Page 1 of 119 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

NFL 2023-2024: Here's Hoping for Total Chaos

Name:  6-2.jpg
Views: 2105
Size:  56.4 KB

Total chaos

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

NICE!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have a hard time feeling like Saquon is ratfucked. For one, he's an NFL player getting paid millions. Two, he had a great year but he has such an injury history that he doesn't really warrant a long term big money deal, IMO.
    He was looking for long term security and incentives and he's on record saying it. Word is he turned down 12 million a year. Could he get more? Maybe this year he could, but probably not next year.

I still call it The Jake.

Chaos? Here's to another year of mediocrity of the Seahawks with them extending Geno at QB. I'm guessing 9-8 again unless they overhaul the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Chaos? Here's to another year of mediocrity of the Seahawks with them extending Geno at QB. I'm guessing 9-8 again unless they overhaul the defense.
    Cheap contract with minimal punishment to get out in a year or two sounds alright with me. That's a contract to buy time while looking for someone in the draft. I would prefer that compared to cutting Geno and picking and starting someone from the draft next year.
    Last edited by John_B; 03-07-2023 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Cheap contract with minimal punishment to get out in a year or two sounds alright with me. That's a contract to buy time while looking for someone in the draft. I was prefer that compared to cutting Geno and picking and starting someone from the draft next year.
    I agree with you, it's just kind of a boring move. Will be interesting to see how Adams and Brooks come back from injuries. That would improve the defense pretty significantly if they show up to camp healthy.

People still watch football?
    watch out for snakes

I'm here for the full transformation of Rodgers into Favre. Not sure I have another season of rooting for the Packers in me if he stays (Ok, this is obviously a lie, I'll watch all the games and still be too emotionally invested, but then also feel bad for rooting for such a prick all the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I'm here for the full transformation of Rodgers into Favre. Not sure I have another season of rooting for the Packers in me if he stays (Ok, this is obviously a lie, I'll watch all the games and still be too emotionally invested, but then also feel bad for rooting for such a prick all the time).
    It's really too much to ask for, it would all be so entertaining on multiple levels. The Favre parallel. Zach Wilson getting tossed in the trash. AR crying like a baby when the Jets O line plays like the Jets O line...

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    It's really too much to ask for, it would all be so entertaining on multiple levels. The Favre parallel. Zach Wilson getting tossed in the trash. AR crying like a baby when the Jets O line plays like the Jets O line...
    Rodgers dating women Wilson's age, and Wilson dating women Rodgers' age..... it's all too perfect which is why it won't happen.

News here is that ATL is out of the Lamar sweepstakes.

Reason being they don’t want to give a fully guaranteed contract to a running QB.

I have a feeling Lamar may be finding out what his market is like very soon.

Your QB poisoned the well.

Your QB poisoned the well.
    That may be true, but I’ll never cry for billionaire owners having to pay players whose average time in the league is around 3 years.

And the cap is fictional if that’s their concern too. I don’t think there’s ever been a team over the cap and they rework contracts all the time. Shit, Deshaun’s deal is getting reworked for this year so they can go after some WRs to put around him.

It sure would be fun to see Lamar play in Detroit, but I don't see them giving up two first round picks for him. They've been killing it in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That may be true, but I’ll never cry for billionaire owners having to pay players whose average time in the league is around 3 years.

And the cap is fictional if that’s their concern too. I don’t think there’s ever been a team over the cap and they rework contracts all the time. Shit, Deshaun’s deal is getting reworked for this year so they can go after some WRs to put around him.
    The fact that every QB-needy team is somehow immediately out on Lamar feels really fishy.

The fact that every QB-needy team is somehow immediately out on Lamar feels really fishy.
    And I know that Lamar and Deshaun are two completely different QBs so its not apples to apples, but all those QB needy teams were all in on Deshaun too.

The League is a good ol boys club for sure, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out these owners have a wink and a nod agreement not to put up with Lamar's way of doing business.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    March is misinformation season. I don't buy that these teams are "out".
    If you are a QB needy team, throw a 4 year / $200m contract, with $135m fully guaranteed, over the fence and see what happens.
    You forgot two first round picks which would go to Baltimore for Lamar's franchise tag.

I always find it funny that all these teams hoard their picks like gold when they haven’t drafted an MVP QB in the last thirty years. What makes them think two first rounders is going to get them there now?

The Pats didn't have a first or at least a good first for how long? Didn't seem to matter.

Having a good QB will do that for you.

That's dirt cheap to acquire a QB.
    Teams might scoff at his contract requests, but I doubt 2 1sts would give anyone pause.
    And they can always sweeten the deal by giving him his own office.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

That's dirt cheap to acquire a QB.
    Teams might scoff at his contract requests, but I doubt 2 1sts would give anyone pause.
    He wants a shit ton of guaranteed money on a long term contract (thanks Brownies!), plus the team will have to cough up 2 first rounders for a running QB. I think the last part is giving teams pause.

He wants a shit ton of guaranteed money on a long term contract (thanks Brownies!),
    Like it says on my profile, we're here to help.

I'm in the same boat. This season seemed to drag. From an entertainment perspective, it's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    News here is that ATL is out of the Lamar sweepstakes.

Reason being they don’t want to give a fully guaranteed contract to a running QB.

I have a feeling Lamar may be finding out what his market is like very soon.
    that is baltimore's point to franchise tag him at 32M$ and allow him to talk to other teams and if he goes they get two first round draft picks or match the offer

baltimore by it's actions is saying they don't think he is worth a guaranteed contract at 50M a year and who they want to commit on. they think he wants too much, I wonder what they are going to think when they are 7-11 without him