation Area to Boulder City, then go south out of BC on the route above, but all together it would probably add 2 hours to the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Trying to channel Jimmy Page? Shoulda brought a motorcycle.
    I duno if you can bring a motorcycle upstairs at the luxor I think that might have been excessive,

in any case there is no surveillance in the hallways cuz we checked eh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luxor.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	155.4 KB 
ID:	458171