Expert Bootfitter help: Toe Box adjustment on Race(ish) boot!!

Replaced my old Raptors with a new pair of WCR 140S that I sized down for an even better fit. Local bootfitter grinded them up in all the hot spots and after a few days they fit perfectly with the exception of the toe box! Unless I am really driving the boot my big toe presses up against the toe box enough to cause significant pain and discomfort after a full day skiing. One of those things that builds up as the day progresses.

Took them back to the boot fitter for an additional mods and he is pushing back on doing any sort of toe box stretch due to the thickness of the plastic and potentially warping the boot but also says that he can't fit his tool in the toe box to make the proper grind? I don't think this is a big mod (I just need a few mm at most) but I also haven't had to do toe box work before. The shop I used to take my boots to was awesome but they shutdown last year and we don't have a great ski shop network in my city.

Any experts out there that can help? Thinking I just go to another bootfitter but want to make sure I'm well informed first.

U can usually fit a grinding tool into the end of most boots. Even size 22 race.

Maybe someone else has a different tool to use.

I have seen good results with toe stretching too. Even stretching the liner can help

You are in a good supportive custom footbed?

He probably only has one size of ball for his foredom, the biggest one doesn’t fit into the toe. Not sure why he cant just punch it if you’re willing to risk it, sounds like you dont need much and he doesn’t have to really crank it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    He probably only has one size of ball for his foredom, the biggest one doesn’t fit into the toe. Not sure why he cant just punch it if you’re willing to risk it, sounds like you dont need much and he doesn’t have to really crank it.
    so I gave him a call today to follow-up based on the feedback I received in the forum. His argument was that the plastic will weaken from being heated up and cooling down and that the risk of cracking is high? I'm no scientist but that does make a bit of sense.

I thing I'm just going to take it somewhere else and get them to grind it a bit more with a smaller tool.

It's a plug(ish) boot, they come 80% finished from the factory and are designed/meant to be worked on.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RadSkier_ View Post
    so I gave him a call today to follow-up based on the feedback I received in the forum. His argument was that the plastic will weaken from being heated up and cooling down and that the risk of cracking is high? I'm no scientist but that does make a bit of sense.

I thing I'm just going to take it somewhere else and get them to grind it a bit more with a smaller tool.
    What kind of bootfitter has the skills to grind but is too scared to punch? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    What kind of bootfitter has the skills to grind but is too scared to punch? Lol
    Should I try to punch it myself at home? I found some decent you tube videos and I could practice on some old boots first? I have a heat gun and a laser thermometer....

Quote Originally Posted by RadSkier_ View Post
    Should I try to punch it myself at home? I found some decent you tube videos and I could practice on some old boots first? I have a heat gun and a laser thermometer....
    Toe punch would be difficult without the lever press especially in a plug.

I’d just drive extra to someone who can do it for you.

Cut your toes off

Even the best bootfitter can't assess or do much about your situation online. If the toe is ground too thin, punching is prone to breaking through the shell . . .