Is this a reasonable price for a 2015 Giant Reign?

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3563555/

Because that thing is beat to shit and I have an identical well used 2015 Reign i need to sell and can't imagine getting $1800 for. Is this normal in 2023 when bike shops are now overstocked and have killer sales? The bike drought is over I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3563555/

Because that thing is beat to shit and I have an identical well used 2015 Reign i need to sell and can't imagine getting $1800 for. Is this normal in 2023 when bike shops are now overstocked and have killer sales? The bike drought is over I thought.
    This person is living in the past, unfortunately.

I bet the three watchers all have a similarly used reign to sell and they are curious if this one goes.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I forgot to say there are a ton of 2015 reigns on Pinkbike for sale and this is one of the cheaper ones! So he is not just an anomaly, that's what is confusing.

Also I have this dent that's about 2mm deep on my bike - total buzz kill for a serious buyer IMO. Or most people not care?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gggg.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	453949

If I get $1000 for it I'll be happy. "I know what I got!! (a clapped out dented old bike)"

You can buy a brand new specialized status 160 for $2250. Someone would have to be pretty drunk to buy an 8 year old bike with the same (but used) parts for $1800.

I'd put the actual value at somewhere around $1k, or a little less.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    You can buy a brand new specialized status 160 for $2250. Someone would have to be pretty drunk to buy an 8 year old bike with the same (but used) parts for $1800.

That Status is great! Never heard of it. I guess I'll price mine at $1250 and take what I can get. The rebuilt Cane Creek rear coil on it might entice someone to pay a bit more. Maybe.

I just sold today an 8 year old Orbea MTB bike I bought used 5 years ago for $2000, for $1500 within hours of posting it on KSL. Feeling pretty good about that!

Would you recommend looking at a Status 160 or a Stumpjumper…both similar in price, new, on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Would you recommend looking at a Status 160 or a Stumpjumper…both similar in price, new, on sale.
    Status if you want a burlier, slacker enduro-ish bike. Stumpy if you want more of a traditional trail bike.

Status if you want a burlier, slacker enduro-ish bike. Stumpy if you want more of a traditional trail bike.
    Thanks.

Sold mine for $900! That'll show that idiot who listed his for twice as much.

Wait - damn it.