Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Nice dood. Feel free to hit me up whenever for route recs in that area.

VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Sherburner at Gifford Woods, built by Lapesquer and Daughters and KMBC... is raaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. You're welcome.
    Rode a quick lap at pine hill yesterday after sh at k and a husband and wife told us the same thing. Looking forward to hitting the Berner after dh laps next time.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Some fun at needham town forest today.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1685395338.548163.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	242.1 KB 
ID:	460250

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1685451220.679343.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	460294

Bethel community Forrest yesterday.

First time riding there and it was great. A mixed bag of XC stuff with Gully Verse, Parietal, Humerus, and Maxilla being highlights. The chute on Maxilla is steep and washed out as hell.

Probably my favorite riding in bethel right now.

Also, and Mags in that neck of the woods know anything about the gravel scene?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next Saturday there is a bike ride and Riesling tasting at Stowe with IMO the best importer of modern Riesling. I would absolutely be there if I was in the area. Cruiser had nice things to say about them in the wine thread.

Ride is at Cady Hills and tasting at Dedalus.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ride-ri...s-642283275567

Rumor has it more buildings are going in on Thompson rd and are going to kill Saxon hill trails. Town mtg next Tues I believe.

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Next Saturday there is a bike ride and Riesling tasting at Stowe with IMO the best importer of modern Riesling. I would absolutely be there if I was in the area. Cruiser had nice things to say about them in the wine thread.

Ride is at Cady Hills and tasting at Dedalus.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ride-ri...s-642283275567
    So $towe...
    Rapha fashion show for sure.
    Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Rumor has it more buildings are going in on Thompson rd and are going to kill Saxon hill trails. Town mtg next Tues I believe.

Yikes.

Northeast 2023- Wheels Up! Sehnd Eht!

As in the entire network vs. some of the Saxon Hill trials?
    Uno mas

Aren’t most of those trails on town forest land? I thought even the new parking lot was town owned. There has been development on the edges of the trails for a number of years and when I was there last month trees were being cleared near Outer Limits. Maybe some of the feeder trails are being impacted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1686613250.530614.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	461699

Rock and dirt in CT

some recent riding.

Stowe area

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs2CRl3Abp8/

Walking Purchase Park, Allentown , PA

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs_SHWKOKPJ/

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    some recent riding.

Stowe area

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs2CRl3Abp8/

Walking Purchase Park, Allentown , PA

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs_SHWKOKPJ/
    Since u are in/near Allentown, PA. You ever ride Glen Park in Stroudsburg, PA? My old stomping grounds…has become quite a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Since u are in/near Allentown, PA. You ever ride Glen Park in Stroudsburg, PA? My old stomping grounds…has become quite a spot.
    I am not actually near allentown.....I was visiting my inlaws.

Next time I go down there though I might give it a go. How dog friendly is it? We basically have been going to Walking Purchase when we visit because no one goes there and its quite dog friendly.

Northeast 2023- Wheels Up! Sehnd Eht!

I am not actually near allentown.....I was visiting my inlaws.

Next time I go down there though I might give it a go. How dog friendly is it? We basically have been going to Walking Purchase when we visit because no one goes there and its quite dog friendly.
    Yeah…was wondering?…not to many people admit to being in PA…lol

At one time it was “everything” friendly….but that area is so much different than when I grew up there in the 80’s-early 90’s. Our group and other locals were like the only guys riding that area.

Now, I can only imagine that area gets a lot of “traffic”…..now that it’s known more. The local bike shops sending people up there, etc.….So I can assume it might not be as dog friendly as it once was….

Saw u at Stowe this winter…over at Spruce/ made eye (goggle) contact with you and nodded, but u were in the middle of a lesson/ herding cats as we were all set to go….

Glen Park would be worth a side trip…..and a post ride beer on Main Street…nice small downtown.
    Last edited by BC.; 06-13-2023 at 02:14 PM.

Spongy moth season has returned again this year in central NH. Riding through a forest of raining caterpillar poop. Blergh.

I'll be camping with my kids at a few sites in mid coast Maine (Bath area) this week. Would love a couple of good trail recommendations. Kids can handle 5-7 miles and 800-1500' of climbing. They prefer smoother, more modern trails. We are happy to drive a bit further for a better ride, given that we can't really ride super far anyhow (quality over distance). I'd really appreciate getting dialed in on the good trails in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by s1ammy View Post
    I'll be camping with my kids at a few sites in mid coast Maine (Bath area) this week. Would love a couple of good trail recommendations. Kids can handle 5-7 miles and 800-1500' of climbing. They prefer smoother, more modern trails. We are happy to drive a bit further for a better ride, given that we can't really ride super far anyhow (quality over distance). I'd really appreciate getting dialed in on the good trails in the area.
    Bath has a few networks but neither meet the “smoother” criteria. Lilly Pond in Bath is definitely the more accessible while Bath North and the Whiskeag trails are fairly technical.

The 45 minute drive to Blackstrap is, in my opinion, worth it. There’s a lot of kid friendly stuff but if you lap the two major flow trails, you can add vert pretty quickly. A quick word of note: There is a bit of tech to Blackstrap but you can easily find the smoother stuff via Trailforks. If you decide to ride here, I can suggest some routes. There’s a good 8 mile route I can lay out for you that your kids will love.

The West Side trail in Yarmouth is also a good option. It’s not as smooth as some of the blackstrap stuff. It’s a quick out-and-back that crosses onto a small island. It’s a solid 13 miler if you ride everything but you can just ride up to the bridge and you’re at your 8 mile mark.

Bradbury is fairly consistent in that it always rides pretty well and you can pick or choose your length as it weaves around some double track. I can point a good 8 mile loop for you.

Topsham has a skills area for younger kids and is about 7.5 miles to ride everything. Fairly flat so no need to worry about elevation

Those would be what I have within 45 minutes of Bath.

A quick word of note: it has rained fairly consistently here for 2 weeks straight. A lot of trail networks are really wet with Bath having probably the best drainage. Midweek this week things dry up so hopefully we can get conditions back to where they should be.

Let me know what I can do to help. Enjoy vacationland!

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    There’s a good 8 mile route I can lay out for you that your kids will love.

Let me know what I can do to help. Enjoy vacationland!
    Thanks so much! If you don’t mind sharing the names of the trails you recommend at Blackstrap I can work out a loop.

Quote Originally Posted by s1ammy View Post
    Thanks so much! If you don’t mind sharing the names of the trails you recommend at Blackstrap I can work out a loop.
    PM sent

It’s a bit damp in Central VT right now…

https://youtu.be/PB2fMCTEQn4

Quote Originally Posted by scharny View Post
    It’s a bit damp in Central VT right now…

https://youtu.be/PB2fMCTEQn4
    I mean so many trail especially machine built flow trails are dusty messes right now.

Rode Cady Hill this morning and it had puddles but you could not piece the tread at all. Quite frankly Florence is riding better today than it has been most of the year.

Rode North Branch last week(wednesday) and it was still overly dry.

I mean so many trail especially machine built flow trails are dusty messes right now.

Rode Cady Hill this morning and it had puddles but you could not piece the tread at all. Quite frankly Florence is riding better today than it has been most of the year.

Rode North Branch last week(wednesday) and it was still overly dry.
    Cady Hill has been 'closed' all day. Please respect trail manager's decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Cady Hill has been 'closed' all day. Please respect trail manager's decisions.
    it was listed as orange this morning. Updated to red at 10amish.

With that said IMO maybe the non machine built trails need closured but the machine built trails actually had grippy turns this morning.

I am convince that trail closure in vermont is more about posturing than actually saving trails, they have been getting way more torn up in the dry than in the wet the past couple summers.

Screenshot at 12:40 ish.

Name:  florence.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  18.7 KB