Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I'll pass
    had me thinking she was a solid ski town 10
    nope
    bet she knows her ski town cred and pushes it hard
    To be fair that is probably the least-flattering photo of her that has ever been taken.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Ah, college. That reminds me of a girl...
    Was the hotdog or the hallway responsible? ......and she's thinking, "I remember a guy......"
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Speaking of DV employees, if any of their accounts/details are accurate then the functionally blind in one eye cataract in the other skiing from "carpets edge to carpets edge" optometrist is fabricating substantial parts of his story.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    To be fair that is probably the least-flattering photo of her that has ever been taken.
    more or I think about it definite solid ski town 8

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Garter belt??

Yeah. Let’s bring back the 1930s

I’m guessing you have sock garters as well.
    not my fault you haven't had a hottie in an expensive and beautiful set of lingerie mounting you in decades
    sorry your sex life is so boring

Marina Hyde needs to learn of the existence of this thread. That piece qualifies her for maggette status.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Marina Hyde needs to learn of the existence of this thread. That piece qualifies her for maggette status.
    She’s 48 you sick fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Was the hotdog or the hallway responsible? ......and she's thinking, "I remember a guy......"
    The hallway. Actually all the dorm residents who lived on that hallway.

What a weird way to find out you're eskimo brothers with so many of your neighbors.
    I still call it The Jake.

That's beautiful. Some true gems:

Before we go any further I want to make a deeply serious point. Something happened that day. Something happened on that mountain in that luxury ski resort, up there in God’s cathedral – and, like anyone who has watched either the plaintiff or the defendant on the stand at any length … I literally could not care less what it was. I mean, this is as low stakes as it gets. Asked about what had been taken from her by the events on the Deer Valley slopes, Paltrow delivered the sociopathically straight-to-meme line: “Well, I lost half a day of skiing.”
    Arguably Terry’s most compelling proof that he suffered a brain injury is his choice of lawyer, who makes Lionel Hutz look like Cicero.
    A few years ago, Gwyneth stopped acting to focus on her lifestyle brand Goop, and I would be overjoyed if she now stopped that to focus on starring in court cases serving up this level of farm-to-table hilarity.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Dang, some of them pushing 70 on this list.

https://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-l...-women-over-50
    Christie Fucking Brinkley is 69? Holy shit. I guess Id put it to an almost 70 year old. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That's beautiful. Some true gems:
    Gold, Jerry, gold.

Gwyneth waxed on about how the retired doc is the epitome of entitlement on her social media, ironic for someone who thought she needed a ski instructor for everyone in her group plus and xtra or two.

I think she decided that she and Goop can get $300k of media exposure out of it. Any sane human with her resources would write that check.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Gwyneth waxed on about how the retired doc is the epitome of entitlement on her social media, ironic for someone who thought she needed a ski instructor for everyone in her group plus and xtra or two.

I think she decided that she and Goop can get $300k of media exposure out of it. Any sane human with her resources would write that check.
    That's why I believe her. It's possible she's in the wrong and is the type of person who can never admit she's at fault, but it could also be that she did nothing wrong and she's not paying up on principle. Obviously $300k is no biggie to her.

[I'll also admit I haven't been following this at all outside this thread and have no idea how convincing the two have been on the stand]

Any sane human with her resources would write that check.
    I'm certainly not defending Ms Goop, but I disagree with this. While she's certainly done herself no favors with this whole farce, I do understand fighting the blatant cash grab.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    That's why I believe her. It's possible she's in the wrong and is the type of person who can never admit she's at fault, but it could also be that she did nothing wrong and she's not paying up on principle. Obviously $300k is no biggie to her.

[I'll also admit I haven't been following this at all outside this thread and have no idea how convincing the two have been on the stand]
    The tough part is the fairly non-biased meetup witness. He’s the only one who saw the accident and is an acquaintance of the doc’s, not a friend.

Seems like she was embarrassed, got up and skied off, acted like it didn’t happen and thinks he’s faking.

I'm certainly not defending Ms Goop, but I disagree with this. While she's certainly done herself no favors with this whole farce, I do understand fighting the blatant cash grab.
    Understanding it and fighting the battle are different.

Do you fight speeding tickets, parking tickets? Most people just move on with their lives rather than gamble on being out the $300k plus another $150k in legal fees.

Understanding it and fighting the battle are different.

Do you fight speeding tickets, parking tickets? Most people just move on with their lives rather than gamble on being out the $300k plus another $150k in legal fees.
    Apples to oranges. A speeding ticket or a parking ticket may be a sort of cash grab, but it's the government and likely not targeting you personally. What if some company you had done business with sent you a bill for $1000 that was totally bullshit, and then threatened you with a collection agency. Would you pay it? Or fight them? While fighting them might not pencil out for a dentist of your stature, would you just say "fuck it, these guys suck, but I'm just going to pay them"? Maybe you would, I don't know, but is it that hard to understand why someone wouldn't? FWIW, I got a ticket once for "cruelty to animals" (the animal in question was the greatest dog in dog history); the tickets was in Langhorne PA, some 8 hours from where I lived in Vermont at the time, and was for $375. The fine was a significant sum for my broke ass but when you factor in drive time and gas, it sure as fuck was not worth fighting it from a financial POV, but the principle of being charged with cruelty to my own dog was too much not to fight.

The tough part is the fairly non-biased meetup witness. He’s the only one who saw the accident and is an acquaintance of the doc’s, not a friend.

Seems like she was embarrassed, got up and skied off, acted like it didn’t happen and thinks he’s faking.
    I've been reading that she was skiing with her kids and they may call them to tell what they saw and all. The ski instructor also has been on the stand, but I believe stated he only heard the crash and did not witness the incident.

That’s why you have money, so you can fight this kind of BS.

I heard the doc bragging about all the patrollers etc that he skis with, said he skied 3x a week.

I call bullshit.

I wouldn't be so hasty to dismiss her kooky ways. GP may be onto something here.

"Beetles can rehydrate themselves by opening their rectums and drinking trace amounts of water floating in the air.
    They can also reabsorb water from their poop, and their butts are surprisingly proficient at wringing moisture out of it, too. With their specialized rectal ability, beetles can survive in the driest regions on Earth, including the flour and grains in your pantry."
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Gwyneth was a Beatle?

Fucking Yoko 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I heard the doc bragging about all the patrollers etc that he skis with, said he skied 3x a week.

I call bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    I've been reading that she was skiing with her kids and they may call them to tell what they saw and all. The ski instructor also has been on the stand, but I believe stated he only heard the crash and did not witness the incident.
    This is all based on local news reporting:

- Ramon was more than acquaintances. They were part of a small social media ski group and were skiing together that day. According to the instructor it took Ramon almost a minute to show up after the crash suggesting he was some distance away. They all chatted about the crash afterwards and were hyped about the celebrity angle

- The ski instructor says he saw the events before and after the crash, just not the crash itself. The instructor says the plaintiff was above the defendant before the crash arcing green run GS turns skiing from "carpets edge to carpets edge"

- The plaintiff has an inflated sense of his skiing ability. He might have skied with patrollers but he was an intermediate at best

Social media skiing group huh??

Hmmm...

Anyone ask him for change?

Who knew digitaldeath was a retired optometrist?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    This is all based on local news reporting:

The instructor says the plaintiff was above the defendant before the crash arcing green run GS turns skiing from "carpets edge to carpets edge"

Okay, is the death penalty available in Utah?

Guy needs to fry.