Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Northeast 2023- Wheels Up! Sehnd Eht!

I rode Saxon yesterday. It was fun. I like bikes. Cheers homies, see y'all out there.

Bummed I missed the window of dry trails last week. Hoping for some dry-ish weather next week.

If anyone is doing the Waterbury Gravel Grinder this weekend, I'll be guy on the second hand dentist bike drinking PBRs at every aid station. Be sure to say hi.

I'm getting an itch to go ride some new to me stuff semi-locally. I'm in central NH and willing to drive 1.5 ish hours to go ride. My usual rule is I like to ride for at least as long as I drive for, so would have to be a good sized network. Thinking something like North Conway in NH or Ascutney in VT. Any other places I should look at? Bonus points if it is near a weed dispensary.

I’m pretty sure there’s a dispo open in Windsor now. Ascutney is my favorite place ever to ride MTB. Woodstock also has a dispo now, and the MTB riding in that town has been going off lately.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Tell me more about Woodstock. Big enough to pedal for a few hours without looping the same stuff a bunch? I like a good climb but don't want the downhill to feel like I'm still going uphill, which is how I feel about some of the local janky stuff around me. I've been to Ascutney once and had a blast but feel like I only rode a small fraction of the network.

Woodstock has multiple distinct zones, the three in town can be ridden in a long day without shuttling.

https://www.woodstockvt.com/the-town...n-biking-spots
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    Tell me more about Woodstock. Big enough to pedal for a few hours without looping the same stuff a bunch? I like a good climb but don't want the downhill to feel like I'm still going uphill, which is how I feel about some of the local janky stuff around me. I've been to Ascutney once and had a blast but feel like I only rode a small fraction of the network.
    Stop 1: Mt. Peg
    Stop 2: Aqueduct
    Stop 3: Saskedena6
    Stop 4: Worthy Kitchen

Edit: stop into Woodstock Sports and ask for Gavin or Linda. They'll give ya the skinny.

Trailforks is your friend. Woodstock is all time. Enjoy.

Backup plan: Killington (Base Camp trails, Gifford Woods/Velomont, Sherburne Trails loop)

And to second Buttah: Ascutney is really special. And Brownsville Butcher and Pantry can't be beat for apres.

Yes to all of the above, well done biggins. Butcher and Pantry is awesome.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Stop 1: Mt. Peg
    Stop 2: Aqueduct
    Stop 3: Saskedena6
    Stop 4: Worthy Kitchen

Edit: stop into Woodstock Sports and ask for Gavin or Linda. They'll give ya the skinny.

Trailforks is your friend. Woodstock is all time. Enjoy.

Backup plan: Killington (Base Camp trails, Gifford Woods/Velomont, Sherburne Trails loop)

And to second Buttah: Ascutney is really special. And Brownsville Butcher and Pantry can't be beat for apres.
    Joined a locals group ride in Woodstock when I was there a couple years ago. Good times, great riding. Don't remember which night of the week it was but a great group of welcoming folks.

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    Joined a locals group ride in Woodstock when I was there a couple years ago. Good times, great riding. Don't remember which night of the week it was but a great group of welcoming folks.
    Usually Tuesday night at rotating sites. Check the website/facebook. WAMBA is a model VMBA chapter- those cats do it right (as do they all, but WAMBA just kills it).

We had dust last week and now we're moist again.

It’s been a while since I’ve done any organized rides, probably a couple of D2R2 back in the early days, but this Maine Woods Rambler is going on the calendar for Sept. 24. Will be a good motivator for riding more than my couple times a week routine.

https://www.bikemaine.org/the-maine-woods-rambler/

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    It’s been a while since I’ve done any organized rides, probably a couple of D2R2 back in the early days, but this Maine Woods Rambler is going on the calendar for Sept. 24. Will be a good motivator for riding more than my couple times a week routine.

https://www.bikemaine.org/the-maine-woods-rambler/
    Like - ferry ride and riding on a course that’s not otherwise available to ride.

Dislike - $135 registration fee (even if it’s a fund raiser, that’s too much to be inclusive. The cynic in me says plenty of that goes to the organizers).

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Like - ferry ride and riding on a course that’s not otherwise available to ride.

Dislike - $135 registration fee (even if it’s a fund raiser, that’s too much to be inclusive. The cynic in me says plenty of that goes to the organizers).
    I hear you… I plan on camping out in the Vanagon for free and eating $100 worth of wood fired pizza at the after-feed

20 Slices of pie? I would almost pay to watch that.

Spent 5 hours during a couple of rounds of trail cleaning in the backyard trails. Logged area had a shitload of slash blocking a couple of the main trails. Really impressed with how well the little DeWalt chews through wood.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230428_193058.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	458028

Name:	20230428_194938.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	458027

Name:	20230428_185213.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	458029

Name:	20230428_190459.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	458030
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Fucking every goddamn asshole putting on a gravel event is charging stupid money. Fuck no. Don’t fucking cave in, boycott these assholes. Overland can gargle my nutz
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Fucking every goddamn asshole putting on a gravel event is charging stupid money. Fuck no. Don’t fucking cave in, boycott these assholes. Overland can gargle my nutz
    Seconded.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    I'm getting an itch to go ride some new to me stuff semi-locally. I'm in central NH and willing to drive 1.5 ish hours to go ride. My usual rule is I like to ride for at least as long as I drive for, so would have to be a good sized network. Thinking something like North Conway in NH or Ascutney in VT. Any other places I should look at? Bonus points if it is near a weed dispensary.
    Moose brook state park in Gorham has a big day of riding. Look on trailforks. The stuff over by the grass runway is dh flow and there is more than marked. Do the big loop on the park side then ride over to the other side.
    Follow with Big Day Brewing

Franconia has a lot of trails. Shoulder roll in Bethlehem is super fun. If you do all that in a day you are great.
    Follow with Reklis brewing

Lots of people like Prkr in Littleton but I prefer other stuff but that's me.
    Follow with schilling brewery.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Follow with schilling brewery.

He's a full on Trumptard. Fuck that place

This any of you guys (or anyone done it)?

Name:	Image1683236249.193741.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	458058

Name:	Image1683236259.665308.jpg 
Size:	451.2 KB 
ID:	458059

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Gonna throw it out there that I have a Vietnam (Milford MA) map I've added to through the last few years and feel is pretty comprehensive, way beyond anything else that's out there. Even has most of the popular Strava segments noted.. 😉

Hit me up if you're in the area and want a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    This any of you guys (or anyone done it)?

Name:	Image1683236249.193741.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	458058

Name:	Image1683236259.665308.jpg 
Size:	451.2 KB 
ID:	458059

I’ve done similar rides but without the group. The NEk has some crazy route options.

Check out vt bikepackers.com and the gravel growler route on bikepacking.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Gonna throw it out there that I have a Vietnam (Milford MA) map I've added to through the last few years and feel is pretty comprehensive, way beyond anything else that's out there. Even has most of the popular Strava segments noted..

Hit me up if you're in the area and want a copy.
    We stopped riding there as we always got lost after riding NEMBA LAND. Can you PM it or send on Strava?

Bit wet tonight....PK liked Cats.

PM sent with Google drive link. LMK if it doesn't work and I can send the PDF via email.

I’ll take a look at some maps if you’re sharing! Just took a quick ride out there this morning and had a great time. I think both the trails and I have each improved since my last visit about five years ago… my route finding, however, could certainly be improved