Gfc vs ovrlnd vs

Looking for this thread that must exist on here somewhere… I’m lazy and only searched a bit.

Have heard good things about gfc and ovrlnd. Want that price point (around 10k) and the ability to use the truck bed as a truck bed, lots of the time (will move camp shit in and out as needed)

Thoughts? Seems like folks really like gfc as a company, but I like the perpendicular walls of the ovrlnd and the way the sleeping bed is designed

GFC is maggot-owned, so there is definitely going to be some bias here. That being said, there is some serious thought and engineering put into their products.

Ya… my bozeman folks dig them

Might be worth pinging Graeme at GFC if there is a specific feature that you need/want that isn't stock

I like the look and style of the gfc a bit more. And the operation of the doors and panels is easier. The tent setup and takedown is so easy that I laugh every time I do it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I have a similar camper made by Oru Designs in California on my Frontier. Same cap camper style with straight walls and straight pop up like an Ovrlnd for more interior room, except it has hard side walls on the tent portion instead of canvas. I've spent around 30 nights or so this winter ski camping in it, and couldn't be happier.

Edit: Pictures are cool Click image for larger version. 

Name:	336760476_228750249531144_4950647317215417242_n.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	453045

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo666 View Post
    I have a similar camper made by Oru Designs in California on my Frontier. Same cap camper style with straight walls and straight pop up like an Ovrlnd for more interior room, except it has hard side walls on the tent portion instead of canvas. I've spent around 30 nights or so this winter ski camping in it, and couldn't be happier.

Edit: Pictures are cool Click image for larger version. 

Name:	336760476_228750249531144_4950647317215417242_n.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	453045
    What do you feel like the benefits of the mixed canvas/hardwall thing are? More noise insulation? Less condensation?

I bought a Super Pacific after looking around at options. I’m Seattle based, and the attention to detail and the overbuilt nature of the SP was the difference maker for me - no rain inside the bed when I open the hatches. Currently living the tote life and have the bed bare underneath, but looking to build it out with a power supply and possibly a parking heater over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by RudyGarmisch View Post
    I bought a Super Pacific after looking around at options. I’m Seattle based, and the attention to detail and the overbuilt nature of the SP was the difference maker for me - no rain inside the bed when I open the hatches. Currently living the tote life and have the bed bare underneath, but looking to build it out with a power supply and possibly a parking heater over the summer.
    I like that it’s made by a company in a NW climate for sure, but personally more interested in a pop up with a flat roof for additional interior space.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    What do you feel like the benefits of the mixed canvas/hardwall thing are? More noise insulation? Less condensation?
    Heat insulation is the big one for me. It's night and day how much better the hardwalls retain warmth compared to canvas sidewalls for winter camping. I put little foamboard pieces in the canvas corners when posting up in really cold nights and it's served me well so far.

I imagine condensation and noise is similar to regular canvas walls but I'm not really sure. I have a maxxair fan for keeping condensation down, and recently installed in a diesel heater to really keep it warm when we're hanging out inside. Though, unless it's significantly below zero, the 5k diesel heater gets too hot to run overnight with two of us and a dog in there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0589.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	473130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0638.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	245.8 KB 
ID:	473131