Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    We have to remember, this douche bag has tied up county resources, court rooms, and if you e ever waited a yr for a court date, this is why.

If he loses, I pray he is forced to pay Gwen’s legal fees, but I doubt they’ll award that. He’s probably out 500k on lawyers by now anyway.

I’d say I’ll never ski PC again, but it’s the one place everything is free to me.
    Bold prediction: No way the jury will make the dentist pay for Paltrow's lawyer. Her pomposity is very abrasive, and jurors don't like that. I will say that IF a jury finds for Paltrow, then she will be awarded $1. Her defense lawyer should be an ins. co. lawyer, who is paid a paltry sum. She may have hired a personal attorney for her affirmative claim, but that is questionable. There is also a comparative negligence element to the claim, which could knock down the ultimate award.

Why all the PC talk? This happened at DV.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Bold prediction: No way the jury will make the dentist pay for Paltrow's lawyer. Her pomposity is very abrasive, and jurors don't like that. I will say that IF a jury finds for Paltrow, then she will be awarded $1.
    Somebody should fact check, but if the jury finds for the defense then in cases like this the judge decides whether or not to award legal fees. I suspect the jury made its decision before the defense even plead its case and that the jury has been bored ever since.

Somebody should also fact check the "half day" clip. Odds are it was taken out of context and isn't as imperious as it comes across.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Somebody should also fact check the "half day" clip. Odds are it was taken out of context and isn't as imperious as it comes across.
    It's fact checked. I saw the clip, not the whole examination but enough, the lawyer asked her something along the lines of "isn't it true that lost part of an expensive vacation" or something like that.

Here

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I don't know Utah law, but the common law rule in the US is that litigants bear their own legal fees unless there is a statute providing otherwise. At least that is my understanding.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't know Utah law, but the common law rule in the US is that litigants bear their own legal fees unless there is a statute providing otherwise. At least that is my understanding.
    Juries don't decide fee awards.

There are fee shifting rules in some states, which allow fees to be awarded based on an offer of judgment. Federal rule allows court costs, not fees.

I don't know what Utah allows.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I saw the clip, not the whole examination but enough, the lawyer asked her something along the lines of "isn't it true that lost part of an expensive vacation" or something like that.
    You're probably right. I guess the question is from the jury's standpoint is that in the context of Terry falsifying his story? As in the half day skiing things sounds pretty bad unless the jury believes the witness is telling the truth about what happened. Then in their eyes she's just stating what happened, not complaining per se, making the statement a lot less outrageous in the overall arc of her testimony.

The plaintiff may have been skiing "carpet edge to carpet edge" but clearly he did not ski full carpet to the road. So no GNAR points.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Juries don't decide fee awards.

There are fee shifting rules in some states, which allow fees to be awarded based on an offer of judgment. Federal rule allows court costs, not fees.

I don't know what Utah allows.
    Didn't I say the same thing, with less words (which is not usually the case with me!)?

Didn't I say the same thing, with less words (which is not usually the case with me!)?
    No - statutes aren't rules of civil procedure.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS

GWYN MUST PAY 133 MILLION IN DAMAGES

I thought that they said guilty but must put an overly large stone in her Cooch for the rest of ski season

^Stormy Paltrow?

Eye Dr: "If you grab ze tits, you must acquit" wait. that doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Sorry I meant DV, too many douche bags with lawyers.
    The tree skiing rocks at dv

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Spoiler.

Oh snap: Gwyneth Paltrow Found Not Liable in Utah Ski Crash Case, Terry Sanderson '100 Percent' at Fault

No - statutes aren't rules of civil procedure.
    persnickety fucker. And they are done both ways, because they are more or less the same idea, "rules of law", with the source being different. Congress has enacted numerous fee-shifting statutes, that are not in the rules of civil procedure.

Big Snatch Steam Party To Celebrate!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

gwyndication
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Was this the dumbest trial in all of history?

The Gwyneth trial should have Utahns wondering why any of us do lift served skiing, ever. Tear down the lifts and increase funding for the UAC. It's the only solution for the traffic problem and the smarmy little dentists filing frivolous lawsuits problem.

Gwen wins. Time to drop the hammer again on Bandana.

persnickety fucker. And they are done both ways, because they are more or less the same idea, "rules of law", with the source being different. Congress has enacted numerous fee-shifting statutes, that are not in the rules of civil procedure.
    You wrote statutes, as if to say that was the only way to shift fees. Some statutes mandate fee awards, but you know those are not common.

Does "persnickety fucker" work in your filings as a compelling argument?

So he has to pay her a $1 for the award, but then all her legal fees which is going to probably be pretty high as this was a pretty long trial and plenty of work leading up to the actual Courtroom trial.

She should have asked damages in the amount of the prices of an afternoon lit ticket to cover her "loss"
    Last edited by RShea; 03-30-2023 at 06:07 PM.

You wrote statutes, as if to say that was the only way to shift fees. Some statutes mandate fee awards, but you know those are not common.

Does "persnickety fucker" work in your filings as a compelling argument?
    Yes, it's very effective.

I actually started to type "rules" but then remembered the federal statutes that have fee shifting provisions (which is the method of fee shifting I am vaguely familiar with) and figured some persnickety fucker would point that out so I changed it. Can't fucking win with lawyers.

And fuck if I know what's common, the common law rule is that we don't shift legal fees. I know there are exceptions but that's pretty much all I know. I couldn't have told you that some states memorialize their fee shifting in rules of civil procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    So he has to pay her a $1 for the award, but then all her legal fees which is going to probably be pretty high as this was a pretty long trial and plenty of work leading up to the actual Courtroom trial.
    That’s America.

I like how the Doctors lawyers leaned over, patted him on the back, and whispered “ pay up sucker”.

Thank god. She won the ski off!

Dude has to pay her attorney fees.

Fkna