Replaced battery in a therm-ic boot heater - weird problem. Ideas?

So I ripped apart a therm-ic boot battery since the charge was no longer strong and replaced it with a 4 pack of AAA NIMH. I've done this a bunch of times without a problem on both hotronics and therm-ics. Always worked great. But this time I'm getting this weird thing where the battery runs for like 30 minutes then turns off. I can take it off the boot and after a while it'll run again. I'm not sure if it's turning off due to cold (shouldn't happen with NIMH) or just something broken in the controller panel in the battery.

Anybody have a battery turn off after a little while? Any ideas?

never happened to me, sounds pretty weird.

Never seen the inside of the battery pack, but heat related issues in the circuitry possibly. After the battery pack heats up it is loosing continuity possibly. You then take it off and it cools back down and works again for a bit more??

Do you have a multimeter? Any solder points that may need hit again each of the solder points to make sure there is not a cold solder issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Never seen the inside of the battery pack, but heat related issues in the circuitry possibly. After the battery pack heats up it is loosing continuity possibly. You then take it off and it cools back down and works again for a bit more??

Do you have a multimeter? Any solder points that may need hit again each of the solder points to make sure there is not a cold solder issue.
    Kick ass good idea. Imma see if it happens at room temp. If it does I’ll take it apart and see if there’s a bad connection.

I'm not familiar with your brand but when I used hot tronics I would occasionally Crack a wire and the battery pack would shut off and I'd get no heat.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season