Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: ID hack?!?!?!?

Something is seriously fucked up on the back end - I think this placed has been pwned. I try to login today as normal (sierraskier)...all my shit has been changed, no PM's, profile name different, profile info changed....by some fucking troll in Vietnam. Clear cookies....same shit. Login from 2 other browsers....same shit.

try again in incognito at the link i posted above
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

test

Quote Originally Posted by GuyonaBuffalo View Post
    test
    Yeah. No. Still a dog on a buffalo.

Long ago, in another life, I was known as Jacques Strap. Now, I am only one more faceless soul upon the great back of this hellish bison.

Repent now and change your ways, traveler, lest you join us.

I seem to have been transmorgrafied into Guyonabuffalo when in fact I am PB. Please fix IMMEDIATELY.
    I have the exact same problem. Signed in with my user name, CSpringsPoser, but it shows me as GuyonaBUffalo. There are also PMs in my message boxs that are not from me and my messages are gone. WTF?
    Too Old To Die Young (TOTDY)
    Expect nothing, don’t be disappointed.

It's changing the login ID and password to the Buffalo account credentials when people are logging in. It appears their regular accounts are still there with their historical data but when they try to log in to them they get sent to Buffalo instead.. Is their new location in Update NY or not?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Orion's solution no longer works for me, so PB (me) has GoaB stuck on his forehead.
    Working now; previous issue was probably user error.

Can whoever's got this account logged in now at least get the proper avatar photo back up? You're sucking all the fun out of it.. Or a Bison on skis would be acceptable.

Weird is getting weirder. I'm still logged in a GuyonaBuffalo still b/c the logout reply method won't accept my credentials (VTskibum), but if I login through My Stash it does work but forum shows me GuyonaBuffalo still. I also cannot edit the GuyonaBuffalo through Edit Profile, when I do that it shows my VTskibum preferences. I can however navigate to GuyonaBuffalo's page and edit some of the About Me section. it doesn't allow editing signature or profile pic there though.

Weird is getting weirder. I'm still logged in a GuyonaBuffalo still b/c the logout reply method won't accept my credentials (VTskibum), but if I login through My Stash it does work but forum shows me GuyonaBuffalo still. I also cannot edit the GuyonaBuffalo through Edit Profile, when I do that it shows my VTskibum preferences. I can however navigate to GuyonaBuffalo's page and edit some of the About Me section. it doesn't allow editing signature or profile pic there though.
    Definitely time to speak to the Buffalo Manager

Dammit. Just saddled up.

I can see my UN in profile (adrian.bee) but appears I have the disease..

Jack here, can someone help me off the buffalo? I want to get off now!

J/k, this GuyonaBuffalo is actually Jason4. Posting from my work laptop that I was signed into normally yesterday. When I sat back down today it shows me as GonaB. Haven't tried any other devices.

None of the posted links would work. Finally did the lost password thing and was able to get logged in under my user name.

None of the links work for me either. And when I try the lost password thing, I get an error telling me that a sphere is NOT a 3D circle. Which... I mean, it isn't, but that is the answer to the prompt. So, I can't change my password.

My question is, why are so many people logging out on the regular, causing this need to log back in?

I can't remember the last time I logged into TGR. Ive been signed it basically since the last time I had to reset password from the hack of what was it.. '21?

I just had the snarly idea to change my reguler profile avatar to the Guy On Buffalo photo. But when I tried to go to that profile edit area it was asking me to log in to get to the edit profile section... NOPE!!!! FUCK THAT SHIT!!! Leaving it alone hahahahaha..

Interesting. I can post, edit, send and receive PMs not problem and have access to my full account.. as I have for months if not over a year since I last logged in.

But if I hit the "edit profile" button it prompts me to log in.

I'm already logged in goddamnit.

Wondering if it wants me to log into the stash or something different? I've never been in the stash and have certainly never tried to 'log in' there.

Could that be part of the problem? Stash fucking up the regular site and possibly holding this bug?

I dunno. Just passing this on in case it might help the guys in the server fan closet figure this out and give the buffalo the boot.

And still wondering why regular users are getting logged out so often. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    My question is, why are so many people logging out on the regular, causing this need to log back in?

I can't remember the last time I logged into TGR. Ive been signed it basically since the last time I had to reset password from the hack of what was it.. '21?
    I can't answer the question. That said, I regularly get asked to log in on the app on my phone; been that way ever since I changed my password a few years ago. Most of the time I can tell it "not now" and it still lets me post and recognizes what threads are unread, etc. Every now and then, it forces me to log in to post. And if I want to do any moderating action, delete spam or edit a post, it requires me to log in, twice. Once to even be able to start the action, then again to complete the action.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    And still wondering why regular users are getting logged out so often. WTF?
    I never logged off and even managed to post from a different device but when I went back to that other device it showed that I was once again a buffalo rider.
    -Jason4

Why not just ban/delete the GOAB account?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

whoa now! guyonabuffalo ain’t no benny…

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    We have 4 IT guys down at the server farm working on the case. We got em working in shifts!
    They are still working in shifts.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Why not just ban/delete the GOAB account?
    I think that would be a pretty rash thing to do when we don't have a clue why this is happening.