Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Official Road Rage Thread

Share your road rage stories here

I'll start.

Driving my kid's Veloster today and pulled up behind a small white Lexus SUV in the right turn lane at a 4 way intersection just as the light was changing to allow cars to go in the direction we were turning. This turn lane has a protected acceleration lane so that you can get up to 40mph before you merge into traffic.

White Lexus stops at the red light and appears to be waiting so I honk once with what must be an aftermarket horn because it sounds like a high pitched plastic toy trumpet. Lexus doesn't budge so I honk again and that's when a mid 50s Karen jumps out of the driver's seat and storms up to my window. Karen, visibly upset, raps on the window garbling something unintelligible. Of course, I do not roll the window down. But I tell her thru the glass, there's an acceleration lane right there so you don't have to wait for the light.

By now 2 more cars have pulled up behind us, Karen sees I'm not rolling the window down, and she appears to realize she's no shit standing in traffic. So she storms back to her Lexus and hops in.

So you know what I did? I honked again, just for funzies. Thank goodness she wasn't armed...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post

I'll start.

Driving my kid's Veloster today and pulled up behind a small white Lexus SUV in the right turn lane at a 4 way intersection just as the light was changing to allow cars to go in the direction we were turning. This turn lane has a protected acceleration lane so that you can get up to 40mph before you merge into traffic.

White Lexus stops at the red light and appears to be waiting so I honk once with what must be an aftermarket horn because it sounds like a high pitched plastic toy trumpet. Lexus doesn't budge so I honk again and that's when a mid 50s Karen jumps out of the driver's seat and storms up to my window. Karen, visibly upset, raps on the window garbling something unintelligible. Of course, I do not roll the window down. But I tell her thru the glass, there's an acceleration lane right there so you don't have to wait for the light.

By now 2 more cars have pulled up behind us, Karen sees I'm not rolling the window down, and she appears to realize she's no shit standing in traffic. So she storms back to her Lexus and hops in.

So you know what I did? I honked again, just for funzies. Thank goodness she wasn't armed...
    Usually that's when Karen's newly purchased hand gun come out and loses their virginity

I stopped honking at people here once the state passed "Constitutional Carry" or whatever the law to let the city become an amateur shoot em up gallery is called.

I miss it terribly.

For example, yesterday I was waiting to turn left off the main road into my neighborhood, which is a very narrow entrance off the larger road, and the guy behind me didn't like that I let the car turning left out of the neighborhood go ahead of me so I could actually fit my car into the entrance. Dude starts laying on the horn and gesturing wildly which made me laugh when I saw him the rearview so I did my best impression of Big Ern McCraken from Kingpin in response.

He was NOT amused.

I still call it The Jake.

I scared the piss out of a jogger early this AM. My work is on mainstreet and there are numerous xwalks so i always just coast through, foot hovering on the brake as im very aware of all the crossings because i use them everyday. Anyways i was cruising through early right at dawn, about 2-3 under the speed limit and scanning the sidewalks for people ready to cross and notice a woman jogging in all black going the same way as me and it registers that i will overtake her right at an upcoming crosswalk. I keep coasting along and nearly take my eye off her as she doesnt slow down, or look back or make any movement like she is going to turn and enter the crosswalk... until she plants her right foot hard into the ground and cuts left HARD like a RB making a move on a LB. At this point my front bumper was about even with her and i briefly brake checked but i was already into the xwalk as she was leaving the curb ramp just whipping her head around towards traffic. As i passed i saw her face through my passenger window flabbergasted that there was a car 3feet in front of her that she was about to run face first into the side panel of. She stood in the xwalk and yelled after me for a second or two until the car behind me who had to slam on their brakes started honking at here to move the hell on.

Road Rage today on I5. Guy got shot in the face. Seems to happen once a week in the county. Nuggin Futz.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post

I'll start.

If your kid reads this they're never going to let you drive their car again.
    We've got a lot of those Karens and Chads around here--they like to come to a full stop at our numerous roundabouts even when there's no cars in sight. And the other day a guy came to a dead stop getting on the freeway. Meanwhile, last summer they added acceleration lanes for a couple of tough entrance ramps but no body can figure them out because all the striping is long gone. Why they didn't put in sunken striping I'll never know. It works.

Everyone is on some sort of hormone therapy these days and it's making them crazy.

Then there's this dude, who was on anabolics...
    https://localtoday.news/ca/nathaniel...rd-231039.html
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

My ex has significant road rage tendencies and loves honking at people to express her anger (she even would tell me to honk at people when I was driving); she also does stuff like tailgate someone going "too slow"; cuts people off who are "driving poorly", etc. Not crazy about her doing that when my kid is in the car, because who the fuck knows who has a gun?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    My ex has significant road rage tendencies and loves honking at people to express her anger (she even would tell me to honk at people when I was driving); she also does stuff like tailgate someone going "too slow"; cuts people off who are "driving poorly", etc. Not crazy about her doing that when my kid is in the car, because who the fuck knows who has a gun?
    Even without the gun issue, some people react to tailgating by slamming on the brakes, cause nothing expresses annoyance at someone riding your ass like forcing that person to ram you in the ass.

I've significantly reeled in my road-rage behavior out of fear of getting shot. Now I stare at people who are doing something fucked up and if I'm lucky enough to catch their eyes I give them a big thumb down or just shake my head at them. Could still get me shot but I'm hoping it's less likely.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Even without the gun issue, some people react to tailgating by slamming on the brakes, cause nothing expresses annoyance at someone riding your ass like forcing that person to ram you in the ass.

I've significantly reeled in my road-rage behavior out of fear of getting shot. Now I stare at people who are doing something fucked up and if I'm lucky enough to catch their eyes I give them a big thumb down or just shake my head at them. Could still get me shot but I'm hoping it's less likely.
    I think you'll find a sarcastic thumbs up does a much better job of conveying your disapproval with slightly less odds of getting shot.

I just want one of those led text scrolls on my tailgate, so I can express the withering insults that I have in my mind.
    You know, stuff like “The left lane is for passing ONLY, grandma”
    And
    “Nice douchemobile, bro”
    But I’m not suicidal.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post

I’ve more or less knocked it off entirely. Too much anger and offense in the world. I’m trying to do a better job of not pushing buttons. I did send this email a few months back, though:

Subject: Road Encounter

Hi! Driving to work today on XXX between Town A and Town B, I passed your truck with a companyname logo on it. I guess I was in a bit of a hurry… and so were you! You started to pass the vehicle in front of you just as I was coming up behind you, and you made a rude gesture because I guess you didn’t like that.

Generally, it’s customary to signal when changing lanes. I assure you, if you had signaled your intention, I’d have been perfectly happy to follow along behind you and yield to your lane change. But you didn’t, which has me perplexed by your displeasure. I didn’t know what you were doing, but it would have been so easy to communicate.

Anyways, I hope we can still be friends!

Best,
    Mustonen
    focus.

Lol. Passive aggressiveness is best served via email.

There's a construction company in my town named Cool Runnings that has some notoriously bad driving employees/owners. To the point where people actually call them "cool running you off the road"

One day when we have flying cars, I wonder how air rage will manifest itself?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    There's a construction company in my town named Cool Runnings that has some notoriously bad driving employees/owners. To the point where people actually call them "cool running you off the road"
    If more people watched this movie they'd have less road rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    One day when we have flying cars, I wonder how air rage will manifest itself?
    With missiles.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    With missiles.
    Or a lot of falling.

This is pro road rage here https://floridapolitics.com/archives...rage-incident/

bmw, prius, shooting, same intersection where the dude got arrested before

wow.

I like to smile and wave at people who are being especially egregious asshats. Just as infuriating as getting flipped off, but probably less likely to get me shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    This is pro road rage here https://floridapolitics.com/archives...rage-incident/

bmw, prius, shooting, same intersection where the dude got arrested before
    Amazing that his wife was in such denial that her husband was a gun-nut, raging douchebag.

Seriously considering a dashcam..

A) No more he said she said bullshit when they cause a wreck.
    B) If they kill me at least they might get caught.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Mother fucker gonna pass me on the RIGHT ?
    I think not...

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Mother fucker gonna pass me on the RIGHT ?
    I think not...
    I see you havent driven much in the NASCAR state.
    swing your fucking sword.