Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Any bike beta for southern Jerzy? Gotta be down by Glassboro for a lax tournament Memorial Day weekend with one of the kids and looking to bring a bike. Trailforks doesnt look that promising for the mtb so maybe road riding...

Quote Originally Posted by snowday View Post
    Any bike beta for southern Jerzy? Gotta be down by Glassboro for a lax tournament Memorial Day weekend with one of the kids and looking to bring a bike. Trailforks doesnt look that promising for the mtb so maybe road riding...
    How far south? It’s all gonna be the same: flattish and sandy. Aside from avoiding cars, I’d rather ride a road bike down there. Depending on where you are, if you can cross a bridge, Wiss (Franklin Bridge) or Bwine (DMB) will be much better.

There are some trails at Camden Comm. Coll. that can occupy you for an hour or two. They’re pretty ok.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    How far south? It’s all gonna be the same: flattish and sandy. Aside from avoiding cars, I’d rather ride a road bike down there. Depending on where you are, if you can cross a bridge, Wiss (Franklin Bridge) or Bwine (DMB) will be much better.

There are some trails at Camden Comm. Coll. that can occupy you for an hour or two. They’re pretty ok.

Outside Philly, specifically Rowan University. Does look pretty flat so road bike is probably the call. Went down the Strava rabbit hole last night and lots of segments to piece together.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Outside Philly, specifically Rowan University. Does look pretty flat so road bike is probably the call. Went down the Strava rabbit hole last night and lots of segments to piece together.

Stop insulting flat! This is from last year’s race at the Comm. Coll.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1683386145.564352.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	458229

(30mi/1600’…I think it’s an 8mile loop. Honestly, it was pretty fun…just not a lot of vert)

It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Any NE mags ventured north to the Saint-Raymond, Canada area? GF booked a long weekend up there in June, staying in St Raymond but also wanna hit the VBN Shannahan section.

Must hit trails? I know Nielson gets a lot of publicity. Thoughts are appreciated!

I’ve spent some time in the St. Raymond area. There is a very cool bike scene up there.

Right in St.Raymond there is a bunch of short trails packed in the area labelled “VBN Sector St. Raymond” on trailforks. Park at Roquemont, where there is a bike friendly hotel, welcome centre and a cool brewery. Janky and sketchy is the best way to describe it. Definitely don’t launch any jumps or woodwork blind! There’s some stuff you’ll want to look at first with some manditory airs and sniper landings. It’s small vert trails based on a small ski hill. it’s decent for a couple quick laps.

It’s definitely worth making the trip out to the zone labelled “VBN Sector Shannahan” on Trailforks. Is a beauty zone with much longer trails. As you said, “Nelson Est” is well worth it. The first half is a pedal up an excavated climbing trail. The really tech stuff starts after that. Quite tech and a bit janky, very scenic with some sweet riverside rock sections. It’s a long ass ride by comparison to the other zone in St. Raymond. That same climbing trail accesses a modern black jump trail called Godzilla. It’s fun and worth it but you burn down the trail in 5 minutes and your back at valley bottom. Both trails are shuttleable by the same access road. It’s really rough so a proper 4x4 is required and there’s a gate that is sometimes manned where you have to pay a fee to shuttle. Sometimes there’s no one there and we just drove right through.

There are other trails in that zone too. The valley bottom green and blue stuff is good for a mellower ride, and the zone with Boreal, Aurora and Legende is worth checking out if you’ve already done Nelson Est. My memory of that zone isn’t as good but I remember steep tech climbs and more sketchy jumps and woodwork.

The Shannahan zone has bike friendly rental cabins and a little bike shop and restaurant. I think there’s a campground out there too.

The whole Shannahan zone is closed during hunting season.
    Enjoy!

^^ that's a pretty good summary. Don't have much to add other than to also check out Sentiers du Moulin trails/bike park if you've got time for the extra drive.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    This any of you guys (or anyone done it)?

Attachment 458058

Can't vouch for the ride, but can vouch for the shop. Good people all around.

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    ^^ that's a pretty good summary. Don't have much to add other than to also check out Sentiers du Moulin trails/bike park if you've got time for the extra drive.
    Much appreciated to both of you. I hadn’t thought to include Sentiera du Moulin in the weekend and am going to try to find a way to make it work. That place looks rad.

Thanks so much!

Any NE mags want a set of Spank Oozy’s in red? Never ridden. Moving and would rather pass it along to one of you all rather than take it with me

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Any NE mags want a set of Spank Oozy’s in red? Never ridden. Moving and would rather pass it along to one of you all rather than take it with me
    Dibs

From this morning

Name:	Image1684075192.845415.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	458924

I’ll second Smarty’s recommendation for the trails there. There’s another spot a few miles away that’s about similar length, if you check Strava for Summer Sizzler it’s another race course run nearby.

Though depending on how long you’re in the area, it’s worth the drive up to the wissahickon trail system in Philly. Probably 30ish minutes off traffic hours and is pretty incredible trail system w/in city limits.

Blackstrap today. Contact lens fell out mid descent so snapped a shot while I was pulled to the side. Raven is even chunkier than I remember.

Name:	Image1684109794.666799.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	458997

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Blackstrap today. Contact lens fell out mid descent so snapped a shot while I was pulled to the side. Raven is even chunkier than I remember.
    Yeah if we end up moving back to Portland once grad school wraps up (job pending), would love to put some time into fixing that trail (and all the ones off the top) to make it flow a tiny bit more. Def a full blown rock smash these days.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Pretty goddamn good trail conditions for mid May. Had a nice long pedal around Stowe over the weekend.

Name:	Image1684165852.862021.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	459048

Last edited by HankScorpio; 05-15-2023 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post
    Yeah if we end up moving back to Portland once grad school wraps up (job pending), would love to put some time into fixing that trail (and all the ones off the top) to make it flow a tiny bit more. Def a full blown rock smash these days.
    I’d love to see some organized effort out there. I’d definitely contribute.

Definitely flows the best 2/3 of the way down. The top is just an all out assault. I did it on my hard tail recently and…well…she’s zesty

I haven’t done the Nemba trail from the top. I hear it rides better that direction but the last time I did it, I rode North to South, which was tough as hell. Probably also could use a touch of love

Carriage Roads open to cycling for the season in Acadia. Took out the Old Grey Whistle Test after airing up the tires and a few drops of Phil’s Tenacious Oil for my first ride of the year. It was very nice with 5/17/77 playing in my earbuds.

Name:	IMG_8585.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	459194

Name:	IMG_8586.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	459195

Thanks for the reccos on Ascutney/Woodstock. Ended up doing both with a lunch stop in between. Slash Ridge at Aqueduct is a hoot. Ended up doing about 16 miles and 2,200 ft elevation in 3 hrs. I still need to get a better feel for Ascutney. Tried following a gpx track for navigation but with all the intersections/switchbacks still got turned around a couple times. Place is a blast still though.
    Above my pay grade:

Name:	PXL_20230518_183930667.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	459493
    Obligatory Mile Long Field pic:

Name:	PXL_20230518_140542548.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	459494

Anyone have info on how Carrabassett Valley trails are running? I'm hoping to get there this weekend while we're visiting the MIL. Hoping things are nicely dried out like they are here.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Anyone have info on how Carrabassett Valley trails are running? I'm hoping to get there this weekend while we're visiting the MIL. Hoping things are nicely dried out like they are here.

Thanks.
    Mixed bag

https://carrabassettnemba.org/trail-conditions/

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Mixed bag

https://carrabassettnemba.org/trail-conditions/

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen
    Damn, didn’t expect that. I’ll probably look elsewhere to ride; might ride towards Portland instead.

Not quite that far south, but if coming from the north you likely can make a route to pass right by it...Hartshorne Woods Park in the Highlands. This is my local trail system. Not so flat by south jersey standards. 1.5-2hr ride 10 miles no repeats can be had. Right near the beach as well

Monmouth County Park System Parks Hartshorne Woods Park

It's on trailforks as well

Anyone here doing VT50? I am running the 50k, might bump up to 50 mile depending on my summer. I saw @Laps there one year. I'm basically looking for a place to crash and some people with whom to hang.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    Thanks for the reccos on Ascutney/Woodstock. Ended up doing both with a lunch stop in between. Slash Ridge at Aqueduct is a hoot. Ended up doing about 16 miles and 2,200 ft elevation in 3 hrs. I still need to get a better feel for Ascutney. Tried following a gpx track for navigation but with all the intersections/switchbacks still got turned around a couple times. Place is a blast still though.
    Nice dood. Feel free to hit me up whenever for route recs in that area.

VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Sherburner at Gifford Woods, built by Lapesquer and Daughters and KMBC... is raaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. You're welcome.