Page 6 of 119 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Mostly I just don’t want the Jets to second guess the Rodgers trade

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Mostly I just don’t want the Jets to second guess the Rodgers trade
    lol
    I still call it The Jake.

Lamar is fuct. He can't sit out, and he's too expensive for another team trade for. This season is going to be toxic for the ravens.

Yeah. Maybe. Either Lamar is really bad at representing himself, or teams/NFLPA just really don’t want more players doing it. Cause I’ve never heard any other players who rep themselves get so much heat for it. Sherman always got praised for it, most players don’t get any coverage of their agent situation.

I find it hard to trust anything coming out of the Ravens camp cause they’ve done him dirty for years now. Maybe it will come out that it was Lamar’s fault in the end, but I don’t really want to just take ESPN’s word for it
    Players don't get as much coverage of their agent situation because they're not former MVPs, at the most public position, seeking the largest contract in NFL history.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

A man has got to know his limitations

Lamar fuct himself by thinking he’s Deshaun. He ain’t got the arm for the money he’s asking.

So, what are his options at this point? He can play for the Ravens for $32m with the franchise tag. Or some other team can offer him more than the franchise tag amount and then he can go play there? Alternatively he can sit out a season and not play under the franchise tag, right? But then he doesn't get paid? What am I missing here?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    So, what are his options at this point? He can play for the Ravens for $32m with the franchise tag. Or some other team can offer him more than the franchise tag amount and then he can go play there? Alternatively he can sit out a season and not play under the franchise tag, right? But then he doesn't get paid? What am I missing here?
    He not only doesn't get paid, but I think he doesn't get credit for that year. IOW, they can franchise tag him at the same level next year. It's a giant game of chicken.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So, if I'm reading this right, unless some club miraculously shows up with a great offer for him then he's kinda backed himself into a corner. When's the situation have to be resolved? It's the some timeline with the league year starting or whatever? Or could he theoretically sit out a few games until some other qb1 goes down with an ACL and then get hired mid season?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

So, if I'm reading this right, unless some club miraculously shows up with a great offer for him then he's kinda backed himself into a corner. When's the situation have to be resolved? It's the some timeline with the league year starting or whatever? Or could he theoretically sit out a few games until some other qb1 goes down with an ACL and then get hired mid season?
    I think what Lamar is hoping is that Deshaun goes down with a season-ending injury and the Browns are forced to go all-in on another guaranteed-contract QB in just as many seasons.

It's a bold move.

I'm no expert, but I don't think there is a timeline. It's not like a date passes and he must sit out the rest of teh year. I think he can sign their franchise tag tender whenever (unless they rescind it in which case he becomes FA). And a trade could be worked out mid-season (before the trade deadline), or a team could sign him to an offer sheet (and Baltimore would have to match or let him walk).

NFL 2023-2024: Here's Hoping for Total Chaos

Even if he gets an offer that’s better than the ravens, the ravens can still match it. And probably would. No team is gonna pony up or they already would have done so. He’s just not worth the cash and picks required and no GM wants to waste time to make an offer than the ravens might cock block

He needs some PR flack to help him save face and take the ravens deal near term. He’s very limited in his options. He can’t sit and jump to another team just by not taking the ravens deal this year
    Last edited by mcski; 03-28-2023 at 01:32 PM.

Ravens could also trade him now for something less than two firsts. He could sign the tag, get traded, then negotiate an extension with his new team. That’s what Davante did I think.

He would have to be under contract to be traded.

It could all be sort of logical from a contract perspective, or it could be a pissing match between a team and player who don’t like each other anymore.

Yes, he has to technically sign the franchise tender to get traded, but a trade does have some advantages to an offer sheet.

NFL owners decline to make RTP reviewable, but do fix the injustice of, checks notes, players not being able to wear the number zero.

Phew.

NFL owners decline to make RTP reviewable, but do fix the injustice of, checks notes, players not being able to wear the number zero.

Phew.
    Also of note from the owners' meetings:

* Jimmy Haslam does not care that other billionaires are upset he gave a QB a guaranteed contract. He said something to the effect of "we're trying to win a Superbowl and my concern is that, not the payroll concerns of my competition". Seriously, what kind of weird world are we living in where fans are carrying billionaire's water crying foul that Haslam had the balls to do this. Those poor, poor billionaires.

* The proposed changes did not include the payroll escrow that owners must fund when they sign a contract. This means the chickenshit billionaire owners like Mike Brown would rather hide behind that (cause he knows he's got Burrow to sign in a year) rather than give Joe a fully-guaranteed deal.

Has Ayahuasca Aaron been signed yet?

The Jets are waiting to see if they can play Lamar off A-a-ron first.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Also of note from the owners' meetings:

* Jimmy Haslam does not care that other billionaires are upset he gave a QB a guaranteed contract. He said something to the effect of "we're trying to win a Superbowl and my concern is that, not the payroll concerns of my competition". Seriously, what kind of weird world are we living in where fans are carrying billionaire's water crying foul that Haslam had the balls to do this. Those poor, poor billionaires.

* The proposed changes did not include the payroll escrow that owners must fund when they sign a contract. This means the chickenshit billionaire owners like Mike Brown would rather hide behind that (cause he knows he's got Burrow to sign in a year) rather than give Joe a fully-guaranteed deal.
    The Commies saying they think Howell is a better option than Lamar just reminds all of us that billionaires don't necessarily make their billions on merit. "He is Purdy-like" should be a fireable sentence coming from an owner.

Dang they said that!?!

Yeah. Wild. I get saying something like "we think the cost for Lamar is too high for our current cap situation," or something, but saying "We see a lot of Brock Purdy in Howell, so we aren't pursuing Lamar" is just a wild thought to have.

Edit:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 2.32.43 PM.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	453558

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The Jets are waiting to see if they can play Lamar off A-a-ron first.
    JD came out soon after Lamar's tweet saying he's not interested. RS followed with the same message at the league meeting and went on about the importance of maintaining good will between the parties. So at least in public they're not. I think they're 100% in on Rodgers from OC through ownership and are gonna sit patiently while Gute's price continues to drop.

Players: "Thursday night games are dangerous, we hate them."
    Fans: Thursday night games suck, we hate them."
    NFL: "A team can now have two Thursday night games scheduled during the season"

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Players: "Thursday night games are dangerous, we hate them."
    Fans: Thursday night games suck, we hate them."
    NFL: "A team can now have two Thursday night games scheduled during the season"
    This tracks.

Did they mention a year-long season proposal yet?

Each team plays twice a week august through february, then the playoff teams get the privilege of playing every other week March through July. There is no Super Bowl