Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Shockingly, you see to be misinformed. Oxycodone is generic Percocet. OxyContin is time-release oxycodone. OxyContin was indeed more dangerous, because the dosages were quite large and the time-release aspect never worked as well as Purdue claimed. However, OxyContin is no longer produced and the FDA has not approved generic formulations.
    Plenty of info on oxy. They sold it as 12 hour pain relief.
    Nope. 8 hour breakthrough.
    Fuck the sacklers or whatever the fuck their name is. They’re being sued over this shit. I never ground up and snorted or smoked the oxy I had.
    Broken bones need opioids. And oxy was fine. But it didn’t last a long time.

Fact.

PS. Oxy doesn’t mean oxycodone. That’s just percs.

Shockingly, you see to be misinformed. Oxycodone is generic Percocet. OxyContin is time-release oxycodone. OxyContin was indeed more dangerous, because the dosages were quite large and the time-release aspect never worked as well as Purdue claimed. However, OxyContin is no longer produced and the FDA has not approved generic formulations.
    Well there’s more to it. Oxycodone is one active component of Percocet with acetaminophen. You can get straight oxycodone and it is indeed powerful but tolerance builds rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fuck the sacklers or whatever the fuck their name is. They’re being sued over this shit. I never ground up and snorted or smoked the oxy I had.

Fact.

Again, you’re misinformed, shocking. There’s way more effective treatment for bone pain than opioids like Toradal combined with Robaxin.

Oxcodone is not just “percs”. You should read and listen more instead of remaining ignorant.
    Last edited by MagnificentUnicorn; 04-12-2023 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Fact.

Doubling down in classic sponge brain fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Well there’s more to it. Oxycodone is one active component of Percocet with acetaminophen. You can get straight oxycodone and it is indeed powerful but tolerance builds rapidly.
    Correct. I was focusing on the active ingredient in Perc that is germane to this discussion.

The key to developing tolerance and addiction is maintaining a constant blood level, which is what makes extended release opiates so dangerous. Constant blood level is ok for a week or two for acute pain but not for chronic pain--unless the patient is terminal.

Joey, man...just a heart breaking and touching experience you recount. I am glad you got to write a new chapter for yourself.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Right on for feeling comfortable to share one of the hardest posts I’ve ever read on TGR with us. It doesn’t get more real. Proud of you for conquering this journey. And praises to the people in your life that love you dearly. I wish you nothing but the best.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The key to developing tolerance and addiction is maintaining a constant blood level, which is what makes extended release opiates so dangerous. Constant blood level is ok for a week or two for acute pain but not for chronic pain--unless the patient is terminal.

That's one side of it.

The other side is patients that get the feeling from opioids that is better than anything they've ever experienced and the only thing they want is to do is feel it again.

I was lucky enough to never have a serious addiction, but I certainly understand and have experienced that feeling. Luckily I didn't have access to become dependant and I was aware and educated enough to recognize that that was a road I did not want to go down.

It easily could have went the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Yes, I understand. You can build dependence with regular oxycodone easily as well ime. I stopped taking it after I crushed my chest because it stops working after a week and you need more for the same results. It didn’t really do anything for the pain, I just didn’t care about the pain.

it stops working after a week and you need more for the same results. It didn’t really do anything for the pain, I just didn’t care about the pain.
    Truth.

But I hated that feeling once I got ambulatory.

Yes, I understand. You can build dependence with regular oxycodone easily as well ime. I stopped taking it after I crushed my chest because it stops working after a week and you need more for the same results. It didn’t really do anything for the pain, I just didn’t care about the pain.
    The difference is that extended release is intended to maintain the blood levels. With standard release you have to work at it. Or to put it another way--it's a lot simpler to wean off standard release than ER.

As far as someone getting an opiate for pain and willing to do anything to feel that good again--they're getting too much opiate.

Thanks guys. I have to share that shit, it makes my current days struggles seem like a walk in the park when I revisit those memories. It also helps to share and help others understand that battles that some people face and deal with. I am also more then willing to ever talk with anyone, whether they have a problem or if it’s trying to understand why a loved one is walking that path or how to help.

The only way to end the opioid crisis is to show the users there is something better to live for them that, but that’s a pretty hard struggle in this country with the current state of affairs. But every junky is a master manipulator, so giving free things, or breaking laws with no punishment makes a junky not change anything.

Your earlier post was enlightening to put a face (or at least an avatar photo) to the problem. Appreciate the openness - it will likely benefit another mag or a friend/family member of a mag in some way.

We are sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, best friends. It's a tragic and dangerous situation. Very few addicts/alcoholics wake up one day and decide to become unemployable criminals. It should be treated as illness, not crime. Recovery prospects are pretty slim for most. But, miracles do happen. Thanks for sharing Joey.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Think it's time to bump this thread after THIS late breaking news (cross-post from the Shit that annoys you thread):

Court grants Sackler family immunity in exchange for $6 billion opioid settlement
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/30/busin...ity/index.html

An Appeals Court Gave the Sacklers Legal Immunity
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/31/h...y-opioids.html

With the countless lives lost and still being flushed down the toilet thanks to these demons, that entire family deserves some vigilante justice since our corrupt justice system just basically gave them the proverbial slap on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Think it's time to bump this thread after THIS late breaking news (cross-post from the Shit that annoys you thread):

Court grants Sackler family immunity in exchange for $6 billion opioid settlement
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/30/busin...ity/index.html

An Appeals Court Gave the Sacklers Legal Immunity
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/31/h...y-opioids.html

With the countless lives lost and still being flushed down the toilet thanks to these demons, that entire family deserves some vigilante justice since our corrupt justice system just basically gave them the proverbial slap on the wrist.
    They deserve to spend eternity in hell while Satan shoves a flaming pineapple up each of their orifices.

And I'm going to point a very large polyass finger at the political party that most supports this kind of business practice and has most recently installed judges that feel the same, including a SCOTUS supermajority.

Bumping this because I found myself rereading posts. The hard days now are leaps and bounds easier then the hard days of my past.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Bumping this because I found myself rereading posts. The hard days now are leaps and bounds easier then the hard days of my past.
    Happy you've found a groove that's working.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Happy you've found a groove that's working.
    i guess it works. I often wonder how people deal with the shit in life that made me do what I did. I know I did it so I couldn’t feel the hurt or pain, a coping mechanism.

i got rejected from a peer counseling group for labeling myself as an “ex-junky”. Labels aren’t allowed, wait what!?!? If someone touches kids, pedophile. Someone rapes people, rapist. Murders someone, murderer. But calling myself a junky, no fucking way, not allowed.

Guess that’s what I get for giving a shit and wanting to help, books teach it best, not the person that’s lived that path.

Rant over.

Signed by an ex-junky

Let's Talk About The Opioid Problem

Rant away (if you want to) - its helpful to hear about your experiences.

acceptance is one of the basic stones on the path. bravo SoVT Joey.

not all people who've gone down a path can find ways out for others. disbarring labels seems like an awfully inflexible path, almost hypocritical.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    i guess it works. I often wonder how people deal with the shit in life that made me do what I did. I know I did it so I couldn’t feel the hurt or pain, a coping mechanism.

i got rejected from a peer counseling group for labeling myself as an “ex-junky”. Labels aren’t allowed, wait what!?!? If someone touches kids, pedophile. Someone rapes people, rapist. Murders someone, murderer. But calling myself a junky, no fucking way, not allowed.

Guess that’s what I get for giving a shit and wanting to help, books teach it best, not the person that’s lived that path.

Rant over.

Signed by an ex-junky
    Right on man. Going on 4 years off benzos. While I’m very happy where I am in life now, that junky part of me still occasionally thinks about popping a pill to not deal with things, especially when things are just going wrong left and right.

But I don’t.

Strength to us both to just don’t. And the rest of you all reading this. Just don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Right on man. Going on 4 years off benzos. While I’m very happy where I am in life now, that junky part of me still occasionally thinks about popping a pill to not deal with things, especially when things are just going wrong left and right.
    I would take Ativan every night if I could without professional, family, social, and health detriment. None of those are possible, but I understand the allure.

Weaning off benzos can actually be life threatening, and miserable. Where withdrawing from narcotics, while miserable, is almost never life threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    ^^They've changed. My Dad is looking at getting a total knee and was told he would be on tylenol by day 2..
    the need to replace boomer knees fast, cheap, and relatively painlessly is a miracle of medical science