Maybe it is time to give up on B.C. backcountry this year.

I may get flamed for this, and I certainly believe in the right to make your own choices, but the snowpack in BC is sending a very clear message. Both RK and CMH have among the most experienced avalanche experts in the industry and follow best practice snow assessment protocols to the letter.

It is not working.

With spring snow finally returning and warmer temperatures, the stress on the fundamentally flawed snowpack is going to increase with more frequent consequential slides. Extreme caution is now needed or these incidents will continue.

Condolences to all involved, both the family and the survivors. Yet another father/son fatality. Just tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by redeyeballs View Post
    I may get flamed for this, and I certainly believe in the right to make your own choices, but the snowpack in BC is sending a very clear message. Both RK and CMH have among the most experienced avalanche experts in the industry and follow best practice snow assessment protocols to the letter.

It is not working.

With spring snow finally returning and warmer temperatures, the stress on the fundamentally flawed snowpack is going to increase with more frequent consequential slides. Extreme caution is now needed or these incidents will continue.

Condolences to all involved, both the family and the survivors. Yet another father/son fatality. Just tragic.
    Your post count is tragic. Vibes.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Ts and Ps that your backcountry season is over.