Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    to anybody who has used an a6000 (even better if you can compare to newer a6xxx ones), how is the color? from reviews seems like the color science isn't the greatest but going from a nikon d3100 so probably can't be worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearNachos21 View Post
    to anybody who has used an a6000 (even better if you can compare to newer a6xxx ones), how is the color? from reviews seems like the color science isn't the greatest but going from a nikon d3100 so probably can't be worse

a6000 shoots beautiful color... but get a later generation that is wifi compatible, because pulling them off the card is a pain. Especially when you have a banger photo you wanna get out there right away

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearNachos21 View Post

Hey Nachos,

I have a lightly used A6000 Im thinking about selling. Comes with random accessories. Happy to make a mega maggot deal if you're interested as I got a A7000 through work....long story.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Hey Nachos,

I have a lightly used A6000 Im thinking about selling. Comes with random accessories. Happy to make a mega maggot deal if you're interested as I got a A7000 through work....long story.
    shoot me a pm when you're free. was planning on waiting until i get paid for some seasonal work and grabbing a 6100 but i'm be interested in yours. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
    i'll sell you a canon 7d, 70-200 f2.8, 17-40 f4.0, 50 f1.8 and some filters, remote release and pelican case for $900 + ship
    I'd be keen on the 17-40.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I haven’t used the Mk VII, but own the Mk V and something to keep in mind is the zoom is pretty slow, even just going from 24-70. I’d be interested if it’s any quicker on the VII.

It’s not a huge deal, but if you’re shooting a subject (skier) that’s coming straight toward you it can be a bit tricky to maintain focus and snap pics while zooming out. It’s more of a take pics at a given focal length, zoom out a bit more than you need to, take more pics once your framing is right again, etc. That said, having 24-200 reach in such a small package would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The RX100 VI and VII has a noticebly longer lens, which is also faster both in picture and extension speed (I have II's and a V as well). One of the best things about the VI+ is the 24fps shooting speed, and the viewfinder that lets you stay on top of it when zooming.

As said, the best camera is the one you have with you, and my RX100's are typically in my pocket.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02062.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	513.5 KB 
ID:	460870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00714 (2).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	390.3 KB 
ID:	460871

Noob camera recommendations

I stepped away from photography several years ago. Moved from the 5D mk1 to a LUMIX. Didn’t love the Lumix and in reality was taking way more pics with an iPhone and that was that.
    But recently wishing I had a bettter camera for certain shots that just look meh with a phone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1706481888.590381.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	484732

However many are in a shit ton.

I don't like the Sony cameras. The autofocus is terrific. Everything else is not. The Fujis with similar sensors are great. So are the Olympus 4/3 cameras,

Stated differently, for ski photos I'd look hard at Sony. For fishing I would look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I stepped away from photography several years ago. Moved from the 5D mk1 to a LUMIX. Didn’t love the Lumix and in reality was taking way more pics with an iPhone and that was that.
    But recently wishing I had a bettter camera for certain shots that just look meh with a phone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1706481888.590381.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	484732

Get adobe lightroom app for iPhone. It shoots raw format. Can be saved as dng and transferred to PC without adobe subscription.

This is a good call if all you want is a little extra flexibility in your images for post. If you don’t need the reach, the megapixels or the autofocus, phone cameras are so good now. I wish my mirrorless had iPhone software in it lots of times.

Yeah, the iPhone post processing algorithm is pretty nice. Can’t believe adobe and many camera makers are so far behind.

I'd ask for Google over Apple as I thought my Pixel 3's photo processing was better than my iPhone 13's, but otherwise I wholeheartedly agree.

Technically the Alice Camera is a thing: https://www.alice.camera/ m4/3 camera body that offloads the software work and controls to a phone and adds a bunch of supposed AI features.
    Thought it was gonna be another failed kickstarter vaporware but it looks like it may actually be happening as reviewers are getting their hands on pre-production samples:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_nBJ0uMtm4

That said, it still isn't the magic that would be Pixel/iPhone software backing a true fully-featured body.

I knew something was different several years ago when I went out to shoot photos of my motorcycle for a sale-listing on my mirrorless rig...and a random snapshot I took with my Pixel 1 ended up being my favorite shot from the day.

If you have decent light and can work within the constraints of the available lenses...the phone cameras just produce such good photos in one click that would take a bunch of time in lightroom to match with a real camera.