Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    I see you havent driven much in the NASCAR state.
    Meanwhile across the border decent drivers everywhere know the speed limit starts at 80 and to STFO of the left lane. It's when the spring breakers and summer vacationers come passing through town on the way to the beach that the proper order gets upset.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Meanwhile across the border decent drivers everywhere know the speed limit starts at 80 and to STFO of the left lane. It's when the spring breakers and summer vacationers come passing through town on the way to the beach that the proper order gets upset.
    until these motherfuckers learn that 5 over in the left lane is unacceptable, i will continue to pass in the left lane.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Mother fucker gonna pass me on the RIGHT ?
    I think not...
    Then get out of the left lane. You’re less likely to get a ticket with that dude going Mach 2 a mile ahead of you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Mother fucker gonna pass me on the RIGHT ?
    I think not...
    https://kdvr.com/news/local/when-is-...e-in-colorado/
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

GTFO of the left lane. Let the cops determine who's going too fast.

"In 2014, Georgia enacted a “Slowpoke Law,” making it a citable offense to camp out in the passing lane (or fast lane) of a highway and hold up traffic behind you, or to otherwise impede the flow of traffic. The stated basis for the law is that drivers going slower than the speed of traffic create risk, to themselves and others on the road, as well as add obstructions to already congested freeways."

"In 2014, Georgia enacted a “Slowpoke Law,” making it a citable offense to camp out in the passing lane (or fast lane) of a highway and hold up traffic behind you, or to otherwise impede the flow of traffic. The stated basis for the law is that drivers going slower than the speed of traffic create risk, to themselves and others on the road, as well as add obstructions to already congested freeways."
    I’ve been advocating for this for ages. Leave it to my birthplace to get it right.

Colorado has a similar law. Take a browse of the I-70 thread to see how much it's enforced.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

sometimes gets abused...long ago my MoM was pulled over in NJ long ago for going to slow-, kind of storm you HAVE to slow down for and no one on the road as well. Wasn't raging but, one of the very few times I ever saw her mad when relating the story after getting home.

I mostly like to back our boys in blue, but WTF sometimes guys

They gave people a six month period notifying everyone of the upcoming law, billboards electronic signs on highways and major roads, an ad campaign tons of advance notice. Then they started enforcing it, and people took notice.

when your highways running through town have 8 to 10 lanes on each side, they’ll do anything to keep it moving. Where are you are most likely to get pop though is on one of the interstates between bigger cities. If a state trooper sees you in the left lane with a line of cars behind you and you’re doing 80 miles an hour you’re going to get pulled over but it’s not going to be for speeding

I flip people off all the time when they piss me off. I make certain they cannot see the gesture. Satisfies me and that's what counts.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

They gave people a six month period notifying everyone of the upcoming law, billboards electronic signs on highways and major roads, an ad campaign tons of advance notice. Then they started enforcing it, and people took notice.

when your highways running through town have 8 to 10 lanes on each side, they’ll do anything to keep it moving. Where are you are most likely to get pop though is on one of the interstates between bigger cities. If a state trooper sees you in the left lane with a line of cars behind you and you’re doing 80 miles an hour you’re going to get pulled over but it’s not going to be for speeding
    Seems like a grey area, your 80mph-er with a line behind him. We only have two lane interstate highways in the 802. If the right lane is empty, ya, cut and dry camping. If there's spaced out sliw traffic in the right, is it so easy to judge if it's camping? I think there's a fine line. And there's plenty of times where I'll be doing 80, move over, and the guy won't pass, they just want me to block for them and tailgate in the process.. One has to slow below the speed limit to shake that kinda jackass.

There are problems with this though. Should I be forced to drive slowly in the right lane where it's on and off the throttle/brakes or can I drive smoothly and steadily in the left lane? If I'm already (significantly) over the speed limit and passing everyone in the right lane why should I be forced to make dramatic moves to get out of the way of drivers that want to go even faster? Why should I abuse my vehicle, ruin my mpg and potentially be a safety hazard moving back and forth between lanes constantly varying my speed and potentially misjudging a situation and causing someone else to do something that could cause a situation? Until I get a chance to argue with a cop (or judge) about who's right and who's wrong and who was passing/not passing I'll keep camping out in the left lane and driving at a smooth and steady high speed, I'll get out of the way when it's safe and reasonable but I won't weave in and out or be forced to do dumb shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I flip people off all the time when they piss me off. I make certain they cannot see the gesture. Satisfies me and that's what counts.
    In New Youk City ...flipping people off is how you say hello
    Last edited by baron; 03-25-2023 at 12:31 PM.

"You're number one!"

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    There are problems with this though. Should I be forced to drive slowly in the right lane where it's on and off the throttle/brakes or can I drive smoothly and steadily in the left lane? If I'm already (significantly) over the speed limit and passing everyone in the right lane why should I be forced to make dramatic moves to get out of the way of drivers that want to go even faster? Why should I abuse my vehicle, ruin my mpg and potentially be a safety hazard moving back and forth between lanes constantly varying my speed and potentially misjudging a situation and causing someone else to do something that could cause a situation? Until I get a chance to argue with a cop (or judge) about who's right and who's wrong and who was passing/not passing I'll keep camping out in the left lane and driving at a smooth and steady high speed, I'll get out of the way when it's safe and reasonable but I won't weave in and out or be forced to do dumb shit.
    Respectfully, the greater public good of keeping traffic moving expeditiously exceeds your personal desires.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that you get over to the right after passing each truck or car if you’re moving faster than traffic. You pass all the morans, then get over when there is a gap in the traffic and let the maniacs pass you.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Everyone is on some sort of hormone therapy these days and it's making them crazy.

Then there's this dude, who was on anabolics...
    https://localtoday.news/ca/nathaniel...rd-231039.html
    This belongs in the roid rage thread, not the road rage thread.

And why does every traffic related thread devolve into a left-lane camper thread.?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Respectfully, the greater public good of keeping traffic moving expeditiously exceeds your personal desires.
    Respectfully, I don't think you've fully thought through what he is saying.

Right lane is, say, 65mph (the exact speed limit). Full of cars. Left lane is cruising at 80mph (this hypothetical will never happen!). Also fairly full of cars. He is driving in the left lane, happy to be doing 80, and passing cars in the right lane regularly. There are cars behind him, maybe also happy to be going 80, but maybe some want to go 85. Should he jam his car into an opening on the right, braking hard while doing so, to let the guy behind maybe go past (let's assume he does), and then swerve back into the left lane and accelerate greatly when there is a slight opening? Causing people in the left lane to brake while he gets back up to 80?

His point, as I understood it, is that is not serving any greater good, it is unrealistic and would actually be making the road less safe, not more, and would not even meet its stated goal of "keeping traffic moving expeditiously".

Left lane/right lane notions on the roads I travel -- generally 2 lanes -- only work well if there is no more than a certain number of cars. Beyond that number, you end up with people complaining that everyone is driving slower than they desire, but if you put all of the cars on an empty road, 95% of them would be driving faster, ie almost everyone has the same desire to drive faster. It's the volume of cars that dictates slower travel, not "left lane campers", even though everyone complains about the left lane campers being responsible.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

edit: Thanks Danno, that's what I was getting at.

This whole thing just pisses me off and really gets me worked up thinking that I'm supposed to do things that suck and be forced to constantly avoid accidents driving in the right lane because someone else wants to drive really fast. Someday I'll probably get shot or tagged and run off the road because I pissed someone off by not driving fast enough and I'm ok with it. Maybe before that happens I'll get pulled over for not passing people at a high enough speed and a judge will tell me I'm wrong and should drive faster because 10-20 over the limit isn't enough (I don't ever drive slowly).

Solution: Separate interstate systems for large commercial vehicles/RVs and small passenger vehicles/RVs

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Solution: Separate interstate systems for large commercial vehicles/RVs and small passenger vehicles/RVs
    Otherwise known as trains.

^what are you, some kind of communist?

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    NY sort of has that with our Parkways that are passenger vehicles only, no commercial vehicles, no trailers of any sort and nothing over 5 tons allowed without a special permit, they never have speed limits over 55mph and are almost always 2 lanes in each direction. The right lane rarely moves much over 50 and the left lane is a free for all, entrances and exits are pretty close together making the right lane a scary place.

some fun reading here...but if you're around 50 yrs old and still road raging.. maybe it's not the other cars that are the problem

Yeah, I guess my perceptions are from driving recently to St George, where there is light traffic, and posted speed limits of 80 or even more.
    Back east? That's a crap shoot.