Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You were riffing on my post about people not handling the truth. I got it but you had the casting wrong. You had me in Tom Cruise’s role when it should have been Nicholson’s. Like lieutenant baron to my colonel unicorn. You can be better

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah but making the speech about road rage is funnier than making it about forum policing.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Yeah but making the speech about road rage is funnier than making it about forum policing.
    You’re a riot

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Dude, if you are trying to be funny it's "your an idiot" or "your a riot" not you're. If you keep typing you're it's gonna make everyone think you are serious about this stuff witch, as we all know, is unpossible cuz the internet
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    So I'm on my way home on a straight 40 mile stretch of 55mph 2 lane doing 60. A white Isuzu Trooper approaches fast from behind but it's a double yellow line. No problem. The car leaves the pavement and passes me on the right shoulder and boogies. Few more miles and I turn left on a straight road that goes past my house 10 miles further. Skip ahead a couple days. I'm in the front yard and the same Trooper goes past doing 70 in a 40. Couple of days later I'm at the end of my driveway taking the kid to after school practice and the bozo roars past again. I drop off the kid and on a hunch start cruising the new housing development and right of the bat BINGO. White Trooper in the driveway. I park, walk up to the door and ring the bell. Lady comes to the door holding back a snarling barking dog and I ask to see her husband. Guy shows up and I tell him loudly and in no uncertain terms that if I ever see him drive down my street again he was really going to fucking regret it. He say's to leave or he will call the cops. I go but continue to use foul language and let him know that bad things will happen if I EVER see him on my street again. Guess he got the message as he found another route.
    Nice story. Not buying it

Why are the wet blanket posters always the most prolific?

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Nice story. Not buying it
    Upstate eh? Remember when 104 from Oswego was two narrow lanes? Familiar with Salt Rd? Penfield? Still have the buffalo plaid LL Bean wool shirt I wore that day.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

I'm not sure how much of a rage I would be in if I was in the grey truck on the other side of the bridge and watched the asshole in the box truck slam through this covered bridge. This is a bridge I drive through multiple times a day. It really sucks when it gets closed down for repairs because some douche was either to blind to see the flashing sign with the posted height, or simply didn't care.

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I'm not sure how much of a rage I would be in if I was in the grey truck on the other side of the bridge and watched the asshole in the box truck slam through this covered bridge. This is a bridge I drive through multiple times a day. It really sucks when it gets closed down for repairs because some douche was either to blind to see the flashing sign with the posted height, or simply didn't care.

Need to mount a laser cutter at bridge clearance height. That should take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Need to mount a laser cutter at bridge clearance height. That should take care of it.
    Or get rid of the stupid cover if it’s not structural.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    yeah, let's tear down all the stupid historic covered bridges, so they don't interfere with the constitutional right of box truck drivers to be dumbasses.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yeah, let's tear down all the stupid historic covered bridges, so they don't interfere with the constitutional right of box truck drivers to be dumbasses.
    I’m down with it.

X2. yeah its pretty I guess, its a road not a museum.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I’m down with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    X2. yeah its pretty I guess, its a road not a museum.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

2 words that shouldn’t be together. “Historic” and “bridge”

Hey let’s impede travel and commerce because some jackasses in the 1800’s thought it’d be cool to put a barn on top of a bridge.

2 words that shouldn’t be together. “Historic” and “bridge”

Hey let’s impede travel and commerce because some jackasses in the 1800’s thought it’d be cool to put a barn on top of a bridge.
    Thems fighting words. How about a better idea? How about the jackasses learn to read signs. You have the same issue with low underpasses? Because there's a lot more of those around, and jackasses can't read those signs either

For the record, those old bridges were made of wood and the roof over it made the bridge last longer. Plus they are really cool looking. I love covered bridges. I grew up in the land of covered bridges. Obviously you aren't from around here.

I will die on this hill.

So trucks need to take the long way around because the local folk think the covered bridges look purdy?

Your Dunkin Donuts cost more due to increased gas from longer routes and increased insurance premiums from bridge damage.

Norman Rockwell can eat a dick.

yeah man, preach that truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^ I laffed. Thanks for that Col. Jessup.
    Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, good!

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Here for the covered bridge wars.
    I still call it The Jake.

This thread is getting a little hot. Maybe we can change the theme to terrified flatlanders (or monster RVs) that creep along narrow, twisty mountain roads at single digit mph and bypass turnouts with a long line of vehicles strung out behind them?

I relate to that a little better than these freeway/neighborhood incidents.

I will die on this hill.

So trucks need to take the long way around because the local folk think the covered bridges look purdy?

Your Dunkin Donuts cost more due to increased gas from longer routes and increased insurance premiums from bridge damage.

Norman Rockwell can eat a dick.
    I don't like Dunkin. Using your logic, should we blast the rocks on VT 108 so that trucks won't get stuck? And make it less steep so it can be used year round?

I’d need a proper summer or fall picture to be sure, but it’s not exactly a treasure that is stopping the flow of commerce in this particular instance. Some covered bridges are really pretty and scenic and live on quiet country roads. Sure keep ‘em. This here? Pffft. If this is the prettiest thing on your commute I’m sorry.
    focus.

All of you covered bridge haters can GTFO.
    There is no reason that larger truck need to go through this bridge other than complete laziness. The truck route through town is MAYBE a 1/3 of a mile longer. See map below (bridge location circled in blue).
    One of the major reasons this bridge hasn't been "replaced" is that it does actually serve as a throttle for large truck traffic through the small Lyndon Center village. The road that the bridge is on passes through a high school campus that has lots of kids crossing the road all day long (high school location circled in yellow). I don't want my kids having to dodge Quebec log trucks that stop for nothing as they barrel through town. Additionally, the road is relatively narrow compared to the US Route 5 truck route.

Name:  Lyndon.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  101.0 KB
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

The end facades are not structural, but they are there to try to make trucks think twice before they do this to actual supports within the the bridge:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Miller's Run Covered Bridge Damage-1474.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	3.09 MB 
ID:	453621
    The driver that caused that damage decided to hug one side of the bridge and caused enough damage that the bridge was closed for 4 months. That truck drove through and kept going with pieces of the bridge hanging from it.

To keep this thread on track to some extent, here is an actual road rage event caught on the camera that covers the bridge:

This plague of ornamental infrastructure that festoons the Northeast is a bunch of grotesque nonsense.

A bridge shut down for 4 months? Christ Almighty, who pays for this? The taxpayers, and not to mention the inconvenience of having to change your route to get places. Raise or remove the fucking things.These aren’t some archeological treasures, they’re 100 year old logs stacked over a road to be used as backdrop when the downstaters arrive in their luxury SUV’s to watch your stupid leaves change color. “Braxton, Brooklyn, Grayson!!! Put down the iPads and look at the God dam leaves!!!”

Comparing a covered bridge to an overpass or tunnel or boulders along the road doesn’t work. That shit isn’t there to look pretty, if the highway overpass is ornamental, it can fuck right off!!

This plague of ornamental infrastructure that festoons the Northeast is a bunch of grotesque nonsense.

A bridge shut down for 4 months? Christ Almighty, who pays for this? The taxpayers, and not to mention the inconvenience of having to change your route to get places. Raise or remove the fucking things.These aren’t some archeological treasures, they’re 100 year old logs stacked over a road to be used as backdrop when the downstaters arrive in their luxury SUV’s to watch your stupid leaves change color. “Braxton, Brooklyn, Grayson!!! Put down the iPads and look at the God dam leaves!!!”

Comparing a covered bridge to an overpass or tunnel or boulders along the road doesn’t work. That shit isn’t there to look pretty, if the highway overpass is ornamental, it can fuck right off!!
    Here's a live look at AK's apartment...
    Name:  boringapartment.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  30.8 KB
    Any item that might add some sort of personalization or sense of place is not allowed as such things are an unnecessary "grotesque" display of indulgence. So boring.