Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Seems like poor choices by both parties. Which seems par for the course these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Kid just wasn’t paying attention. Didn’t do it on purpose.

I left all the color out just to gauge reactions, because I’m still working out how to feel about it.
    Please color away…..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Official Road Rage Thread

Guy had his infant in the car with him.

Kid was entry entry level and was just hired.

Guy followed the kid to his work location (not the same location the guy worked), approached the kid again. Kid said “now you’re just fucking harassing me.” Guy gave him his business card and told him to have a nice day at work.

Kid was super apologetic, wrote a letter, etc., but was fired within hours.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Im more concerned that an exec would follow a kid and confront his ass. When you hit exec level you need to have some fucking thick skin. Everyone fucking hates you, even the ones that smile at you and say nice things.
    Those are my thoughts. Figure out who you’re racing with, guy. It ain’t this kid.

Also, you set the standard. Here’s a chance to show you aren’t petty and to coach up some kid who doesn’t know his ass from the steering wheel, and instead you just shit on him.
    focus.

The exec followed him twice? Fire that guy first. That’s some serious lack of judgement and real petty shit. He’s lucky if he doesn’t have this broadcast on the tweeter

What a loser. What kind shitburger follows and confronts someone that cuts them off?

His life must suck.

Guy had his infant in the car with him.

Kid was entry entry level and was just hired.

Guy followed the kid to his work location (not the same location the guy worked), approached the kid again. Kid said “now you’re just fucking harassing me.” Guy gave him his business card and told him to have a nice day at work.

Kid was super apologetic, wrote a letter, etc., but was fired within hours.
    Those are my thoughts. Figure out who you’re racing with, guy. It ain’t this kid.

Also, you set the standard. Here’s a chance to show you aren’t petty and to coach up some kid who doesn’t know his ass from the steering wheel, and instead you just shit on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    The exec followed him twice? Fire that guy first. That’s some serious lack of judgement and real petty shit. He’s lucky if he doesn’t have this broadcast on the tweeter
    The kid is right, the guy was harassing him. And I agree with all of this, I am way more concerned about the execs judgment. Especially if his infant was in the car with him (that was probably why he was so upset to begin with, but then he proceeded to put his infant at even greater risk).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Mother's Day, 2023, Teton Pass about 10pm.

Never had a drive over the pass with more aggro jerkoffs. The GF and I were joking that there must have been a bunch of poor M-I-L interactions or something in Teton Valley ID.

We were about half way over the pass when we came up on a car doing, gasp, the speed limit. They had one car behind them, then us, then some douche in a range rover or something on my ass. When we got to the top I pulled over to let the range pass and be one car closer to the holdup. This asshat rides the bumper in front of him all the way down the pass before proceeding to turn off in Wilson into one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the country, not before flashing the car in front of him, who was behind the slow car. What a beater.

Then in the distance from Wilson to the bridge (2mi?) we witnessed 2 cars pass on a double yellow coming into the 30mph construction zone. Like I said, what a bizarre drive that was. People are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Mother's Day, 2023, Teton Pass about 10pm.

Never had a drive over the pass with more aggro jerkoffs. The GF and I were joking that there must have been a bunch of poor M-I-L interactions or something in Teton Valley ID.

We were about half way over the pass when we came up on a car doing, gasp, the speed limit. They had one car behind them, then us, then some douche in a range rover or something on my ass. When we got to the top I pulled over to let the range pass and be one car closer to the holdup. This asshat rides the bumper in front of him all the way down the pass before proceeding to turn off in Wilson into one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the country, not before flashing the car in front of him, who was behind the slow car. What a beater.

Then in the distance from Wilson to the bridge (2mi?) we witnessed 2 cars pass on a double yellow coming into the 30mph construction zone. Like I said, what a bizarre drive that was. People are crazy.
    I don’t get why people like that are in such a hurry. You’re in Wilson fucking WY. Slow the fuck down in life.

I think "exec" needs to be defined. An exec as some are reading, certainly wouldn't notice who the new recruit was from inside a moving vehicle, to follow and hand him his card.

Handed him his card when he saw the kid pull into parking lot of his office location, which was close by the fast food joint. I doubt he had any idea before that point. Exec is C level. Good sized business around here, but not fucking Walmart or anything.
    focus.

I thought he caught him at the fast food?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I thought he caught him at the fast food?
    Yup.

And then followed up with the card when he saw him pull into work right afterwards.
    focus.

Hmm. Sounds a bit of tall tale but you know the sources more than me. Depending on which side of the story you got, the kid could have fucked up pretty bad.

But yeah. Traffic bad. Avoid it I do...

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Hmm. Sounds a bit of tall tale but you know the sources more than me. Depending on which side of the story you got, the kid could have fucked up pretty bad.

But yeah. Traffic bad. Avoid it I do...
    It isn’t. I do. You can trust me on that.

Truly, was checking my initial reaction after putting together details from multiple sources. Helpful to know I’m not too far off.
    focus.

Hopefully the kid gleaned something useful from the whole affair as well.

A sincere "sorry, man - my bad" can go a long way in defusing a situation.

That said, the "adult" showed extremely poor judgement in this affair, from the details presented.

Back in the day I had a co worker go road rage. He was exiting from one freeway onto another, a spot that persistently becomes a parking lot. To get to our office you stay in what becomes the exit lane rather than merge onto the northbound freeway thru lanes. People try to merge immediately holding everyone up behind them while the rest of the lane is clear ahead. So lots of cars who are exiting bypass the traffic jam by driving around it on the shoulder. Co worker would sit in line rather than do that, fuming as cars went around him. Guess he tried to block that maneuver by pulling over and an SUV went beyond the shoulder onto grass to get past him. He followed the car....all the way to our office. He didn't recognize the vehicle. It was our boss's kid. He had to sit in his car in the parking lot for 10 min to cool down before coming in and giving the kid an earful for "endangering" him. Both of them were told to stop behaving like idiots.

Handed him his card when he saw the kid pull into parking lot of his office location, which was close by the fast food joint. I doubt he had any idea before that point. Exec is C level. Good sized business around here, but not fucking Walmart or anything.

If there wasn't an infant in his car I'd have to say that story is amazing. There's rarely consequences for being an asshole in life - glad to hear sometimes, ever so rarely, people get what's coming to them.

#instantkarma
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Yes. And hopefully lost his job too.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    If there wasn't an infant in his car I'd have to say that story is amazing. There's rarely consequences for being an asshole in life - glad to hear sometimes, ever so rarely, people get what's coming to them.
    Who got what was coming? Some entitled douche c-suiter pulling some petty ass shit just because he perceived some road injustice. Seriously, fuck that guy. Kid should leak that bs into the tweeter

Few years back I was on a bridge on-ramp that has a one way ped/bike lane that flows the same way as traffic. After I check I start to get on and all of a sudden a kid scream by on a scooter(non motorized) going the wrong way that I almost T-boned. He comes up to my window ready to blow. I rolled down my window and just said " hey man, I'm sorry . I didn't see you coming." He looked like he wanted to punch me but as soon as I apologized to him he shook my hand and took off. He was in the wrong but I just said two simple words and the situation was defused.
    Getting older gives me all kinds of weird aches and pains but I'll gladly "lose" to end a potential confrontation these days. People be CRAZY these days , even some of my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    He’s like some strange combination of Andrew dice clay and Michael Richards.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!