Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Last run of the day is preferred nomenclature.
    I just say "We're taking this one to the car." And leave it at that....

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    "Here at Sun Valley, our blues would be considered blacks everywhere else."
    Speak the truth instead: "Here at Northstar our blacks would be considered blues everywhere else."

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    It doesn't matter if you call last run. You'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Last run of the day is preferred nomenclature.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    No thanks here either. We usually do the “ I’m out” when at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    "Lets see how we feel at the bottom"
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Time for beers is my go to.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this all the same goddamn thing?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this all the same goddamn thing?
    superstitions of a primitive culture

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Clacking your poles together before you ski a line is a cool thing to do.

Its about not telling my caveman brain that its allowed to relax, setting me up for lapsed attention and injury. Sometimes I do take another run after calling that too.

But its also superstition, of the harmless variety.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Msg is bad

indeed, Madison Square Garden sucks ass.. the higher seats are 10 miles from the action

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Jacking off too much makes you go blind.

what does this post say, i cant see

My wife used to love to go to open houses in the neighborhood, just to see what they looked like. Also houses underconstrution. I had a real estate agent patient sitting in my office--she saw my picture of my wife and said "I know her! She's at every open house I do."

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My wife used to love to go to open houses in the neighborhood, just to see what they looked like. Also houses underconstrution. I had a real estate agent patient sitting in my office--she saw my picture of my wife and said "I know her! She's at every open house I do."
    This is my wife all over.

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    Its about not telling my caveman brain that its allowed to relax, setting me up for lapsed attention and injury. Sometimes I do take another run after calling that too.

But its also superstition, of the harmless variety.
    Friend of mine goes in the opposite direction, à la theater's "break a leg", and will holler "last run of the season!" before dropping anything gnarly.

This is why they're a waste if time. This is the primary demographic of attendees.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    This is why they're a waste if time. This is the primary demographic of attendees.
    They only exist to make it seem like a Realtor is actually doing something to sell your home.

As I remember the 1st thing the Realtor at an open will ask is "do you have an agent ?" trying to establish the business relationship but people want the agent to do an open and they need some where to sit down and make follow-up calls anyway so why not from your living room

but not many houses get sold at the open

Several GF's back used to like going to the new home open houses in Calgary for decorating tips/ house ideas, she was pretty good at picking colors and i'm pretty sure she was the one who carried the paint sample cards with her at all times in her purse
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've only sold one house. I was sitting on my front porch with a for sale sign out front and I sold it t a couple that walked by and liked it. I still had to pay my agent though.

I've only sold one house. I was sitting on my front porch with a for sale sign out front and I sold it t a couple that walked by and liked it. I still had to pay my agent though.
    which is bullsh!t of the highest form
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    which is bullsh!t of the highest form
    Yeah, 'cuz he probably wrote the contract, made sure he was legally protected, managed the entire process, marketed the property, all the stuff a broker usually does, without any help. And of course the sign was there because of his broker's marketing and listing agreement. Jeezus F.

My suspicion is that what actually happened is that the couple walked by, saw the sign, chatted OG up and maybe got a tour, then called their broker (or his) and bought the place. Could be wrong of course, but it's unlikely OG invited them in, wrote an enforceable P&S agreement on the spot and got the deal to closing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Yeah, 'cuz he probably wrote the contract, made sure he was legally protected, managed the entire process, marketed the property, all the stuff a broker usually does, without any help. And of course the sign was there because of his broker's marketing and listing agreement. Jeezus F.

My suspicion is that what actually happened is that the couple walked by, saw the sign, chatted OG up and maybe got a tour, then called their broker (or his) and bought the place. Could be wrong of course, but it's unlikely OG invited them in, wrote an enforceable P&S agreement on the spot and got the deal to closing.
    Thanks. Saved me the trouble. We also bought a house the same way--we had an agent looking for a 3 BR house for us, didn't like what we saw, then happened to drive by a place with a sign that we loved the look and neighborhood of. It was a two bedroom house--our agent was puzzled but she didn't mind getting half the commission.

A buddy told us he would give a case of beer to anyone who sold his house so i pitched it to everyone who got on the chair with me and i think the 15th person bought it, some say i worked too cheap but it was a case of beer i didnt have.

you got 15 min to make the pitch, its like speed dating
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

>>>big Myth in the Hospital is remarking on how quiet the E R is.

Holy shit, that pisses off the Nurses!

It's like wtf ... it's 6:30 am of course it quiet; by 8 am they get swamped... didn't need Carnac and his crystal ball to figure it all out.

>>>another myth busted is> you can't post jong threads like this in the ski forum

For people that should be sciencey, saying the Q word in an ER is insane.
    You can say slow. You can say other things. But damn. The Q word makes them nuts. And then when it gets busy they say told you so.

Annoying Myths needing to be Busted

I laugh at the superstitious people I work with in the hospital when I say it’s quiet. They groan and say shut up. It’s just stupid. Morons.

Just straightening out the real estate open house conversation: Their main purpose is for your agent to show other agents the house in case those other agents have clients that might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Just straightening out the real estate open house conversation: Their main purpose is for your agent to show other agents the house in case those other agents have clients that might be interested.
    What actually happens: people looking to buy a home search online and find ones they want to go and check out - they do so, then pick one.

We have the internet now - there's almost zero reason to even have realtors anymore. Of course, you need one to get your home posted on the realtor sites, so there's that I guess.

Read heads are crazy

Bust that myth.