Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Rather than just be a squeaky wheel I’ll share a quick adage.

My pops who recently passed, got into a conflict with another motorist, must have been 15+ years ago. The details were always foggy, my dad’s relationship with the truth was always fluid, but it involved a school bus.

My dad was enraged by this guy’s behavior driving around a school bus. Not unlike baron, he pulled up and blocked the guy from this illegal pass where kids were trying to cross the road. They go back and forth, cat and mouse, brake checking and acting like assholes, my dad pulls his concealed pistol and levels it out the drivers window as this guy comes wheeling around… dude is also packing and has his piece leveled at the passenger window when he makes the move.

They both freeze as this impromptu duel takes place. No one fires. Everyone is okay. My old man, who had a vicious temper, definitely modifies his behavior after that encounter. Lesson mother fucking learned.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    He prefaced the story with “in a different galaxy a long time ago…”

Isn’t that enough? Some of you sound like hall monitors. Personally, I’d rather hang with a guy with the balls to stand up to a series of brake checks (although that probably means you were riding ass) than a group of hall monitors. I was going to spin a yarn of brandishing a firearm in a different country many years ago, but the great internet judgement platoon would certainly point out the illegality.

Statute of limitations. Know the law as someone mentioned earlier.
    I’m not saying that he should be charged. I’m saying that what he related was assault and road rage. This is the road rage thread, correct? We’ve all done stupid things, doesn’t make it right even if it was in the past.

Pointing out that admitted behavior was illegal isn’t judgement it’s a fact. Just because it rubs you the wrong way doesn’t change the fact. This is the biggest problem we face in this country. People can’t handle the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    you have to expect this with people on TGR..take it like a grain of salt

I do love how you get every side of opinions on this forum. Keep it up, that is what makes TGR special-almost no censor/ just like getting attacked in real life, you dont want to cower here ..you'll just get attacked worse
    Okay, but I stated what you posted was assault and road rage, those are facts. You even said that the teens felt threatened, the definition of assault. There was no opinion in my post.

Official Road Rage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Pointing out that admitted behavior was illegal isn’t judgement it’s a fact. Just because it rubs you the wrong way doesn’t change the fact. This is the biggest problem we face in this country. People can’t handle the truth.

Son, we live in a world that has roads, and those roads have to be guarded by men with anger issues. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Unicorn? He has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for those teens, and you curse the road raging idiots. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what he knows -- that angrily chasing down those teenagers, while tragic, probably didn’t do much but make him look like an asshole; and his existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, slows traffic.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want him on that road -- you need him on that road.

He uses words like "hothead," "douchebag," "tiny dicked moron." He uses these words as the backbone of a life spent defending… something. You use them as a punch line.

He has neither the time nor the inclination to explain himself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very insanity that he provides and then questions the manner in which he provides it.

He would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, he suggests you pick up your keys and stand the post. Either way, he doesn’t give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!

^ I laffed. Thanks for that Col. Jessup.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^ I laffed. Thanks for that Col. Jessup.
    Yep, that was very well played.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Son, we live in a world that has roads, and those roads have to be guarded by men with anger issues. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Unicorn? He has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for those teens, and you curse the road raging idiots. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what he knows -- that angrily chasing down those teenagers, while tragic, probably didn’t do much but make him look like an asshole; and his existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, slows traffic.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want him on that road -- you need him on that road.

He uses words like "hothead," "douchebag," "tiny dicked moron." He uses these words as the backbone of a life spent defending… something. You use them as a punch line.

He has neither the time nor the inclination to explain himself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very insanity that he provides and then questions the manner in which he provides it.

He would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, he suggests you pick up your keys and stand the post. Either way, he doesn’t give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!
    I’ve stood watch on the wall boy. You have no idea wtf you’re talking about

But, these are usually the same type of people we interact with every day ...moms, dads, co-workers and they are usually so polite in person- get them behind the wheel and some turn into animals.
    Precisely how Disney's 1950 classic "Motor Mania" portrays said people:

For the unitiated:

The Road Hog part is still SOOOOOOO on point even 73 years later. Nothing's changed. LMAO!

Okay, but I stated what you posted was assault and road rage, those are facts. You even said that the teens felt threatened, the definition of assault. There was no opinion in my post.

Posters like you are just trolls that stick your rainbow colored dildo into anything that gets you off.

Funny thing is> I never met a Maggot that trolls the forum bullshit in person ...always had a great time with everyone I've met here

Some people feel threatened by their own shadow. I'm sorry your online persona felt threatened by my 'harsh' words...but like all other mags I've met, I'm sure you are cool to hang and ski with. Have a nice day Judge Judy

Posters like you are just trolls that stick your rainbow colored dildo into anything that gets you off.

Funny thing is> I never met a Maggot that trolls the forum bullshit in person ...always had a great time with everyone I've met here

Some people feel threatened by their own shadow. I'm sorry your online persona felt threatened by my 'harsh' words...but like all other mags I've met, I'm sure you are cool to hang and ski with. Have a nice day Judge Judy
    You’re such a limp dick. Your words weren’t harsh they were immature and stupid. At least own it. You still have a way to go understanding the difference between opinion and fact. This post is all opinion if you can’t understand.

I’m not sure how participating in a thread about road rage and talking about road rage is trolling but I don’t think you understand that either.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    he doesn’t start fights, he ends them.
    Oh. Then I stand corrected. My bad. Carry on.

You’re such a limp dick. Your words weren’t harsh they were immature and stupid. At least own it. You still have a way to go understanding the difference between opinion and fact. This post is all opinion if you can’t understand.

I’m not sure how participating in a thread about road rage and talking about road rage is trolling but I don’t think you understand that either.

LMAO, unless you were there >you are just giving an opinion

like most of the stuff I've seen out of your posts, they are usually judgmental replies /hey I could be wrong, I don't have you on follow. Besides, it's the internet; if we can't have some fun with it then we're both mental. You seem to want to turn every subject into the Spanish Inquisition..of course you are going to illicit some spicy replies. You seem really touchy, did your mom beat you as a kid?

So what you're saying is --Baron is like a hockey enforcer of the road. When the refs/cops don't make the call-he makes it right. The comparison works--right down to the obvious brain damage.

LMAO, unless you were there >you are just giving an opinion

like most of the stuff I've seen out of your posts, they are usually judgmental replies /hey I could be wrong, I don't have you on follow. Besides, it's the internet; if we can't have some fun with it then we're both mental. You seem to want to turn every subject into the Spanish Inquisition..of course you are going to illicit some spicy replies. You seem really touchy, did your mom beat you as a kid?
    You told us that you blocked another car in after being tailgated and then confronted the occupants of the car with the intention of kicking their ass. You said they were scared, shitting their pants. That’s the definition of assault and road rage. It’s not judgmental or my opinion, it’s what you posted.

Your repeated attempts to portray my pointing out facts that you provided as judgement or trolls is stupid and the definition of trolling.

You’re a moron.

Your a moron.
    [/url]
    fify
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

An interesting development

So I'm on my way home on a straight 40 mile stretch of 55mph 2 lane doing 60. A white Isuzu Trooper approaches fast from behind but it's a double yellow line. No problem. The car leaves the pavement and passes me on the right shoulder and boogies. Few more miles and I turn left on a straight road that goes past my house 10 miles further. Skip ahead a couple days. I'm in the front yard and the same Trooper goes past doing 70 in a 40. Couple of days later I'm at the end of my driveway taking the kid to after school practice and the bozo roars past again. I drop off the kid and on a hunch start cruising the new housing development and right of the bat BINGO. White Trooper in the driveway. I park, walk up to the door and ring the bell. Lady comes to the door holding back a snarling barking dog and I ask to see her husband. Guy shows up and I tell him loudly and in no uncertain terms that if I ever see him drive down my street again he was really going to fucking regret it. He say's to leave or he will call the cops. I go but continue to use foul language and let him know that bad things will happen if I EVER see him on my street again. Guess he got the message as he found another route.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Sounds like you were lucky to not get shot, beat up or only bitten by the dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

It was 35 years ago. Another world. Wouldn’t do it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    It was 35 years ago. Another world. Wouldn’t do it today.
    At least you’re smarter with age, that was stupid and yes I’ve been that guy. Unless someone or something is actually harmed by the idiot road ragers, roll your eyes and move on.

Maybe you missed it. The maniac who passed me on the shoulder was going past my house every day at "I don't give a fuck" speed. There was no walking away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Maybe you missed it. The maniac who passed me on the shoulder was going past my house every day at "I don't give a fuck" speed. There was no walking away.
    So you were harmed? You posted that you saw him driving crazy three times, maybe he was doing it EVERY DAY but you didn’t post that. I didn’t miss anything

Not road rage but an incident to contribute.

Was in a line of traffic driving into town from college in the next town over. Had a fellow collegiate in the car with me. Some sort of incident ahead slowed traffic to stop and go. Was chatting about some passionate subject or another and didn’t see the brake lights of the car in front of me soon enough, and gave their bumper solid push. Enough that both my passenger and I saw the passenger in the late 80’s 4-door sedan ahead dive over her seat into the back seat chasing her wig (we were my late 70’s VW scirocco).

We both pull over and the young boomer housewife and I look at our respective cars and assess the damage. There was none. She mentioned that her mom in the passenger seat might be feeling the bump and could be desiring some future medical care. I deadpanned that if I twisted over into the back seat from the front after unlocking my seatbelt & chasing my hair with such speed, I’d feel a bit sore as well. She looked at me funny, we exchanged info cordially cause that was the time and place, and we never engaged each other again.

I still smile, and feel a bit of guilt over that rear-ender. AFAIK that was the worst physical damage I ever did to a fellow road warrior with my ride at fault. The rest of my driving history is much more colourful, and definitely on the a sliding scale of what was then or now appropriate.

I’ve stood watch on the wall boy. You have no idea wtf you’re talking about

You were riffing on my post about people not handling the truth. I got it but you had the casting wrong. You had me in Tom Cruise’s role when it should have been Nicholson’s. Like lieutenant baron to my colonel unicorn. You can be better