Long shot- spare boot board for a Salomon S/Max 24.5

I recently bought some boots from someone off Facebook marketplace. Unfortunately the right boot is missing the boot board, and the seller is not responding..

I’ve starting asking a few ski shops in the Bay Area and Tahoe but I’m guessing it would take a long time to get the part if Salomon has it.

Big long shot, does anyone have any suggestions or somehow have one they don’t need?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anyone know if boot boards are shared among different sizes or models?

Post a couple of pics of the one that you have, and describe any markings on the boot board.

I have some old Salomon boots that you're welcome to have for parts, but they're much older, and IIRC 26.5, maybe 27.5, so unlikely to fit. I think mine are Xmax shells.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Hey thanks for the offer, unfortunately the S/Max boot boards are a different design than the X Max and seem specific to the shell size. I actually have a 25.5 S/Max to compare, but the boot board is longer and has slightly different contour underneath.

I’ll try to post some pics when I get home later tonight though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8945.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	245.0 KB 
ID:	452390Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8940.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	452391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1679186498.171864.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	452392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8943.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	452393

Maybe crazy but I had an idea to make a shock absorbing boot board with Sika self leveling concrete Crack filler: Oil the inside of the shell so this thing will come out; set the boot level at the angle you want; mark the level to fill to; and start squeezing that caulk gun.
    You'd probably need heat under it to make sure it cures ll the way through.
    Crazy?
    Now that I'm talking about it I kinda want to try it.
    I had an old pair of speedmachines with this type of boot board and it way so much better than the hard ones in all my boots now.
    Seriously considering this as I type.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jakezee View Post
    Maybe crazy but I had an idea to make a shock absorbing boot board with Sika self leveling concrete Crack filler: Oil the inside of the shell so this thing will come out; set the boot level at the angle you want; mark the level to fill to; and start squeezing that caulk gun.
    Crazy?
    I had an old pair of speedmachines with this type of boot board and it way so much better than the hard ones in all my boots now.

You should obviously do this so that we all get an entertaining TR. Post pics throughout the process. And a video of you trying to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by jakezee View Post
    Crazy?

Overfill and strap your foot in for custom molded insoles

Make a boot board out of pure Aquaseal, eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Interesting idea... But I want to solve my problem first ha

I've reached out to a bunch of shops but haven't heard back with anything yet. Does anyone have a contact at Salomon I can ask directly? That would be a huge help!