Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    To be fair, you just described the Era as well. Albeit at a less friendly price point.
    Having owned an Era, they are considerably less stiff than a Zeb or a 38. Much stiffer than a 36 though, which in hindsight is quite flexy.

A buddy is selling a new 38 Grip 2, uncut steerer for $850. Orange lowers for that pro dawg lewk. Lmk.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'd need at least 6.25-6.5" of steerer. I'm on a GG Gnarvana. The 36 with the coil went with the old bike when I sold it.

As much as I'd love to spend $300-400 and take 6 or 7 hours in my cold garage trying to upgrade my current fork I would rather just try something slightly better for $600ish.
    Where do you find these $300-600 enduro forks?
    With those numbers, I’d also be interested in an $800 Fox 49.

However many are in a shit ton.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    $600 I think is totally fair for a 38 Factory that someone had on a bike they bought new and then rode for a year and then parted out the bike/upgraded etc.

But we all know the real world/PB doesn't follow the Maggot code of used = 50% of original purchase price for resale.

nvmd, reading helps. deleted.

$600 I think is totally fair for a 38 Factory that someone had on a bike they bought new and then rode for a year and then parted out the bike/upgraded etc.

But we all know the real world/PB doesn't follow the Maggot code of used = 50% of original purchase price for resale.
    Unfortunately, the market says they are worth $700-750

I think I would sell my ZEB for $650 but that doesn't seem to be what you actually want.

Suspension forks are one of the few Bike parts that don't have big markups on the OEM level.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Having owned an Era, they are considerably less stiff than a Zeb or a 38. Much stiffer than a 36 though, which in hindsight is quite flexy.
    Hmm good to know, thanks. That wild, never felt my 36s have been too flexy but also never tried a 38 or Zeb. The Era may be my sweet spot, haha.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

My wife will be selliing her fox 38 soon. Steerer tube is 172mm long from bottom of crown race. 44mm/56mm steerer tube diameter (1.5".)

FORK
    FOX 38 FLOAT FACTORY E-BIKE+

29“ | 170 mm Travel | 110 x 15 mm Axle | 51mm OffsetGrip2 Damper, Adjustable High- and Low-Speed Compression and Rebound, Air Pressure, Kashima Coating

She rode the fork less than 10 times. Let me know if you are interested.

Great fork. Seling because the chassis is too stiff for her. Thankfully, at my age, I'm at no risk of being replaced.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Price?

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Price?

Likely $700 per up thread. The fork is essentially new.

Ok, so I can't find 2023 Zeb Airsprings in stock anywhere anyway. Charger 3s the same.

Would a 51 offset 38 be super weird if I am coming from a 44 offset zeb?

Ok, so I can't find 2023 Zeb Airsprings in stock anywhere anyway. Charger 3s the same.

Interestingly, I was thinking about this the other day.

Good article here:

https://www.theproscloset.com/blogs/...d-offset-forks

I've gotten the A2+ Zeb air springs from Universal Cycles and Worldwide, but they were both just the air shafts without the Buttercups assembly. I believe you can use those without the Buttecups but with an extension piece (that's what the Select+ models get), but I don't know the part number for the extension.

Paging Boissal....

There's a couple of good articles by Seb Stott up on PB today dealing with the '23 Zeb changes, and comparing it to the 38 GRIP2.

My summary of the changes: the Charger 3 damper change is pretty big, and does a good job of covering a wide range of damping settings with meaningful difference between each click. The new Debonair+ air spring adds a ton of midstroke and progressivity, but compared to the old one it's less supple off the top. The Buttercups may or may not do anything that you can feel.

His head to head says he very slightly favors the 38 still, mostly for the small bump. I think it basically boils down to personal preference - do you want your fork to ride higher, or be cushier off the top?

I have no idea how the fuck he rides the Zeb at that pressure with the rebound wide open. I've tried it several clicks past the recommended settings, and run a Motion Instruments data acquisition system, and it gets very, very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post

I have no idea how the fuck he rides the Zeb at that pressure with the rebound wide open. I've tried it several clicks past the recommended settings, and run a Motion Instruments data acquisition system, and it gets very, very fast.
    That is so confusing to me as well. He's running the 38 at 100 psi LSR -14, HSR - 6. I have a 38 and run it around 105-110 psi and run LSR -5 and HSR -4 which is one more click open than Fox setup guide. Opening up to his rebound feels like a pogo stick to me.

Ok, I'm back in the market. Who's holding a 38 Factory 29" with the good damper etc?

New bike is gonna have a wait a bit.

Ok, I'm back in the market. Who's holding a 38 Factory 29" with the good damper etc?

New bike is gonna have a wait a bit.
    I've got one for sale. Posted in gear swap. Pm me for mag pricing.

I've got a 2022 Fox 38 Factory that I am selling. I haven't gotten around to posting it yet on Pinkbike or here, but will do that soon. Anyhow, its in great condition overall. One rock scratch area on the lower right fork leg, nothing on the stanchions or elsewhere and the legs are wrapped in upland stoke protectors. Matte black with silver/gold decals, came stock on my Spire. I had the fork fully serviced with a bushing burnish/sizing to ensure no undue friction at Diaz Suspension Design last year. Only light ride time last year, and hasn't been on my bike since last summer. PM me if this sounds of interest and I'll get you photos and details.
    Last edited by garuda; 04-27-2023 at 01:27 PM.

Here's my pinkbike post for the 38 factory fork if WRG or anyone else is looking. Willing to negotiate on price within reason. https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3615774/

Quote Originally Posted by garuda View Post
    Here's my pinkbike post for the 38 factory fork if WRG or anyone else is looking. Willing to negotiate on price within reason. https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3615774/
    Fuck...thats perfect. Just bought my ski pass, bike park pass, yadda yadda yadda.