Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Because it shows their risk tolerance and decision making on what was supposed to be a scouting trip.
    I gotta ask, have you ever been in that drainage?

My takeaway on this incident is that they never seemed to have a descent plan. Getting to the top was the loose objective but getting down doesn't seem to have a discussion. Each party member probably were not ok with that but the mountain drew them in. Seen this before with climbers/hikers on 14ers.com but not so much with Backcountry skiers.
    McCammon would call that a heuristic trap, he would be right. Tragic but it happens and good observation BTW.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I gotta ask, have you ever been in that drainage?

McCammon would call that a heuristic trap, he would be right. Tragic but it happens and good observation BTW.
    Never been in that drainage. But it is an obvious slide path. It reminds me a lot of the screw on Tallac, which is another obvious but rather low angle slide path that some locals consider as a storm day option (video from old mag seanhav).
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp3T3oUgK7-/

I'm not necessarily saying choosing that path shows they're crazy. But it did ramp up the risk a little and they were rewarded for it up to that point.
    Last edited by powdork; 03-31-2023 at 09:59 AM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Bumping this because good news is worth celebrating.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php/?id...99915045501112

The dog that went missing during this accident is still alive. Caught on a game camera this week. Fingers crossed they are able to reunite the owner and the pup after so long.

fuck yeah Ullr!

holy shit, that's awesome, dogs are the best.

amazing. what a beast.

Incredible. That dog is going to have some stories to tell. Hopefully they can be reunited soon. Disney movie?

badass!!!

Wow, that is so cool! I scrolled up expecting they were reunited though, fuck, come on doggie, I hope you are found soon.

That's incredible. What a dog! There's a pup with some mad skills. Hope he's found quickly.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

ULLR!!