Road Trip - Seattle to Tahoe and back, looking for recommendations!

Hey Everyone, my life quickly changed, and just found out I've got three weeks of funemployment.

I'm currently planning on road tripping from Seattle to Tahoe, and looking for recommendations along the way! I've got an Epic pass, but no Ikon. Are there any rad small ski hills in Oregon/California/idaho that anyone recommends? Also does anyone have any area recommendations for some chill solo touring? I'd love to hike around and ski without paying for lift tickets, but want to play it as safe as possible being solo.

Thanks in advanced!

White Pass, Anthony Lakes, Ski Bluewood, Lost Trail, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek, Pomerelle, Santiam Pass, Willamette Pass, Mt. Ashland, Warner Canyon.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Honestly if you are comfortable and avy forecast is favorable, you could probably aim for some of the southern Oregon volcanoes. My buddy and I did this trip to Shasta last year, and tried to hit volcanoes on the way, super fun. Lot of them would be committing, but I think if you picked a sunny/
    low danger day you'd be able to make friends at the trail head

I suggest stopping at Mt Shasta and touring out of Bunny Flat. If it is sunny and the forecast moderate, that area has terrain for chill solo touring.

I can't believe Buster didn't include Hoodoo on his list. A rare oversite.

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    I suggest stopping at Mt Shasta and touring out of Bunny Flat. If it is sunny and the forecast moderate, that area has terrain for chill solo touring.

My friends have said really good things about hoodoo! So I think I gotta stop there.

Definitely interested in touring around Shasta, and might try to bag a couple volcanoes depending on weather

Pomerelle, Hoodoo, Anthony Lakes, Mt Ashland, Pebble Creek, Soldier Mt, Mt Hood Ski Bowl, Willamette Pass depending on your route there could be other options
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

There are already excellent threads detailing options for Indian food and rub n tugs near that route. Search function, JONG!
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

That was the major miss on his list. Kind of shocked, honestly.

Hoodoo is where I skied growing up. It was a hidden gem then and has only gotten better. I've heard they had a decent snow year, too. Epic doesn't really get you anything until you get to Tahoe.

highest jean/ski ratio i have witnessed was at hoodoo, it was bitchin

Sorry, I used Santiam Pass as a designator.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<