Enduro World Cup (EDR) 2023

Who’s excited for the season to start today? Practice starts today right? I really have no clue. WTF?! Great job Discovery.

Hard to get excited over something you can’t watch… I’m personally interested in following results and checking out some cool photo epics on PB, but that’s about it. Otherwise, the EWS seems pretty irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Hard to get excited over something you can’t watch… I’m personally interested in following results and checking out some cool photo epics on PB, but that’s about it. Otherwise, the EWS seems pretty irrelevant.
    This, but the people behind EWS are gonna bring DH to the next level this year. So we got that going for us.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

granted I've only briefly looked at the schedule, but seems they also may have killed off the cross discipline nature of enduro too with the combined weekends that are on the program. Almost all the guys who also race DHI will probably choose that over EDR, I would think...but maybe not with the new quali/finals paradigm? One of the few interesting things about modern enduro is that it does draw from most mtb disciplines and it's always interesting to see that in the results, this will definitely force some kind of choice on specialization I would imagine.

Can't really watch it and there's no fantasy league this year (as best as I can tell). I'm sure some great riding will happen, but it's kinda hard to have anything more than a passing interest in it.

How hard would it have been for them to Youtube the Press Conference?

Keen to follow it this season and hopeful the new coverage doesn't let us down.

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    That's going to be a hard no for me.

I kept hoping that as the season approached there would be more info on how to watch or some kind of YouTube feed to follow...
    Unfortunately, I think this is a harbinger of what we're in for with the DH as well. Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    Those trails look ridiculously fun.

I want to follow because I want to see how Jesse does on the new bike, bike fan of him. Guess my coverage will continue to be MoiMoi TV and Jesse's POV YouTube videos, assuming UCI/Discovery doesn't try to limit race footage like they have in the past with WCDH race runs.

I like DH enough that I will probably end up paying GCN+ for at least the first race to see how the coverage goes. There better be instant replay without spoilers since I watch Euro races the day after.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    But on the calendar they say the enduro events are “on demand.” I couldn’t find any information about what the fee for that might be.

I’ll probably subscribe for DH, but I might wait out the first race and see what the chatter is. I don’t see enough MTB content to justify it otherwise.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Enduro World Clusterfuck

"Ok, so hear me out. First thing: We totally destroy any way for people to be interested in enduro racing....."

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    But on the calendar they say the enduro events are “on demand.” I couldn’t find any information about what the fee for that might be.

I’ll probably subscribe for DH, but I might wait out the first race and see what the chatter is. I don’t see enough MTB content to justify it otherwise.
    I’m assuming the on demand means you can watch it whenever after you pay for your subscription, not that you pay per watch.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Enduro World Clusterfuck

"Ok, so hear me out. First thing: We totally destroy any way for people to be interested in enduro racing....."
    I fear for dh racing.