Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Got the docs again and a new PW, all good
    So are you sharing those pics of DD's mom or not?
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Try turning the disc over next time.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Try turning the disc over next time.
    There it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Why? “Nuke code” hyperbole notwithstanding, what do you have against pdf document passwords?
    Nothing against pdf passwords. As long everyone realizes that they are not strong protection and will not keep out a determined attacker. Therefore, not appropriate for nuke codes.

Question For The Computer Savvy

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Nothing against pdf passwords. As long everyone realizes that they are not strong protection and will not keep out a determined attacker. Therefore, not appropriate for nuke codes.
    Why do you suppose they won’t keep an attacker out as well as any other AES 256 bit encryption? What’s stronger that you would recommend for pictures of DD’s mom?
    focus.

Why do you suppose they won’t keep an attacker out as well as any other AES 256 bit encryption? What’s stronger that you would recommend for pictures of DD’s mom?
    It is not the encryption, but the fact that there are password recovery or removal tools out there:
    https://www.makeuseof.com/pdf-password-remover-tools/

Sort of like locking your skis or bike up to a rack or something, if someone really wanted them they could use a tool to cut or remove the lock or similar and just stops the quick and grab of convenient unlocked item.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    It is not the encryption, but the fact that there are password recovery or removal tools out there:
    https://www.makeuseof.com/pdf-password-remover-tools/

Sort of like locking your skis or bike up to a rack or something, if someone really wanted them they could use a tool to cut or remove the lock or similar and just stops the quick and grab of convenient unlocked item.
    That’s not what encryption means, Nick Burns. Can’t remove the password if you can’t decrypt the contents.

There is a valid concern re: metadata. But for protecting contents, a password with 128 or 256 bit encryption (which is default in this day and age) is a perfectly reasonable way to protect your data.
    focus.

All of the world's intelligence services says hold my beer and watch this. They like DD's mom.

All of the world's intelligence services says hold my beer and watch this. They like DD's mom.
    Name:  security.png
Views: 92
Size:  25.7 KB

Uh, sure. Also, though, encryption is encryption. If they can crack AES 256 (which is default encryption, these days, for pdf docs protected with passwords) what exactly is your plan?

Granted that your admonitions were relevant 5 (?) years ago. Just not anymore.
    focus.