PIEPS JETFORCE TOUR PRO 34L M-L

Not for sale anymore and DON'T BUY A BATTERY POWERED PACK from Black Diamond, they won't have a replacement battery available when it eventually needs one.

$350

Original owner, used on one 7-day heli trip last season. No signs of wear that I could find. All accessories included.

I can meet in San Francisco or North Lake Tahoe, or ship at your expense.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2023-03-16 13.18.46.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	452115

Name:	2023-03-16 13.19.35.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	452116

Name:	2023-03-16 13.21.20.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	452114
    Last edited by greatjones; 03-20-2023 at 07:47 PM.

Pm sent.

PM sent if Core Shot passes.

Pm sent to get in line just in case

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have to end this sale unfortunately, the battery is not charging after I did some test deployments. And BD is not providing replacement batteries. Such a waste of a nice bag.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjones View Post
    I have to end this sale unfortunately, the battery is not charging after I did some test deployments. And BD is not providing replacement batteries. Such a waste of a nice bag.
    That’s some fucked up shit.

Thx for being honest.

But it makes me wonder how many airbags are going to be obsolete? Crazy.

Yeah, it's super frustrating to see BD not support their products. Li-on batteries need replacement eventually. By not providing them, they essentially just bricked 5 year old packs. It's inexcusable and a complete waste.

This is BD's statement: "Unfortunately, we no longer have access to batteries on the first-generation packs due to a global shortage in battery materials and the age of that system."

Yeah, it's super frustrating to see BD not support their products. Li-on batteries need replacement eventually. By not providing them, they essentially just bricked 5 year old packs. It's inexcusable and a complete waste.

This is BD's statement: "Unfortunately, we no longer have access to batteries on the first-generation packs due to a global shortage in battery materials and the age of that system."
    Any consumer electronics over a certain threshold sold in CA must be supported with replacement parts for 7 years. So they'd be required to offer a part or some other form of replacement if originally sold in CA. Maybe a replacement pack at a substantial discount if you wanted to bother.

Agreed though, really lame of BD.

Good info, thanks for that Pinned

Has anyone figured out a solution to this issue? My bag has the same issue. I'm trying to contact BD customer support

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

That's fucked. That's code for "we ran out and they're kind of expensive to get made so we're not going to"

There is a japanese replacement battery if you google it. I would go through some rigorous testing to verify that this functions reliably AND at low temperatures. There is also a way to replace the cells in your battery yourself, which is equally needing of testing.

@GreatJones/OP BD will probably offer you a 50% off coupon for a new airbag. I would go for this and sell it on the market place if you are going another route.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Quote Originally Posted by alfajores View Post
    There is a japanese replacement battery if you google it. I would go through some rigorous testing to verify that this functions reliably AND at low temperatures. There is also a way to replace the cells in your battery yourself, which is equally needing of testing.

@GreatJones/OP BD will probably offer you a 50% off coupon for a new airbag. I would go for this and sell it on the market place if you are going another route.

As a side note, BD told me that they replaced the battery in my bag, updated the firmware, and reset the bag when I sent it in at the end of Warranty years ago. I sold it to a friend (also on the forum) and he found out on a hut trip that the battery suddenly died after deploying successfully the week prior. BD told him they did not do the firmware or battery work they told me they had and offered the 50% off coupon. That was my first of 3 jetforce pro bags. I tend to sell them immediately as warranty expires and look forward to a day when we have the JFP features in a bag that uses capacitors. I am not holding my breath.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Quote Originally Posted by alfajores View Post

Thanks for the info. I'm looking into the Japanese battery option but haven't found it yet. I'm glad to hear they would at least offer 50% credit towards purchasing a new bag..

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk