Dominican Republic Beta?

Hey all,

I'll be up North in the Dominican Republic for a week in a half shortly and wondering if it's worthwhile to bring the gravel bike? I'll be staying up north near Punta Bonita. Thanks in advance!

Seth

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I’ve been to a bunch of Caribbean islands. The dr is one of the most sketchy. I wouldn’t want to be riding on a couple thousand dollar bike. It’s a don’t really leave the resort type of place.

I'll send you my brothers address when he's down there he can show you around
    sketch doesn't even begin to describe that country straying far from your all inclusive resort would be a mistake
    for some reason he navigates the place pretty well and can't think of a better place to be but he's super sketch so he fits right in

Casa Bonita isn’t open yet.
    https://gazette.com/arts-entertainme...6ef05fe03.html

DR is more sketch than Haiti? Or Kingston? Not sure about that call. But yeah. A gringo on a Spendy bike is asking for trouble.

Sorry... Not staying at a resort - we are going to be near Casa Bonita.

We've been to the DR before (Cabaret with trips inland and up the coast) and didn't think it too bad. That said I did grow up in Nigeria and live in western Montana so that probably has something to do with it.

That said I'd rather not lose the bike so I'll plan on paddle boarding...

We will be there 3/22 through about 4/1 if that brother is going to be around...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk