Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    He looks caucasian, but Mike McDaniel's dad is black. This was "news" last year when his hire was included in the list of minority head coaches. Not sure how you can call gaming the system, the Niners are obviously hiring good (minority) coaches. Just because he looks white doesn't make it that they are gaming the system.

Edit: found this pic of his parents at their wedding: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLAxXQ-V...jpg&name=large His dad looks like Darryl from coming to america
    Attachment 451183
    I hear he uses Soul Glo, too

The more I think about it, that "gaming the system" comment pisses me off. Do you think they're saying "well, he's really a white guy, which is what we want, but he counts as a black guy so if he does well and gets hired away we get a draft pick. So we should hire him instead of this other white guy that we actually like better"? Or that they are intentionally hiring less qualified black guys so that they have a better chance at getting draft picks?

Or, maybe, they're just hiring good coaches that happen to be minorities, while many other teams are the ones with bias?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I mean no disrespect, and the "gaming" comment is from the bird.

If the niners have a farm system for high quality minority coaches, more teams should be doing the same.

I did have no idea about McDaniel though.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Where he belongs.

Atta boy...

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Atta boy...
    Is Jimmy G "The Bachelor"? Cause that looks like a promo for a season of that garbage.

No. It's not over until he says its over.

Maybe.
    I still call it The Jake.

Atta boy...
    Those things are at MAX air pressure!!

Schefter reporting that the Bears trade the #1 pick to Carolina.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Interesting strategy, trade your best WR to draft a QB.

And their 2024 #1 pick, that they also just gave up, could be a good one

But they wouldn’t consider two firsts for Lamar…

NFL 2023-2024: Here's Hoping for Total Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    But they wouldn’t consider two firsts for Lamar…
    He’s clearly asking too much and w a big guarantee. Not worth it. He’s a runner, not a passer

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    He’s clearly asking too much and w a big guarantee. Not worth it. He’s a runner, not a passer
    Says who? He’s a former MVP. If you don’t think you can use that on your team you need better coaches and an imagination.

Says who? He’s a former MVP. If you don’t think you can use that on your team you need better coaches and an imagination.
    Says every gm in the league.

And what the hell are we doing going to get bryce young when we've got no skill guys left and are giving up our future draft stock?
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Says every gm in the league.

And what the hell are we doing going to get bryce young when we've got no skill guys left and are giving up our future draft stock?
    I just don’t buy it with the ridiculous money they’ve thrown at every mediocre white guy who’s ever made the playoffs. Browns aside, the Daniel Jones contract alone sets a market where Lamar should be looking at high 50s minimum. All the good young QBs run the ball a lot, and the QB run has turned into a big weapon for teams.

Something is going on for nobody to at least give him a look. Maybe it’s just ego and hubris with the GMs wanting “their” guy and getting the accolades, but holy hell their track records are really bad.

AFC West starting it up. Chargers restructure Keenan Allen, Joey Bosa, Mike Williams and Khalil Mack to get $20 million under the cap.

It's all or nothing this season for the Bolts. Next years salary cap is a giant bomb for the team.

Speaking of total chaos, this is definitely gonna happen, right?

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/202...-11-teams.html

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Speaking of total chaos, this is definitely gonna happen, right?

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/202...-11-teams.html
    I really, really, hope so. What could possibly go wrong?

This checks out.
    I still call it The Jake.

I just don’t buy it with the ridiculous money they’ve thrown at every mediocre white guy who’s ever made the playoffs. Browns aside, the Daniel Jones contract alone sets a market where Lamar should be looking at high 50s minimum. All the good young QBs run the ball a lot, and the QB run has turned into a big weapon for teams.

Something is going on for nobody to at least give him a look. Maybe it’s just ego and hubris with the GMs wanting “their” guy and getting the accolades, but holy hell their track records are really bad.
    He can run. Amazing. But throwing ? He’s not good. He’s been hurt. He was crazy money + guarantees. All those things together equal an expensive runner that probably has a very short shelf life

Also other GMs probably don’t want to spend time working out a deal that the ravens can match. Waste of time because that has pretty good odds of happening

Hence GMs are not interested for good reason

Panthers gave up DJ Moore and more for the #1 pick. Going after a franchise QB. Humm..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Jimmy G going to LV, 3 years at $67.5 million and all the pussy he wants.

What will be more fun to watch? Jests getting Ayahuasca Aaron as their QB, or the Jests not getting any QB?

Mike Fucking White is leaving the Jets for the Fins

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Mike Fucking White is leaving the Jets for the Fins
    Mike Fucking White will play at least 12 games for Miami next season.