Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elcap23 View Post
    Long shot here...but if anyone wants to offload their FR110's, I'll take em. 192's would be great. If not, I'll be ordering a pair for next fall. Thanks to everyone on the thread for their detailed reviews and honest feedback. And to Marshall for designing what sounds like a great ski.
    Not the longer ones, but the only FR110s (and a couple other skis) that I am about to list to the outlet is a 180cm FR110. If anyone is interested, please let me know!

Still waivering on r110 vs r105 to slot between bonafides and supergoats. I think the 105s are the right call but these seem to be getting a lot more stoke. I want something that can charge but also pivot in tight terrain and have never had a reverse cambered or progressive mounted ski.

I’ll send an email reply to you in a moment, Carl!

Thanks bonus just came in so want to order before the price increase!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    I’ll send an email reply to you in a moment, Carl!

Shipping discount doesn't apply for Canada, or did I do something wrong?

No, sorry, international shipping discount is funky for some reason. Please feel free to place the order and I’ll refund!

cheers,
    marshal

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    is there somebody with a pair of Rs floating around in Colorado that might let me take for a joyride lap or three?
    Pfluff's aren't going to fit my boots, so I bump this!

Marshal, is there a demo pair in Utah I could jam a 315 bsl into? I'm there next week.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Pfluff's aren't going to fit my boots, so I bump this!

Marshal, is there a demo pair in Utah I could jam a 315 bsl into? I'm there next week.
    hit me up, yo
    im at the bottom of LCC and ski most week days for a few hrs too

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    No, sorry, international shipping discount is funky for some reason. Please feel free to place the order and I’ll refund!

cheers,
    marshal
    You're the man, thanks Marshal!

Heck yeah man, thank you!

Took jackattack’s FR110s for a couple laps today. I think I’ll like the R110. They’re really quiet and have great edge hold, like it almost gets in the way of being loose. I had just come off my Corvus and they weren’t quite as loose as the Corvus. I think I would aggressively detune the splayed part of the tip and tails and lightly stone the rest of the edges. They’re quieter and more planted feeling running flat than the Corvus. I think I’ll like the flatter tail on the R110 better. I’ll echo others here, these will go fast.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Marshall, when do you think pre-orders are going to close for fall '24?

I just ordered backups for my R110s

That should tell ya’ll how good they are

I'm fully convinced on getting a pair of the 186 FR110s as a general soft snow up to maybe 6" of fresh ski (I'm sure they work beyond that, but that's what Billy Goats are for).

My BSL is only 295mm -- should I be mounting at rec at 87.25cm from the tail, or moving forward 0.5cm to 87.75cm from the tail?

I don't spin or ski switch, but I do get along fine with more progressive mount points (I really like the Deathwish at it's rec of -5cm). Does my intended use (not super deep days) and size (5'11", 160lbs) play a role in that decision?

Of course, we're talking 5mm, but why not overanalyze...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4176.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	487093

FR110 slip through the trees to hit the stash

Fkna, dude!!

Eyes closed conditions, nice!…rad shot dude.

Soft Snow Gymkhana - The Heritage Lab FR110

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I just ordered backups for my R110s

That should tell ya’ll how good they are
    Have you, or one of the other satisfied r110 buyers ever skied a 108 Wrenegade?

Or a 186 Bodacious?

Any other comparisons?

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post

Or a 186 Bodacious?

Any other comparisons?
    I had one day on FR110 and many many days on original construction 186 bodacious and quite a few on FL113 (which the R110 borrows its rocker profile from). I wrote quite a bit directly comparing the 186 bodacious to the 187 fl113 in the fl113 thread, and i would suggest looking that up for more detail. TLDR version is that the bodacious is slightly more rockered, slightly more pivoty, a good bit more floaty, but less poppy or smashy than the fl113. The bodacious is the easier ski and the fl113 is more business, but they definitely are more similar than different.

Now the FR110 definitely has a drastically different rocker profile, but the R110 has the exact same shape and flex (and a similarly forward mount compared to bodacious and fl113). The FR110 is much softer and turnier than either ski. With the FR110 i was only able to ski it in boot top to knee deep powder and deep soft chop (boohoo...), but i found it more agile, just slightly more floaty and definitely less but still respectably stable compared to the bodacious. Compared to the fl113 it is waaay more agile, way more floaty, and significantly less stable. In the R110 variant i imagine it is closer to the bodacious in agility (less than fr110, but more than bodacious), slightly less float than bodacious, and less stability than bodacious, but still respectable since fr110 doesn't suck at this at all and it will be more stable than the FR variant

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post

Or a 186 Bodacious?

Any other comparisons?
    I’ve owned both, the R110 is mounted -7ish so it’s a bit further forward than both the wren and bod. I think the R105 would be a better comparison.

Anyway the R110 is just as loose as both of them, but has way better hard snow grip than the wren and is obviously much more nimble than the bod being 8mm narrower. I skied them in some pow last weekend and they’re pretty decent, the wren might be slightly better, but what the R110 brings to the table in variable far outshines that difference.
    They fucking rip.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I’ve owned both, the R110 is mounted -7ish so it’s a bit further forward than both the wren and bod. I think the R105 would be a better comparison.

Anyway the R110 is just as loose as both of them, but has way better hard snow grip than the wren and is obviously much more nimble than the bod being 8mm narrower. I skied them in some pow last weekend and they’re pretty decent, the wren might be slightly better, but what the R110 brings to the table in variable far outshines that difference.
    They fucking rip.
    Thanks.
    You confirm my hopes.

I find the Wren 108 kinda meh in other conditions than pure pow or «soft 2d» like slush.
    The Bodes are pretty agile overall, but a bit wide / too long sidecut for a DD in my area.
    The r110 at -9 or so could really be it.

Name:  dreams come true.jpeg
Views: 505
Size:  8.1 KB

Shameless self-promotion: my pair of FR110s is on sale via HL's outlet. 180cm drilled 1x for Pivot 15s at 295mm BSL, +0.5cm from rec. Much like KC, selling has nothing to do with the skis, they are awesome, but just too long for me. As many have mentioned, 180 is more like 182 for other skis. I only skied them 4 times this season. HMU if you need pics. They are boxed up and ready to ship!

Also, massive shoutout to Marshal for hooking up a return like this. Spreading the HL love from one mag to another.

More precisely, 182 in other skis is 180 or 178.

Quote Originally Posted by Pins and Skins View Post
    Shameless self-promotion: my pair of FR110s is on sale via HL's outlet. 180cm drilled 1x for Pivot 15s at 295mm BSL, +0.5cm from rec. Much like KC, selling has nothing to do with the skis, they are awesome, but just too long for me. As many have mentioned, 180 is more like 182 for other skis. I only skied them 4 times this season. HMU if you need pics. They are boxed up and ready to ship!

Also, massive shoutout to Marshal for hooking up a return like this. Spreading the HL love from one mag to another.
    Re the length comment….I like skis 179-184ish and these don’t feel long to me. I’m mounted 84cm from tail (-5.8cm) on 180 FR110’s and wouldn’t want to be any further forward.

Weird but I’m seeming to like further back mounts this year (eg Optics at -7cm, Mindbenders at -8cm and Head e-Titans at -11cm).